Best and worst class stories?

Victros

My fav is the INQ, it's the one I've done the most, and was also my first char. And is still my main.

I don't really have a worst, as most of them have low points, but Jedi Consular was the hardest to do at the beginning, but after a few false starts, I created a new char, with a decent 'head cannon' and ran through the story, and mostly enjoyed it. :)

But as people have pointed out, everyone is different :)

Of the ones I have done ...

1) Agent -- still "feel" the effects of her main story to this day -- or rather my character does

2) JK -- a true Jedi story, loved it

3) JC -- have gotten her to level 50 and love it -- didn't expect to, but I do

4) Smuggler -- JC story knocked it down

5) BH -- liked it, but so much wasted potential in my opinion

To me, the worst class story is the Imperial Agent Story. I have been playing off and on since launch and am just now forcing myself to finish his story. That is only to FINALLY get the Legendary player thing.

The mind control thing kind of killed his story for me.

My personal favorite storyline is the Jedi Knight.

Especially since it ties in really well with the stories after Makeb. The Jedi who killed the Sith Emperor on DK continues to be the champion in the galaxies fight to finally destroy him.

The Sith Warrior is my next favorite, I just wish we had more options for choices in later chapters as far as LS/DS choices. It is either goody-goody LS option or super evil DS. You can't do the "right" thing for the wrong reasons or the "bad" thing for good reason.

Like if I want to oppose Valkorian, my former Emperor, the options are LS points.

To me, the worst class story is the Imperial Agent Story. I have been playing off and on since launch and am just now forcing myself to finish his story. That is only to FINALLY get the Legendary player thing.

The mind control thing kind of killed his story for me.

LOL Ive been playing since pre launch and never completed a Light side story yet LMAO

My personal favorite storyline is the Jedi Knight.

Especially since it ties in really well with the stories after Makeb. The Jedi who killed the Sith Emperor on DK continues to be the champion in the galaxies fight to finally destroy him.

As I said no light side finish

The Sith Warrior is my next favorite, I just wish we had more options for choices in later chapters as far as LS/DS choices. It is either goody-goody LS option or super evil DS. You can't do the "right" thing for the wrong reasons or the "bad" thing for good reason.

Like if I want to oppose Valkorian, my former Emperor, the options are LS points.

The warrior story is ok but much prefer the Inquisitor have about 8 of those on each NA server

The best class story is the one I like best. The worst class story is the one I like least. If I could especially remember any of them, I could make a guess as to which is which.

Overall, of course, everyone will have their own opinion.

Have to side with JediQuaker on this; 'best' and 'worst' are subjective, sometimes it even changes for me according to my own moods.

• 11 months later...

I've re-completed the inquistor and Warrior stories on Empire side.

On the JK story. Here's my summation so far:

Diary

Day 1 - Dear Maw: Just arrived on Tython as a Padawan. Two months ago, I didn't even know what a Padawan was, now I am one. Had to rescue some feller Padawan's who apparently can't fight worth a durn, but they're out there running around on this hostile planet unsupervised.

I thought it strange the second I hit the planet i'm instantly the best light sword fighter on the planet.

Day 2 - Dear Maw: Met my guide (Think I'm supposed to call him 'Master'), seems like a nice feller. After a few words of wisdom he sent me up to see some "Tweelicks" girls sure were purty, even if the people in charge acted like the back end of a horse.

Saved their village from some 'flesh eaters something or another'. These boys could fight better than my fellow Padawans. Turns out the Flesheaters work for a renegade Jedi, who works for a 'Sith Lord"

I asked about some Jedi help but was told they're all busy. Which is odd because all i see them doing is standing around glowing yeller.

When I was finished killing that there renegade jedi, I asked Master Shan shouldn't we go after that Sith feller? She said we must be 'cautious'

Master Shan reminds me of Uncle Leroy who got kicked in the head by a cow. Wuldn't ever right after that.

PS Today I became a bonafide Jedi. You would be so proud.

Day 3 - Dear Maw: Arrived early in the mornin' on a planet called Cruscant. By dinner time I had saved another planet.

As a present they gave ME my own Padawan. She's a purty girl, but i figure i'll take it slow. They also gave me my own spaceship. luckily the robot can fly the thing.

