Easy DIY Datacron Lanterns and Lampions

KariaVen

I love a lot of the items in the game and adding things like the Datacrons to my home decor. Since those shine inside, tea light lamps were an obvious choice.

If you also want such lanterns for a starwarsy light in the darker months, it's very easy:

• Print out the first 2 pages of the template below. 80g / m2 paper was a bit thin, so it would be better to print on thicker paper.
  • Cut out: It is important to first cut out the shining parts and then seperate the different Datacrons. The whole thing is more stable like this. A craft knife is useful for the straight cuts. The curves are easier with scissors.
  • Cut tracing paper in matching colours to 6 × 6 cm squares, because otherwise (like me) you can see where it ends. If the colours don't quite match, you can glue two on top of each other, e.g. orange and red for orange-red.
  • Glue the ends together.

After everything has been glued together, all you need is tea lights and the lanterns are ready to use. You can also close the top if you have an artificial tea light with an additional panel. This way the Datacrons look even more real. The tea light lamps are 6x6x6 cm in size.

The Datacrons also make sweet lampions. A template for LED fairy lights in 2 sizes can be found below.

A pastime when patching takes a little longer ... :jawa_wink:

• Thanks 2

• 1 year later...