Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Long, long time ago ... in a galaxy far, far away ... we all have started to wait in this que!

I really enjoy this forum ... such heavy thread is rare to see! Poor BioWare, after the hudge work done, such outcome ...

Edited by Menelic

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot: I regret having put my game codes in, or I could at least have sold my two CE.

Now I have 300 buks spent in something completely useless, you told me where to create my guild and tell my guildmates to log and now your best advice is "create a char on another server".

Kudos to Bioware

I would say the English PvE realms are now worse than the PvP ones - each days unless its between 9pm-8am we have 1hr + queues to get it.

Please tell me that these server limits are only temporary, as its going to be 1000 time worse on launch!

Much more of this and i cant see the point of subscribing

i dun wanna be a smart azz here

but most of you said waiting EGA waves was ****** and most of you agreed it would be better to wait in-game que...

there you go. .. damn in-game que

it's all because of the silly guild launch program

if there was no guild launch, than nobody would knew the server list until 13th, than no community would declare a server "unoffical noob server" and spamming general chat in their native languages and queing the server for 6hrs

go back to play wow kids

Well I can at least tell you that Bioware are reading every reply on this thread as I just got a warning literally 1 minute after I posted it.

So seeing as you are reading this and not replying how about instead of wasting your time managing forums for people that are angry due to your failures and give us some information?

Edited by Gstring

Just to add another disgruntled voice to the thread. I've made two attempts today to log in today.

The first around 9am UK time - already a 1 hour queue according to the estimates, which hadn't cleared around midday, which is around the time I got inexplicably disconnected by some in-game error.

Second attempt was around midday UK time, queue estimated at 2 hours. Nearly 6 hours later I am still not logged in to my Guild's allocated server.

I can only see this problem being completely exacerbated come release and again after people unwrap their presents on Xmas day.

I have three complaints. First, any kind of queue to play is utterly unacceptable. Six or more hours before release simply beggars belief and is bordering on farce.

Secondly, no protection from disconnection or inexplicable in-game errors booting you out of the queue, leaving you with no choice but to start from the beginning all over again, wasting hours and hours of your precious free time, is completely unacceptable.

Thirdly, the queue estimates are wildly inaccurate and need to be revised to reflect the true time you will spend queuing.

Edited by Turcs

Players right now don't give a damn about experiencing the game with a maxed out server community they just want to play the game with the character they have started WHENEVER they log In.

IF YOU ONLY EVER LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS ONCE, LISTEN TO THEM NOW

OPEN UP MORE SERVERS AND ALLOW FREE TRANSFERS.

It matters not how amazing the game Is, the point Is, If you don't listen and support your player base they WILL eventually leave.

I forgot: I regret having put my game codes in, or I could at least have sold my two CE.

Now I have 300 buks spent in something completely useless, you told me where to create my guild and tell my guildmates to log and now your best advice is "create a char on another server".

Kudos to Bioware

You still have two days to cancel. If you start trying now you might get through their customer service blockade in time. RUN MY FRIEND!!! RUN!!!!

F*** you bioware. This is infuriating, my friend and i who bought this game together haven't had a single change to play together since we both got early access. We had been queing for 2 and 45 minutes straight when he gets "Error 1003" and is placed at the back of que. Well well. that's just swell.

Players right now don't give a damn about experiencing the game with a maxed out server community they just want to play the game with the character they have started WHENEVER they log In.

IF YOU ONLY EVER LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS ONCE, LISTEN TO THEM NOW

OPEN UP MORE SERVERS AND ALLOW FREE TRANSFERS.

It matters not how amazing the game Is, the point Is, If you don't listen and support your player base they WILL eventually leave.

Listen to this guy. Are you expecting to keep players around when you treat them like this?

Main problem with queues is when some servers have 1000-2000 queues with still about 8-10 servers at standard/heavy.

Sure I could roll another character and start over but no guarantee those "new" servers will fill the same up after the 20th. When I made my character at Red Eclipse it was standard at most. Now there was even a queue at 11AM CET in the morning.

Total population isn't spread even at all and I'm just talking about EU english.

2 PvE and 3 PvP servers have queues far above the rest.

Opening new servers doesn't help much without offering some way to fill them from current overfull servers.

(of course the servers might be running at lower cap mode to fill others faster... and queues will be gone eventually) But at this rate something gotta change before the 20th or a lot of paid customers gonna think twice.

Edited by Nycterlia

I don't know how they didn't foresee this problem.

The situation occurs when the first person in a group of friends find a server and the rest of them (regardless of early access day) all pick the same server to play with their friends. Multiply that a fee thousand times and you end up in this mess we have now: players won't move to another server because they have already invested time in their characters and new players want to join them in the same server.

So the only two logical options are:

Increase server capacity or allow free character transfer.

The live team should simply take The guilds from The busiest servers and move them wholesale to new servers and anyone else will just have to apply to be moved.

It's also worth considering increasing capacity of the starter zones as it seems outside of those the zones the population drops dramatically.

Hope this gets sorted soon as it's only going to discourage players from the game if they have to chose between playing with friends or wasting their time on a server that they'll eventually abandon.

Mea Culpa

I admit I was initially very frustrated with the server queues, but that was because I wasn't using the queuing system correctly, and kept getting placed at the end of the line. Once I understood how the system worked, I had no problems. Admittedly, the queue has been only 15 minutes on my server.

If there are multi-hour queues on some servers, then you all have my sympathies, but I did want to post a correction to my earlier posts expressing my frustration.

Im officially in queue for 3 hours and 52 mins and I've got another 491 numbers to go. All this just to play with my friends (GAMES tab on "my account": Don’t play solo! Tell your friends you've pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and play all togerther...). Ironic isn't it. I won't qq.. I'll just wait a few days and lets see how they are gonna handle it... Stay strong ppl :p

I find it quite unprofessional to tell someone to which server he should go and then you have to wait at least an hour plus everytime you want to play on your destined Server.

What was the whole Guild Programm for it noone cares a rat fart about it.

Beisdes that i havent seen any Online game you pay money for where you have to wait over an Hour just to play on the Server you have been destined for.

It does not only kill all Guild and Group Activites (Imagine, you ll do a Instance or Quest together but do not know when your other Players even can be there.)

If a Server is full it is full but then i simply would not allow the creation of new Characters on that Server.

For instance it happend a few times now, that i playes and got a client crash, i had to wait 2 Hours to get back in.

This is a not agreeable and not bearable Situation for a Casual Gamer who plays maybe 2-3 Hours every two days. Under current Circumstances it means that he has half the time he plays in a week just to wait that he can play on his server.

To want money for this feldergarb is criminal.

At the LoL server, people are still making new characters, and that server is FULL :')

what a nice day. 5h and 20min in a que. yes finaly got inn the clock is 18:30. iv got a nice 4h to 5h of game time. 18:45 crash, relogging new que spott 1987 in the que. lovely 5h game time - 5h, 20min que time. vil give me -20min game time..

THX and **** YOU BW/EA