What happened to this game?!?! Gear is a NIGHTMARE!

damonskye

Wrong, factually, operative healers needed full 330 and gold augments to survive the Nahut snipe in couplings phase. They do NOT survive it any other way (technically yes, but only with sorc bubble which was not able to get to couplings because the fight was just that tight).

So yes, 330 gear was needed for gods in 7.0 and even then it was impossible to clear. Comparing it to heroics in 322 or 326 is not at all equal.

Then why don't you just do that content? If you are equal skill level as an elitist why not just go prove it then?

These arguments are like listening to two eleven year olds... we have the worst most immature community imaginable.

Wrong, factually, operative healers needed full 330 and gold augments to survive the Nahut snipe in couplings phase. They do NOT survive it any other way (technically yes, but only with sorc bubble which was not able to get to couplings because the fight was just that tight).

So yes, 330 gear was needed for gods in 7.0 and even then it was impossible to clear. Comparing it to heroics in 322 or 326 is not at all equal.

Then why don't you just do that content? If you are equal skill level as an elitist why not just go prove it then?

These People are what happened to this game and why Gearing Sucks. Only if you are special can you get good gear. It has NOTHING to do with NEEDING it but it has EVERYTHING to do with being an elitist and feeling superior to everybody else. Like your SPECIAL.

EVERYBODY pays the same for their Subscription. But only the MINORITY, the elitist can have the best gear. Instead the Majority of the Paying Customers / Players get the Crap and not much of that either....

Cue the Primadonna Rant... of How they are so much better than you and they need all the best and YOU DON'T because your not SPECIAL enough.

Edited by denavin

These People are what happened to this game and why Gearing Sucks. Only if you are special can you get good gear. It has NOTHING to do with NEEDING it but it has EVERYTHING to do with being an elitist and feeling superior to everybody else. Like your SPECIAL.

No, you just don't survive that without 330 gear and gold augs - the class doesn't have anything else. You do not need gear to complete a veteran flashpoint, you do need gear to beat some DPS checks in NiM raiding content. It doesn't matter that people can have more gear and feel superior - NiM raiders do not care about you. Gear is not nice to have in that content, it's mandatory. It is simply not mandatory for veteran flashpoints or sm operations.

EVERYBODY pays the same for their Subscription. But only the MINORITY, the elitist can have the best gear. Instead the Majority of the Paying Customers / Players get the Crap and not much of that either....

Again wrong, you need a sub to get gear - if you would just have the gear for the sub why stay subbed? Seems like a stupid business model. If there isn't any reward for completing challenging content less people would do it. And no, you can get gear too. Nothing is stopping you from making a raiding team, progging getting better and then gearing up together - as did everybody that else in the NiM community.

Cue the Primadonna Rant... of How they are so much better than you and they need all the best and YOU DON'T because your not SPECIAL enough.

You seem very special. But NiM players didn't want to have more gear than other people, but this is just not a new concept to an MMORPG. Even in WoW classic completing raids, which were easy but harder than dungeons would reward you better gear, if raids aren't to your liking - you can't get that gear. How is this an issue now? Even in 6.0 NiM raiders were able to get gear other people weren't, the Dxun sets could drop from Kai Zykken too but at an ENORMOUS cost of fragments. Legendarys are not only cheaper but also easier to use than a set bonus was.

It's just not that NiM players feel superior because they have 330+, how would you know that - apparently you have never talked to one. It's that you feel inferior because you don't have it, I don't get why you think you are a 2nd class citizen because of that, but as I said I don't care. I can only tell you that no NiM raider feels superior because they have more gear, now are there egos that flex their DPS? Yes, but that has very little to do with them having better gear and is honestly good because it gives you an excuse for doing less.

Why make the game boring? How is it interesting if everybody has gear? It's just another system you do for a day and forget about it, now at least it's fun to get that gear and upgrade it. At least it is for me, if gearing is a chore to you - then don't do it. Nobody is forcing you, nobody feels superior, it's just you wearing a tin foil hat.

Edited by ZUHFB

You do realize that every expansion in every MMO makes the previous expansions gear outdated and irrelevant correct?

