Best and worst class stories?

Victros

Which do you guys think are the best and worst class stories? So far, the best I've played (not to completion) is Agent and the worst is Consular. Smuggler is kind of bland but the dialogue options are entertaining.

Personally, I liked the Jedi Consular story the best, but I know that I am in a minority here, because most found it to be boring. I liked how that story was directly tied to each individual planet storyline and you learned more about each planet compared the other classes, Knight included.

Each class story is quite competent in fulfilling their respective class archetype. There might be some aspects that are not on the same quality level, but as mentioned above, it's all personal taste:

Jedi Knight: Hero of the Day (Force)

Sith Warrior: Anti-Hero of the Day

Jedi Consular: Loreseeker and Diplomat

Sith Inquisitor: Climber of the Sith Hierarchy

Smuggler: Flirt and getting Rich

Imperial Agent: James Bond in Space

Trooper: Hero of the Day (Military)

Bounty Hunter: Kill and getting Rich

It's obvious that they created this game with the Jedi Knight (and the Sith Warrior story to a lesser extend) in mind. Especially when you follow the republic and imperial stories in the expansions.

Edited by Phazonfreak

The best class story is the one I like best. The worst class story is the one I like least. If I could especially remember any of them, I could make a guess as to which is which.

Overall, of course, everyone will have their own opinion.

This.

Best: Imperial Agent.

Worst: Trooper.

All The Best

However...Agent was my least by a long way. So much so this is the one class i use my instant boosted tokens on so I don't have to do it again.

My favorite story is the JK followed by IA. But I'm a huge good guy at heart. JC does a lot of talking to rocks, trooper has a good ch 1 then goes downhill (but has a truly gut wrenching decision, hardest in the game in my opinion). Smuggler is basically what you'd expect. Inquisitor is my favorite sith story, though theres something to be said for being a jerk to darth doughnuts (baras) repeatedly in the warrior story. And BH is the one that has the least for me, personally, though it's by no means bad.

If I had to pick a preference:

JK

IA

Inq

Warrior

JC

Trooper

Smuggle

BH

But this is super subjective and anyone claiming objectivity is probably full of crap.

Edited by KendraP

They're honestly all kind of mediocre compared to a single player BioWare RPG, but in comparison to each other, I'd have to say I liked the Sith Warrior story the most and probably the Trooper story the least (or maybe the Consular the least, I can't really remember them at this point).

It's impossible to give a proper answer because it's subjective.. We all like different things.

I will however say that in my case the most disliked story was the trooper. For me it was so bad that in half way through chap2 I started to skip the dialogues already.

Male smuggler was surprisingly fun and interesting.

Sith Warrior ? Male version is one of the best voice acting in the game, best lines .

Sith Inquisitor : I hated the fact that they tried to make the male speak too much like Palpatine. Instant turn off. The female story is very good and the actress is just phenomenal .

Bounty Hunter was one of the best stories for me.

IA: I still have trouble connecting with it, but overall very solid and complex writing.

JK: This was a huge yawn fest. Your typical cliche Star Wars story. I loved it on my first play through but as soon as I played the other stories it felt really boring.

Consular: Yes, many hate it, but it's the best version of the Jedi you'll get. It's slow to pick up, but gets better from Chap 2 onward. It's clear that this was intended for KOTOR 2 fans . ;)

So as you can see most stories are very good and they are by far the best part of this game. Nothing that was released after Vanilla launched comes even close to these class stories. KOTET-KOTFE expansions are the best story content after vanilla, but hey, that's just me... Most people hated that too and now they got their.. boring * rep vs imp * again. What can you do tho ? Some folk are too conservative .

I guess it's good that bioware had so many different types of stories at the start, since we are all so different about this. For me, I liked the bounty hunter story best, followed by the two sith stories. I guess I like the "get even" type stories. I liked the middle of the agent story, and the first part of the smuggler story. The knight and consular stories were kinda blah.

Best and worst class stories?

The best story is in my mind, whatever I want my story to be for my character, regardless of class.

