Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

KeithKanneg

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I read as well, as they like it the way it is now.:confused: Ideally, it would be, large chunk, continued updates throughout the year, but I guess that wont really happen.

It's hard to see what the majority wants as one side screams , big expansions and the other side screams regular small updates. Yet when the small updates come, nobody seems to be that happy. and we get the "this is it?" threads.

smh.

Id prefer larger story drops personally. Unless we are going to continue getting alliance alerts with companion / LI interactions outside of the reunions, the small snips of story thats come with the flashpoints last year is just dissapointing. Its like all up maybe 30 mins of actual story in an entire year, if that most of which was not repeatable. We got more then that in some of the monthly chapters and those we can also repeat.

QOL all future story quests, LI returns and companion interactions need to be easily repeatable. New romances like Arcann as well. Its a very long slog now to go from level 1 to the new content for those who are pedantic about making all their own choices and not having the game chose for them.

Edited by Suzsi

Did we read different roadmaps? They basically said there will not be a traditional expansion anymore, at least not this year.. they are going to put out the content as it comes out.

Which is probably better for the overall state of the game, putting out smaller chunks of content faster. The content locusts don't like it, because they can't gorge, but I doubt BW:A wants content locusts any more. If they ever did.

Nobody can ruin this for me, No matter how hard a person may try.:rak_03:

Question about the Arcann romance, will this be an alliance alert, or do you just go to him and click on him? Or something else.:rak_02:

Just for you it's going to be like a scene from 50 shades of Gray

Id prefer larger story drops personally. Unless we are going to continue getting alliance alerts with companion / LI interactions outside of the reunions, the small snips of story thats come with the flashpoints last year is just dissapointing. Its like all up maybe 30 mins of actual story in an entire year, if that most of which was not repeatable. We got more then that in some of the monthly chapters amd those we can also repeat.

QOL all future story quests, LI returns and companion interactions need to be easily repeatable. New romances like Arcann as well. Its a very long slog now to go from level 1 to the new content for those who are pedantic about making all their own choices and not having the game chose for them.

Yes on the repeatable content.

If they were going to release new FPs and content every one or two months, it might work. But right now it looks like we're having to wait five months from the end of Copero to Nathema to get just another 5-minute scrap of story., which is a bit long.

Does this mean the game update in April will be the end of the traitor storyline? That doesn't seem clear on the roadmap.

Also, is there ANY hope of getting actual chapters or something similar in the future for released story content? While I've loved the design and gameplay of both flashpoints (Umbara and Copero), the dialogue with other characters is SO limited. I loved Copero so much but was really disappointed that we didn't get one interaction with Theron whatsoever. I guess I don't really look at it as actual "story content" when it's mainly just fighting through a flashpoint to get to 1 or 2 end cut scenes. The story isn't in the fighting, it's in the dialogue and interactions and when there's barely any....it's just very unsatisfying. I know everyone loves Lana but personally? She bores me to death so only getting to interact with her has been...not fun lol. I know the world doesn't revolve around me and there are other players to consider and listen to, I never ever complain but I guess I'm just hoping for some meaty story interactions b/c it's been barely anything since August/September. 3 flashpoints over 7 or 8 months with very little character interaction is just a hard pill to swallow.

Very excited for the rest, glad you guys are open to a wider expansion down the road and I'm definitely NOT one of these people threatening to cancel their sub -- I love this game and will remain subbed until it's dead in the water but, I feel very deflated when it comes to story content.

Which is probably better for the overall state of the game, putting out smaller chunks of content faster. The content locusts don't like it, because they can't gorge, but I doubt BW:A wants content locusts any more. If they ever did.

It's just that the people that always seem to be around, subscribed and posting on the forums, don't exactly seem to be happy with the small updates. They complain how short it is, and whatever is included is generally lackluster.

Last time during Kotet, they said people are into "bingeing" I wonder what changed with that mindset, because I see more unhappy people all around rather than happy.

Just for you it's going to be like a scene from 50 shades of Gray

lol, no thanks.:rak_04: Not that I've seen the movie.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Why are you disappointed? And thank you!:p

They basically said 2018 will be another 2017... 2017 was the worst year in swtor history for me.. The fact they are even proud of 2017 is worrisome. Deep down I was hoping for 6.0 to be this huge expansion that made 2017 disappear and brought new life and a new spark into swtor. I guess it is on me to be wishing and hoping for something like that. :( I feel a disturbance in the force today, and not the good kind. I'm sorry guys but as luke once said, "This is not going to go the way you think!".

If you needed any more evidence that Anthem has took All SWTOR resources just look at this "Roadmap"

1. Full Master Mode for all bosses; Nope

2. “traditional” expansion: Hell No

3. Reuse of more assets for FP; Yes

4. Not having any idea what we are going to put out after 5.9: Yes Sir

5. More and "Improved" Cartel Market; Hell Yes (Because We Need Money)

The new operation boss is a little confusing. Do we have to clear the first four bosses in VM in order to fight Izax, or if we set the instance to MM can we fight just him? For the title and special reward do we need to kill Izax on each toon we want the tittle on or once we have the achievement can we buy the rewards for all of our characters? If we need to clear on each character how will that be tracked. Will there be away to tell in game which toons are eligible and which are not before 5.9 releases?