Oh apparently I've got to go save a-NuthER planet. I told paw, I don't see how them Sith boys aint whupped these Jedi fellows to tarnation and back.

Write more 'tomorrw,

Love

Cletus

First of all I am happy that people are still inclining to the original class stories. I myself am replaying them right now since the game didnt offer any more stories of that level of quality. Second, as many of you stated its all highly subjective since as we say in my country "100 people, 100 opinions". Nevertheless what I would like to add is the pros and cons of some of the stories, which would explain why people could view them as they do.

Jedi Knight is generaly viewed very positive since its the main story of Star Wars where the lonely jedi knight rises to prominence with his surprising wisdom and mastering of the force, which he uses to defeat the emperor of the sith. The story is well voiced, managed and quite fluent.

Jedi Consular lives us to its "Consular" name. This story is hated by many due to being dull, slow and in the end you its more about building up and alliance than you yourself defeating the enemy. The light and dark choices are either too light or too dark and mostly do not really go with the story. However, the main aspect of the story where you heal the other Jedi is a good one I must say. Again you are a lonely jedi with a unique talent on your way through the galaxy. The second part is with that alliance, which I was also not really found of, but hey, consular should be diplomatic, no?

Trooper is also one of the least liked stories. The reason could be the POV of a soldier. The chat options either provide you with a choice of "yes sir" or just irritating remarks, which is really not much to chose from and still you get to do whats asked of you anyway. Also, compared to the other stories, here you are just after a rouge group of other troopers, which really is not the kind of level of Star Wars I would say. Yet some parts are great, like companions are pretty fitting with their conversations.

Smuggler is as its supposed to be. I think here people expect a Han Solo story and also got it. Not sure if there are people who do not like this one, it may not be top for most people but its definitely hard to hate. Funny conversations, intriguing plot it has all that it was supposed to have. This is one of the stories that dont really "shake the galaxy" but they are meant to be fun on their own as part of the SW universe.

Sith warrior also lives up to its name. It should have been the opposite of JK, but not in terms of destroying the republic, but making his name in the empire. It has what people expected of it, killing enemies in conversations like Darth Vader, mocking the opponents etc. The story was also well managed with you working yourself up and then taking over. It was good to then depart from the path in the end, so that the stories are not the same with the inquisitor. Making the warrior a "hand of the emperor" was a very good move as letting him on the councel etc would have been really same to inquisitor. So here you have the dark options, but also you get to pick the light choices, which are well managed and add greatly to the story and even the unique influence on you companion, JV.

Inquisitor is similar to Consular, yet it has its unique glow. Here the people came for the lightning! They expected a powerful sith lord and also got it. Like the warrior you get to rise from acolyte to the very top. Similar to the Consular you have a unique ability to work with force ghosts, which is a great plot in Star Wars. There are good choices to make and the plot is interesting and fun. Similary to Knight, Warrior, Consular you get to shape the galaxy and in the end you get to partially lead the empire in its fight.

Bounty Hunter is a combination of Trooper and Smuggler. Its again a story that takes place away from forming the universe, but you really get to fill the role of a Bounty hunter. You get targets to kill and experience the fight betweenthe empire and republic. The conversations are interesting and fun and really fill the role of a BH. The plot could have been a bit more, since it sometimes becomes dull just coming and killing, yet in the end, thats what bounty hunting is about. Its still well managed as you do get the feeling of Bounty Hunter yourself.

Last but not least the Agent. The reason people praise this story is its complexity. There are quite a few things that influence the story a lot. Its really a secret agent like james bond with action, women and evil villains. This is one of the stories, which make you wanna play it again and make different choices. What one could view negatively is the plot of that one sith trying to take over. Its hard to imagine how that would really turn out and the agents story could go even without that, but I guess its a good addition anyway.

So overall, hard to say, there are things to like about the stories and things to hate. In general the stories do live up to their expectations, but some didnt quite manage a good interpretation.

On the JK story. Here's my summation so far:

As I said, it really depends on the point of view. The story needs to be like since there is just too little time. If you would want it to be serius you would have been a padawan till the end of chapter 3. Becoming a Jedi would habe been at the end of the story, but how would it be if you would have master through the whole story? These are the compromises Bioware had to make in order for the story to be consistent.