Head canon is slightly different than roleplaying, which is an interaction with other players. Be a jedi turned evil in the Sith empire, and all you do is kill mobs wherever you find them, clawing out your destiny, one hapless computer operator at a time.

or whatever.

Edited by xordevoreaux

It's hard for me to say which story I like best tbh, most are really fun in their own ways to me, but I'd probably have to rank SI first, just solely because it's my first love in the game, the class I wanted to be since before launch and the first I played when I finally got a PC. So tbh my choice on that isn't even based on whether the SI story is "better" than others I like.

I don't dislike any of the class stories at all really, I avoided non-force stories for a significant time because I just thought they'd be somehow boring for some reason, but then KOTFE happened and after playing it I said to myself "Well, there's no way the non-force class stories can be worse than that, so lets go for it" and I'm glad I did. That being said the story I'd rank lowest (Which by no means is saying it's bad) would be the Trooper story.

Very impopular opinion, but the Agent story has the most plot holes, many of which are choice-induced. Plus the story seems to work for only one AC (Operative). Even so, it's not the worst, nor the best.

Inq seems to be a one-AC story (sorc) and Ch1 of consular also (Sage).

That said:

Best: Warrior (even though I dislike the class' gameplay, and Mara especially)

Worst: Bounty Hunter (it's only because I seemed to like how the class played that I could even finish the story)

They're honestly all kind of mediocre compared to a single player BioWare RPG

That's more to do with the constraints of MMOs that are not present in single-player games.

Very impopular opinion, but the Agent story has the most plot holes, many of which are choice-induced. Plus the story seems to work for only one AC (Operative). Even so, it's not the worst, nor the best.

Inq seems to be a one-AC story (sorc) and Ch1 of consular also (Sage).

That said:

Best: Warrior (even though I dislike the class' gameplay, and Mara especially)

Worst: Bounty Hunter (it's only because I seemed to like how the class played that I could even finish the story)

That's more to do with the constraints of MMOs that are not present in single-player games.

I don't see how a class story can't "work" for an advanced class? I have a Sith Assassin I rolled recently and the story felt perfectly coherent. I didn't feel like just because I use a doublesaber my character couldnt possibly learn the abilities they learned :rak_02:

While I enjoyed parts of all the class stories, my favorites in order are

Sith Warrior

Smuggler

Sith Inquisitor

Jedi knight

Bounty Hunter

Agent

Jedi Consular

Trooper.

I especially enjoy the responses you get when playing light side versions of the Sith classes, and the male smuggler has some of the funniest lines in the game.

• 5 months later...

Best and worst is always subjective, and one note I only played male characters, but for me it went like this:

1. Jedi Knight - This story is the quintessential star wars story. Its exactly what you want if you want to be the force wielding hero. No real surprises but so very satisfying.

2. Imperial Agent - Probably the best overall story in the game for numerous reasons, but it doesn't feel like a star wars story. Its more space James Bond. Its the only story that changes significantly with your choices and it has I think 3 different endings.

Those 2 are the best 2 without a doubt in my mind. Neither should be skipped.

3. Sith Inquisitor - Loved this as well though some are disappointed by it and I can understand why. Its basically space Indiana Jones with lots of lore involving Sith history. There are 2 downsides to it, 1 I think the Inquisitor has the worst companions of any story which can hurt it. Also your character makes a lot of mistakes and seems a fool at times.

4. Jedi Consular - Most have this as the worst. Its a slow build for sure. But its a true jedi story. Or what the jedi are supposed to be story. Its not fast paced or all about a war/fight. Its about peace. But much like the inquisitor story you find out a lot about jedi history, lore, and teachings.

5. Sith Warrior - If you want to be Darth Vader here is your chance. Its solid and I've played it twice. Its not so fun trying to be light side but if you want to be evil its hands down the best character to be evil on. Its also got possibly the best set of companions of any class. My favorite companion overall is Kira but the Sith Warrior Vette and Jaesa depending on alignment get very close to rivaling her.

From this point on for me any of them can be swapped as they're all decent but hardly great or good.

