No other romance option for my straight male character

Nod_Ralph

So, I reported an issue with my character not having romance with Lana Beniko. Upon checking, customer service determined it is a bug. Now my male Sith Inquisitor character has no romance storyline with anyone because I ignored Ashara for Lana. I practically made him for Lana and though I picked all flirt options with Lana there is no initiated romance with Lana. I am already in chapter XIII. It is my main character ane I don't really like to create another character for the matter. If they aren't gonna solve the bug for maybe then maybe it would be good for them to at least make a new romance option in the new expansion, right? If they don't then I probably need to get a new hobby. Edited by Nod_Ralph
To make title easier to find

What did you pick in the cantina scene in Chapter IX of KotFE?

That is, when the game offered you this wheel, what did you pick?

1. I want to speak with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you.

((The specific wording depends on your class, but it's always the same, apart from the [Flirt] tag, on both options.))

If you picked 1 instead of 2, it's strictly speaking *your* fault, although the scene does seem to have been designed to confuse the players. (Option 2 leads to the actual flirt that locks in your romance with Lana, Koth or Theron, even if it seems like it would mean "I want to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".)

If you didn't have option 2 visible at all, you were the victim of a long-standing and barely acknowledged(1) bug that bites you if there is a patch somewhere between when your character begins KotFE Chapter III and when he/she reaches Chapter IX.

(1) I know that BioWare is aware of the bug because a Community Management team member sent me a private message about it, but that's about all the sign I've seen.

If you haven't completed Chapter XIII yet you're in luck. Lana is lost, but as a Sith Warrior you will be reunited with someone whom you might be able to start a romance. Not sure if it depends on what you did during your Class Story, but it's possible you will be given the (flirt) option.

What did you pick in the cantina scene in Chapter IX of KotFE?

That is, when the game offered you this wheel, what did you pick?

1. I want to speak with one of you.

2. [Flirt] I want to speak with one of you.

((The specific wording depends on your class, but it's always the same, apart from the [Flirt] tag, on both options.))

If you picked 1 instead of 2, it's strictly speaking *your* fault, although the scene does seem to have been designed to confuse the players. (Option 2 leads to the actual flirt that locks in your romance with Lana, Koth or Theron, even if it seems like it would mean "I want to speak with one of you right after I flirt with Theron".)

If you didn't have option 2 visible at all, you were the victim of a long-standing and barely acknowledged(1) bug that bites you if there is a patch somewhere between when your character begins KotFE Chapter III and when he/she reaches Chapter IX.

(1) I know that BioWare is aware of the bug because a Community Management team member sent me a private message about it, but that's about all the sign I've seen.

Ohhh, I didn't have option 2 available to me. It seems I am a victim of the rare bug. Will there be a posible solution to that now?

If you haven't completed Chapter XIII yet you're in luck. Lana is lost, but as a Sith Warrior you will be reunited with someone whom you might be able to start a romance. Not sure if it depends on what you did during your Class Story, but it's possible you will be given the (flirt) option.

Unfortunately the character is a Sith Inquisitor :(

Ohhh, I didn't have option 2 available to me. It seems I am a victim of the rare bug. Will there be a posible solution to that now?

Hard to say. They know about it, but since then I've seen no noise about it anywhere. There are occasional vague rumours of "second chance" mini-missions that might be released later, for your character to realise what he feels for Lana and tell her, but nothing concrete.

Hard to say. They know about it, but since then I've seen no noise about it anywhere. There are occasional vague rumours of "second chance" mini-missions that might be released later, for your character to realise what he feels for Lana and tell her, but nothing concrete.

I see. Thank you for informing me. Hopefully they fix the bug soon.

I see. Thank you for informing me. Hopefully they fix the bug soon.

If they don't fix it by the 7.0 update they never will.

To force the game to give you the Option 2 flirt you need to flirt with Theron when he arrives and tell him he got better looking. However, even with everything working perfectly if you didn't flirt with Koth or Lana earlier you automatically speak with Theron when you Option 2 flirt in the Cantina. You don't have to go through with it in the conversation. If the game undos your flirts with Lana because of the bug you'll at least know.

If they don't fix it by the 7.0 update they never will.

To force the game to give you the Option 2 flirt you need to flirt with Theron when he arrives and tell him he got better looking. However, even with everything working perfectly if you didn't flirt with Koth or Lana earlier you automatically speak with Theron when you Option 2 flirt in the Cantina. You don't have to go through with it in the conversation. If the game undos your flirts with Lana because of the bug you'll at least know.

All the reports about this back in the day implied that the patch doesn't make the game forget that you flirted with Lana/Koth, but it does forget to show option 2. Flirting with Theron reminds the game to show it.

I got frustrated at the matter and I just went to Cartel Market to buy Master's Datacron and Equipment with a new Sith Inquisitor.

After that I furiously tried to remember all my character decisions and rushed finished the original storyline in 3 days flirting with Ashara to have as backup in case the bug happens again. XD

There will be a chance later to decide if your character fancies the Morose Monster. No, I'm not kidding.

My character has romanced him one of my sorcs..I wanted to see the romance nothing has come of it yet, he is on a mission to see if his mistress of death will release him. Someone said he will suddenly change physically? or something kind of wondering what will actually happen. All in all the only reason I:rolleyes: did it is because she is a launch full light side character and khem never once lied to her. ;)

So, I reported an issue with my character not having romance with Lana Beniko. Upon checking, customer service determined it is a bug. Now my male Sith Inquisitor character has no romance storyline with anyone because I ignored Ashara for Lana. I practically made him for Lana and though I picked all flirt options with Lana there is no initiated romance with Lana. I am already in chapter XIII. It is my main character ane I don't really like to create another character for the matter. If they aren't gonna solve the bug for maybe then maybe it would be good for them to at least make a new romance option in the new expansion, right? If they don't then I probably need to get a new hobby.

I had the same problem with Theron Shan it never recorded my choice on my agent, wrote to them and they never fixed it. Now she is without a romance character so I am waiting for 7.0 maybe they will put someone in there for her to romance ( hopefully a GOOD male romance, not a damn traitor, hillbilly , V.D carrier type etc..but a normal partner who helps and holds his own :rolleyes:hey we can always hope right :D

Sometimes we have to headcanon a romance because the available options don't really "fit" with our character.

For instance, my (male) chiss agent (LS) is with Master Ramos because although technically he is with Temple, Temple made a choice he did not agree with during vanilla story, and she is also gung-ho pro-empire despite her abilities and what her choice was. Which is something my character can not forget.:eek: