[Spreadsheet] Companion Affection Gain via Companion Gifts

Aluki

Hi,

We're working on a spreadsheet calculating the approximate affection gain of each companion gift at different levels of affection. Right now most of our numbers are theoretical, and would like some help confirming some of the numbers.

We have all the theoretical numbers in grey and confirmed numbers in solid black. Some of the numbers are 1 to 2 pts off because of rounding issues, but we can't seem to figure rank 5 gifts out, it keeps giving us more than 2-10pts off the calculated value.

So If you can provide any form of data for us that would be wonderful!

Just post

Companion affection before the gift

companion name, Gift type, rank, rarity (example: Qyzen weapon-Favorite rank 2 green)

Affection gained

Here is the spreadsheet, hope someone can find this useful! :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApqMWEUUXHsadG51N1VVRHY2ckVLdzVtLUhlUXVtLXc

~Luki

Edited by Aluki

Try this:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/

It may be not as detailed as what you might want, but it will give you a good idea as to which type of gifts appeal to which companions and at what point their view of them will change (i.e. a companion may not like a Courting gift at first, but does when their affection gets to a certain point).

Edited by Tarka

I wanted to make note so that you could add it, for Vette you have it listed that she "Loves" Courting gifts. This may be true for Male characters however my Marauder is a Female avatar and Vette only "Likes" Courting items from her.

I noticed this only because currently Vette's affection towards my marauder is in the level 3 range and instead of gaining 96 affection from a green rank 3 CG I gained 24 affection which would make that fall under the "Likes" category for her instead of "Loves".

I'm not sure how much that really matters but I thought I would mention it so that if it's not to much trouble you could make note of that for Vette in her list of items. :)

I wanted to make note so that you could add it, for Vette you have it listed that she "Loves" Courting gifts. This may be true for Male characters however my Marauder is a Female avatar and Vette only "Likes" Courting items from her.

I noticed this only because currently Vette's affection towards my marauder is in the level 3 range and instead of gaining 96 affection from a green rank 3 CG I gained 24 affection which would make that fall under the "Likes" category for her instead of "Loves".

I'm not sure how much that really matters but I thought I would mention it so that if it's not to much trouble you could make note of that for Vette in her list of items. :)

updated, Thanks :)

Question based on your spreadsheet.

Elana Dorne, I don't believe I took the flirting option with her because I wanted the points with Jorgen at the time, so I don't believe she's bugged and I do get affection points from her during conversations. She's up to something like 1589 points right now.

But my question is this, when I gave her a blue level 2 courting item she said something like "Thank you ... but no" and I got nothing for it. Is that part of the bug?

I hope you know because I noticed that under Courting everyone's charts say "Indifferent/Love" for courting items, "but" when I tried she gave me nothing for it. Other items she gave something for, but I was expecting more for a blue item than "Go fly a kite" :D

Question based on your spreadsheet.

Elana Dorne, I don't believe I took the flirting option with her because I wanted the points with Jorgen at the time, so I don't believe she's bugged and I do get affection points from her during conversations. She's up to something like 1589 points right now.

But my question is this, when I gave her a blue level 2 courting item she said something like "Thank you ... but no" and I got nothing for it. Is that part of the bug?

I hope you know because I noticed that under Courting everyone's charts say "Indifferent/Love" for courting items, "but" when I tried she gave me nothing for it. Other items she gave something for, but I was expecting more for a blue item than "Go fly a kite" :D

Most companions have special requirements before they start to take your courting gifts, its likely that you have yet to unlock it. Its not confirmed yet but its very likely there is both a story line and affection level requirement. You also have to go thru enough conversation before they start taking it.

I pushed LT Iresso to 8k in one sitting at level 41 without going thru any of his conversations, but he would not take my courting gifts till i went thru some of his conversations.

I also pushed Aric jorgan to 6k on my 23 trooper, and went thru all the conversation available to me, but because i was too low level i was unable to finish one of his conversation/quest that requires me to go to a level 32 zone. So even tho i am at 6k affection he will not take my courting gifts.

So just keep working her, she'll take it eventually!

~Luki

Thanks for the info. :D

And last night I got the mission you were talking about from Jorgen once I finished the entire storyline on Nar Shardaa. It seemed to match up with the Bonus Mission area that I was suddenly now available for at the same time.

Of course trying to run that at level 28 by myself *might* just be suicide. :rolleyes:

Ok did some more gifting to companions Vette and Jaesa and found that.......

For Level 3 affection amount, a Green rank 4 gift that is Favorite does give 59 affection points. (confirmed this with Vette)

For Jaesa (Dark (Level 1 affection)) when gifting her Rank 4 Blue Luxury item she gained 135 affection which is in the Favorite column. So I would guess that Dark Jaesa only Favorites Luxury items and maybe Light Jaesa Loves them. (I can't confirm for light Jaesa I can just confirm for Dark).

I hope this helps you with the chart :D

Ok did some more gifting to companions Vette and Jaesa and found that.......

For Level 3 affection amount, a Green rank 4 gift that is Favorite does give 59 affection points. (confirmed this with Vette)

For Jaesa (Dark (Level 1 affection)) when gifting her Rank 4 Blue Luxury item she gained 135 affection which is in the Favorite column. So I would guess that Dark Jaesa only Favorites Luxury items and maybe Light Jaesa Loves them. (I can't confirm for light Jaesa I can just confirm for Dark).

I hope this helps you with the chart :D

updated, Thanks :)