6. Bounty Hunter - I enjoyed it a lot but its definitely a case of where the first act of the story is probably the best. It gets slower and more meandering as you go on. Of course after watching the Mandalorian it gives extra weight and enjoyment to this. Mako is awesome as well and probably has the best companion subplot story in this game in my opinion. It also has the worst companion *********** Skadge. I really wish Bioware let us kill companions permanently sooner than KOTFE because you will want to flush this guy out an airlock 5 seconds after meeting him. At least you get Blizz the awesome Jawa.

7. Smuggler - Never great never bad but always entertaining. This is probably the smallest scale story in this game. The Galaxy or even a planbet never seems to be on the line with the smuggler. Just small time stuff but the smuggler without a doubt 100% has the best lines in the game. You can **** with anyone in conversation it seems, being as ******** as you like. I found its best not to go full light or dark side and just pick the ******** answer it and it led to lots of laughs.

8. Trooper - I'd say the worst overall story because its the most disappointing. Its first act is one of the best if not the best. Man does it have some intrigue going on and its exciting. Then after the 1st act it drops off the cliff and you just meander through the rest of the game. Its a shame really.

Thats about it. I hope for a day when they come back to class stories but I also know they never will sadly. Its a fun ride to go through them all.

My personal ranking from worst to best:

#8 - Trooper. The only one I actually just flat-out disliked. Starts with massive potential, acts on basically none of it. Wayyyyyy to overloaded with "this-or-that" scenarios. Only upside is that most of the companions were pretty likeable.

#7 - Knight. Too much tell, not enough show. You're the greatest just kinda because you are. Orgus is your "master" even though you never bother learning from him and Kira's your "Padawan" even though you never really treat her as your apprentice. Basically, it's lots of lip service, no action to back it up. On the plus side, when it gets ******, it gets ****** (assuming you stick to the Light...the Dark Side doesn't get the superhero moments on account of, y'know, not being a superhero).

#6 - Hunter. Probably the best balance they could've struck between "self employed" and "needs a story to guide it". It wasn't bad, and it had some cool moments, with some delightfully slimy villains to take down, but probably would've drawn more benefit from not having to be tied to the Empire.

#5 - Smuggler. Again, not a bad story by any means. It's hilarious, and has some cool moments, and I will never not feel that it isn't actually the best freaking class for KotFE (possibly on account of it being my main). But it doesn't have a whole lot of super stand-out moments, either.

#4 - Agent. It's a dense story with a lot of cool stuff to decompress. Unfortunately, it can also feel a bit...slow, at times, and the Companion cast is extremely weak. Lots of cool twists and turns once you start peeling back all the layers, though, and it's interesting that the wide variety of dialogue choices allow you to get out what you put in, so to speak. I'll also note that it's worthy of moving up a couple ranks if saved for the last class story you do, just because it potentially shows how a lot of the other ones interact behind the scenes.

#3 - Warrior. Just one bad mofo moment after the other. The whole thing is tied together into a tight package, and the story never really stumbles. It's not all that...deep, however it's still an absolute triumph of style over substance, so to speak. Sort of like the Agent, though, it can be somewhat variable, and if you play heavily toward the Light Side, it would move down a couple ranks. A few Light choices are too good to pass up, but a Warrior that's majorly Light-aligned is too contradictory to some of the story elements and feels too railroaded.

#2 - Consular. Kinda the opposite of the Knight, this one's much more show over tell. You have to put a lot more work into it, but the result is that the victories tend to feel more earned. The cast is compelling, and it's a slow boil to a pretty neat finale. The caveat for me is that, like the Warrior (or kind of opposite of the Warrior), it's very alignment specific, and if you play a Dark Side Consular, I'd put this story much lower on the list.

#1 - Inquisitor. A cool story from start to finish, with a great cast, lots of approaches to how you play, and probably the most "initiative" of any class story (it's pretty much the only one where you don't have someone calling and telling you what to do before every planet...though it does start that way, at least). It does tread water a bit in the transition from chapter 2 to chapter 3, but the finale is worth it.