While I understand many on these forums don't like this gearing system, and that fine to have that opinion, but to expect the 6.0 gear to not be outdated isn't realistic either.

They made gear outdated in FIVE MONTHS. No real MMO does this.

No, you just don't survive that without 330 gear and gold augs - the class doesn't have anything else. You do not need gear to complete a veteran flashpoint, you do need gear to beat some DPS checks in NiM raiding content. It doesn't matter that people can have more gear and feel superior - NiM raiders do not care about you. Gear is not nice to have in that content, it's mandatory. It is simply not mandatory for veteran flashpoints or sm operations.

Again wrong, you need a sub to get gear - if you would just have the gear for the sub why stay subbed? Seems like a stupid business model. If there isn't any reward for completing challenging content less people would do it. And no, you can get gear too. Nothing is stopping you from making a raiding team, progging getting better and then gearing up together - as did everybody that else in the NiM community.

You seem very special. But NiM players didn't want to have more gear than other people, but this is just not a new concept to an MMORPG. Even in WoW classic completing raids, which were easy but harder than dungeons would reward you better gear, if raids aren't to your liking - you can't get that gear. How is this an issue now? Even in 6.0 NiM raiders were able to get gear other people weren't, the Dxun sets could drop from Kai Zykken too but at an ENORMOUS cost of fragments. Legendarys are not only cheaper but also easier to use than a set bonus was.

It's just not that NiM players feel superior because they have 330+, how would you know that - apparently you have never talked to one. It's that you feel inferior because you don't have it, I don't get why you think you are a 2nd class citizen because of that, but as I said I don't care. I can only tell you that no NiM raider feels superior because they have more gear, now are there egos that flex their DPS? Yes, but that has very little to do with them having better gear and is honestly good because it gives you an excuse for doing less.

Why make the game boring? How is it interesting if everybody has gear? It's just another system you do for a day and forget about it, now at least it's fun to get that gear and upgrade it. At least it is for me, if gearing is a chore to you - then don't do it. Nobody is forcing you, nobody feels superior, it's just you wearing a tin foil hat.

To say the NiM community doesn't have elitist jerks is just not true. They are out there. Just like normal level headed NiM people out there. The problem is... the elitist jerks are the first and most vocal when it comes to telling others what they need and what they don't.

Look... do I NEED 340? No. Do I want 340? Sure... why? To make my playing time more efficient. Why isn't that a legit reason? Don't tell me about the "capped" junk people talk about. I do content much faster (even heroics) in higher level gear than I do in entry 320 gear. My AOEs kills mobs faster when I am in 330 than when I am in 320.

To say the NiM community doesn't have elitist jerks is just not true. They are out there. Just like normal level headed NiM people out there. The problem is... the elitist jerks are the first and most vocal when it comes to telling others what they need and what they don't.

Yes, of course. However I specified elitism over gear didn't I? Yes of course there are douchbags, but most people just don't care that they have a higher GS than some guy from the fleet.

Look... do I NEED 340? No. Do I want 340? Sure... why? To make my playing time more efficient. Why isn't that a legit reason? Don't tell me about the "capped" junk people talk about. I do content much faster (even heroics) in higher level gear than I do in entry 320 gear. My AOEs kills mobs faster when I am in 330 than when I am in 320.

Yes. This is the problem and the thing I do not understand. Why is gear the goto thing to make your playing time more efficient? Of course gear does this, but looking up rotations, having keybinds, learning your class to the highest level will rewards you 50x more than your gearscore does. Having a 329 Gearscore means nothing. Your DPS range is still from 9k to 31k depending on class and skill, if you do 14 to 15k what realistically speaking most people on the forums probably do, learning your class is SOOOO much better at making your play time more efficient. Not to mention the game is different with keybinds, stop clicking. NiM raiders don't do heroics faster than you because they have more gear, they do it faster because they know how to play the class, know damage typing don't hit into saber wards etc etc. knowing the game and the classes will reward you WAY more than having gear. This is why I say people don't need gear because there is a faster, better and easier way to achieve all your goals - and that is reading a guide, looking up rotations etc.

Yes, of course. However I specified elitism over gear didn't I? Yes of course there are douchbags, but most people just don't care that they have a higher GS than some guy from the fleet.

Yes. This is the problem and the thing I do not understand. Why is gear the goto thing to make your playing time more efficient? Of course gear does this, but looking up rotations, having keybinds, learning your class to the highest level will rewards you 50x more than your gearscore does. Having a 329 Gearscore means nothing. Your DPS range is still from 9k to 31k depending on class and skill, if you do 14 to 15k what realistically speaking most people on the forums probably do, learning your class is SOOOO much better at making your play time more efficient. Not to mention the game is different with keybinds, stop clicking. NiM raiders don't do heroics faster than you because they have more gear, they do it faster because they know how to play the class, know damage typing don't hit into saber wards etc etc. knowing the game and the classes will reward you WAY more than having gear. This is why I say people don't need gear because there is a faster, better and easier way to achieve all your goals - and that is reading a guide, looking up rotations etc.

Thanks for the typical L2P Noob response.

WoW used to. Whenever they put out a raid, new tiers of gear came out with it. (or a new difficulty level to an existing raid). From my understanding even WoW doesn't put out a raid in 5 months any longer.

WoW used to. Whenever they put out a raid, new tiers of gear came out with it. (or a new difficulty level to an existing raid). From my understanding even WoW doesn't put out a raid in 5 months any longer.

Used to... this is 2022... even WoW is super casual friendly anymore.

It's not a L2P issue, L2P is if you are too bad for certain content. This is just a situation of being efficient, which is understandable and reasonable, and you are way more efficient if you play your class the most efficient way - gear cannot compete with that at all.

In 6.0 they released the gold 77 augs because raid teams were having difficulty doing the dxun raid. For all the ppl crying about having the best gear, how many of you have a gold set of augments which cost about 14b credits? Cuz if you had ur 306 gear but u didn't have gold augs you didn't have the best possible gear in 6.0 either 😂😂 Edited by Samcuu

I can never quite understand why some people are so concerned about 'gear'.

Because it's numbered. It preys on a players OCD and dopamine reaction when you have the best. Because aside from 20 min of story... what else is there to do?

Because it's numbered. It preys on a players OCD and dopamine reaction when you have the best. Because aside from 20 min of story... what else is there to do?

Heroics

Flashpoints

Operations

Nightlife event

World bosses

Datacron hunting

Macrobinocular quests

Seeker droid quests

PvP

GSF

RP'ing

To name a few. 🙂

You do realize that every expansion in every MMO makes the previous expansions gear outdated and irrelevant correct?

While I understand many on these forums don't like this gearing system, and that fine to have that opinion, but to expect the 6.0 gear to not be outdated isn't realistic either.

This was the first expansion where you were penalized, which is different than making some gear outdated and why because I tested the gear and my 306 gear was doing better for the content, I was doing but then they decided to penalize you, which is different than it being outdated. They specifically went in to penalize you if you use the gear they wanted. Outdated is one thing, penalizing is entirely different, that gave the impression you were forced to use that gear.

You couldn't even replace the mods if you wanted to, and you still can't if you don't have the specific type of gear that they will allow to be exchanged for the mods.

Edited by casirabit

Heroics - in 11 years done them all a BILLION times (aside Mannan)

Flashpoints - see heroics

Operations - pretty close to having all the HMs done (except the stupid hardmare ones and the new one)

Nightlife event - zzzz

World bosses - see heroics

Datacron hunting - done

Macrobinocular quests - done (not going to do them on all toons for the sake of having something to do)

Seeker droid quests - see binocs

PvP - i don't epeen

GSF - see PvP

RP'ing - not yucking anyone else's yum... but no thanks

Aside from grinding kills and such for achievements... no thanks... there really isn't much to do that hasn't been done 100 times.

1) 330 isn't outdated yet, 340 is so hard to get it might as well not exist -> 330 is BIS for almost all Players

2) but even if it was you can get SWTOR Gear (for your entire Legacy) with minimal effort.

compare that to WoW where you'll WORK for the Gear, literally, if you want bis before the Update drops (and the difference between "catch up gear" and BIS is Worlds in WoW) you'll make WoW your Job otherwise you won't get BIS before the Update.