Hey everyone,

Companions:

[*]Arcann Romance – Everyone’s favorite former villain has had a change of heart and may be more “available” than he was previously.

As a personal side note, while I understand tastes differ and while I applaud that the team took notice of player's feedback (or at least, of those who want to romance Arcann);

1 - Arcann is NOT "Everyone's" favorite former villain, he's hardly even a former villain in my eyes.

2 - It would have been more decent if the introduction of his romance was held off until all original companions had been returned to us. There are plenty of players who've been waiting for their crew to reunite, or to get their husbands/wives back, for far longer (two and a half years, and still counting) than an Arcann romance has been on anyone's wishlist.

I don't expect, nor am I asking you, to reverse this decision now it's been made but I do wish to voice my opinion. Perhaps its something for the team to be considerate of in future, similar instances.

Translation time! From PR ******** Keith is fluent in to normal English. Here we go:

Hey everyone,

I think for all of us, this Roadmap process we started last year could stand a bit of improvement. Instead of providing information every 90 days or so, it’s taking a lot longer to get you any information about what we’re planning, and honestly, that needs to change. I’m still reticent about communicating details beyond 90 days, but I do want you to be comfortable with our direction and where we are headed.

With this in-mind, we’ve decided to use the Forums as the means to get you the information about the next couple months versus waiting for a Roadmap. This will allow us to be more responsive to your questions, address your concerns, and maintain a better dialog going forward. It also helps us (especially me) to stay available and not make it seem like we’ve disappeared into the ether.

Translation: We have no idea what's gonna happen to SWTOR in 90 or more days, so we gonna only inform you about next couple month or so. This gives us time to come up with new small pieces of content to feed you and avoid any blame should the game will be killed.

We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more “traditional” expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches.

Translation: We dont have resources for full expack, so we gonna continue to give you only small pieces and pretend its what best for you.

Also. 2 months till final story update? Really? I see you really determined to stretch the content as far as you can. And dont let me start on the whole "NO MM for Gods, forget what we said earilier"...

This is bad. Really bad. I guess you really sent whoever you had to work on Anthem...

Edited by Gelious

Translation time! From PR ******** Keith is fluent in to normal English. Here we go:

Translation: We have no idea what's gonna happen to SWTOR in 90 or more days, so we gonna only inform you about next couple month or so. This gives us time to come up with new small pieces of content to feed you and avoid any blame should the game will be killed.

Translation: We dont have resources for full expack, so we gonna continue to give you only small pieces and pretend its what best for you.

Also. 2 months till final story update? Really? I see you really determined to stretch the content as far as you can. And dont let me start on the whole "NO MM for Gods, forget what we said earilier"...

This is bad. Really bad.

and people will still sit in the fire pretending its fine.

Thanks for the update.

Are the new augments in 5.9 going to be better than the yellow 236 ones? Feels like those just came out fairly recently so wondering if the 5.9 ones will be the same level or are actually going up again.

Im not so sure you will get new augs in 5.9. Read it carefully, it says "we've added" new augs. Clarification is needed.

My feedback is this - two main things

First - New augments again already? This is a little unexpected. Can we get some insight as to why we're getting these again so soon?

Second and more importantly - This roadmap is just for the next couple months. It's so short I almost don't even really care. Two months will go by in a blink. Is this all the filler content before something more substantial comes?

Companion Return: Mako and Akaavi - Bounty Hunters and Smugglers are reunited with this duo, who’ve been working together during the players’ absence.

Must we have to choose both, or can we choose just one of the two? I for instance love Akaavi but want to kill Mako. Will I be able to do this? PLEASE don't say they come as either both or neither. Mako must die.

Based on mining there was a concern that the Command Compendium was going to be a cartel market item. I'm glad it wasn't and will reactivate my auto-sub later tonight.

As far as the content, it seems like we should be getting more than we did last year; even adding everything up for 2017 it totals much less than 3.0 (which also had lead up flashpoints released in Summer and various system additions) or 4.0 or even 5.0. I chalked that up to merges requiring massive resources for whatever reason. But if new content releases are being scaled down that's ok so long as they aren't ending.

General questions I have for the future (not expecting an answer): will there ever be a level cap raise and/or a cxp cap change?

They basically said 2018 will be another 2017... 2017 was the worst year in swtor history for me.. The fact they are even proud of 2017 is worrisome. Deep down I was hoping for 6.0 to be this huge expansion that made 2017 disappear and brought new life and a new spark into swtor. I guess it is on me to be wishing and hoping for something like that. :( I feel a disturbance in the force today, and not the good kind. I'm sorry guys but as luke once said, "This is not going to go the way you think!".

Exactly."This is not going to go the way you think" fits just right with the current breadcrumb content plans.

and people will still sit in the fire pretending its fine.

They will be on fire, and they will smile and giggle about it, and tell other people to sit in the fire with them. :D As far as I'm concerned this roadmap is the tombstone placed above swtor's casket.

I'm glad the PvE community has a few things to look forward to but I'm disheartened that there is no mention of PvP. I'm not the only one underwhelmed by the Civil War reskin: adding maps doesn't address longstanding issues like

• class imbalance
  • lack of warzone matchmaking based on role
  • lack of cross-faction queues for solo ranked and
  • cheating, backfilling, etc., in solo ranked.

Keith and team, can you please comment?