Can't buy coins or add sub time

kodrac

Every time I try to buy coins for this May the 4th sale I get the maintenance page instead of the check out page. Even in game when I click add coins (yes, I have that enabled) it tells me error code 10 try again later. I bought 60 days sub time last week so it was working last week at least. I tested to see if it was just coins so I tried to add sub time and, again, got the maintenance page instead of the checkout page.

I wonder if Keith and Co even know so I'm giving them the 411 because I haven't seen any communication here or the Twitter. And, no, it's not a cookies/cache thing. i cleared that. I tried different browsers, tried my phone, tried in game all the same result. I even started getting the maintenance page instead of the forums late last night so there's some communications problem on their end. The server hamsters need to be fed.

• Dev Post

Hey Kodrac,

There was an EA wide maintenance which is currently causing a number of SWTOR accounts to be unable to purchase CC or sub time. If you are in this state you will need to reset your EA account password as highlighted here on AHQ. We are looking into a broader solution to correct anyone in this state but that is a workaround in the meantime. I will provide further updates as I have them. Thanks.

-eric

OK I did that. I'm not sure how that'll help since they're different accounts. And I still get the maintenance page after doing it. Is there something I need to do here with this account?

More importantly, welcome back Eric! I hope fatherhood and quarantining is serving you and your family well.

FYI, your singing of Bon Jovi is permanent. Your child will know this 18 years from now...

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Hi,

What about ref links? I'll try to use it in my wife's account which one used last time a year ago, and now a 3rd ppl's link said: Already exists.

What can we do?

Thx

Subscribe ?

could it be New SWTOR players who participate in Friends of SWTOR who remain Free-to-Play players are not eligible to participate again.

Subscribe ?

could it be New SWTOR players who participate in Friends of SWTOR who remain Free-to-Play players are not eligible to participate again.

Nope, that account is now a pref status acc, was subbed already in the past...

More importantly, welcome back Eric! I hope fatherhood and quarantining is serving you and your family well.

FYI, your singing of Bon Jovi is permanent. Your child will know this 18 years from now...

Dasty

No welcome back for me, Dasty? #iamdisappoint

Hey Kodrac,

There was an EA wide maintenance which is currently causing a number of SWTOR accounts to be unable to purchase CC or sub time. If you are in this state you will need to reset your EA account password as highlighted here on AHQ. We are looking into a broader solution to correct anyone in this state but that is a workaround in the meantime. I will provide further updates as I have them. Thanks.

-eric

Have same problem as original poster, but this didn't fix it for me.

Hey Kodrac,

-eric

This worked for me! ^^^

I am also having an issue buying anything from the store. Have reset password, changed payment method to PayPal (it won't accept my card anymore, though no reason is given and my bank had no issues with it), but I am still not getting anything to actually go through. The process goes all the way through to receipt, but there isn't anything there and no charges are going through. How long is this going to be allowed to persist? Edited by OpalFyre
typo

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Kodrac,

-eric

Is there any news of this being fixed? I just had to jump through 7 hoops of hell to ensure a sub and I'm still not sure it will be paid (note: I am UK based).

I logged in to find my account switched to preferred (I sub quarterly). I could not access the sub pages on my account despite following the so-called work around (to do with EA accounts) detailed

. Contrary to what is said in that workaround, I could not use my changed EA password to log into your SWTOR account because they are not linked. I tried clearing cache and relogging with my usual details but kept getting the "maintenance" message or the "EA billing services cannot be accessed at this time" messages. As this was Chrome I attempted to access my account on a different browser as per the suggestion (I used Firefox) and was successful, BUT I discovered that my sub was not paid because it seems recent UK rules meant that my card provider decided my recurring sub for SWTOR was spam and rejected it. In order to set a sub I had to delete all cards attached to my account, re-added one card and managed to get my sub request accepted, HOWEVER as the system runs on US time the sub payment won't be taken until the early hours UK time. Why aren't sub payments taken immediately? I won't know until tomorrow if the UK card security rules allow my sub to be paid. If this card issuer rejects my payment as it views SWTOR as spam, what then?