My biggest complaint with the gear isn’t so much the grind (330 is attainable relatively quickly). What bothers me more is the way they split everything up into separate paths for PvP, Flahspoints, Ops, etc. which made things wildly confusing, and also the requirement for so many currency types. There should just be one currency type you can get from each activity, with the amount you get scaled to the time investment and difficulty. It is also bothersome that you need daily matrix regardless. I don’t like being forced to farm content I don’t want to do, which includes dailies/heroics and especially world bosses because of the difficulty in getting a group unless you are in a guild. If all the currency you needed to upgrade dropped from the content you actually want to do, like you could upgrade doing PvP and nothing else or doing Flashpoints and nothing else, that would be fine.

There are currently six currencies for upgrading gear. That is beyond excessive. And yeah, you don’t need all of them, but the system is far from intuitive. If you are a new player or someone returning after a long absence, you shouldn’t have to come to the forums and read a 2,000 word essay on hearing changes to figure out how to grind gear. People say ask in chat, but that is often less than productive. There is no reason why gear progression can’t be more intuitive and far less complicated and confusing than it is in 7.0.

In 6.0 they released the gold 77 augs because raid teams were having difficulty doing the dxun raid. For all the ppl crying about having the best gear, how many of you have a gold set of augments which cost about 14b credits? Cuz if you had ur 306 gear but u didn't have gold augs you didn't have the best possible gear in 6.0 either 😂😂

I had my Veteran's Edge. That's pretty much all I care about.

Operations - pretty close to having all the HMs done (except the stupid hardmare ones and the new one)

Nightlife event - zzzz

Datacron hunting - done

Macrobinocular quests - done (not going to do them on all toons for the sake of having something to do)

PvP - i don't epeen

GSF - see PvP

Nightlife -- Too grindy.

PvP -- Can't choose my map.

Strongholds -- Too buggy and no system upgrades.

Space Barbie (I mean outfits!) -- Too buggy and hard to manage the UI these days.

But back to gear... it's crazy how often I hear people in General chat complaining about how they can't get PvP or Ops to pop. Maybe if more people could get the gear they needed, the queue would fill up faster.

Yes, I know you can get the gear if you work hard enough, lots of people have done it. I was able to gear up before the latest system was released... barely. I have a job and a family to care for, so I don't have as much free time as some. I wonder how many others like me have just sighed and given up on it for now.

Edited by Xina_LA

I understand the set changes, but I don't like how all content has different gears and you need to even upgrade them with even more grind.

And your old sets stop working at 75.

The old system worked perfectly fine for getting sets and good enough gear.

Here you need to upgarde your items at the same price as buying them for sets, and you need to level up regular ones as well.

This is an alt nightmare. It may be ok on 1 character, but I'm sorely dissapointed with it. I don't want to do raids, they are too long, and I need to, to unlock vendors. Vendors should never be quest locked anyway, especially with a bug prone game like this.

Just make ONE currency, tech fragments, and don't give it a max limit. Let people use it to buy bind to legacy gear, preferably gold. Raids should give the most tech fragments, but solo, casual, pvp players should be able to get the best gear too, just a bit slower.

Now its not a bit slower, its hyper slow to impossible. So worse class power, worse gearing, and not much of a story.

Nightlife event - zzzz

Datacron hunting - done

PvP - i don't epeen

GSF - see PvP

RP'ing - not yucking anyone else's yum... but no thanks

Aside from grinding kills and such for achievements... no thanks... there really isn't much to do that hasn't been done 100 times.

So, basically what you're saying is YOU've run out of things to do, so therefore, the devs should be concentrating on what YOU want. 🙄

So, basically what you're saying is YOU've run out of things to do, so therefore, the devs should be concentrating on what YOU want. 🙄

That makes no sense. You asked why people were concerned over "gear".

I said it was because it's a grindy thing for people to do (you can go back and read it again).

Why are you trying to make it about me? I never once said the devs should be doing something else. You asked... I answered.

Yes, I replied to your list of things to do. But I never once said that the devs should be doing something else.

As quoted above, you said "what else is there to do" - period - suggesting that there's nothing to do in the game except get gear. You did not say "i've run out of things to do".

It's not my fault that you can't express yourself clearly. 🙄