Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hype is gone, is there anything to wait for?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hype is gone, is there anything to wait for?

TrixxieTriss
01.28.2022 , 03:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
With the level of hate in the forums lately I'm not surprised Chris has turned to discord for feedback on balance. And I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves that too if more people from the forum join that discord just to send him "do this or unsub" messages.
Lmao, he’s been on discord for years. And don’t try using the recent forums as an excuse for his non posting here, he’s been absent here for most of his tenure.

TrixxieTriss
01.28.2022 , 03:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post

if I am such an epic fail at my work, my boss would just simply fire me lmao
Isn’t that the truth.

Gibonski
01.28.2022 , 03:52 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalnarius View Post
Honestly I was not as impressed with 6.0 as a lot of people Dxun was fun, was cool to see onderon but it completely unincentivized doing anything beyond getting to 306 and set geared out once you hit that there was literally no incentives to do anything in Swtor other than to play alts. Raids were completely unincentivized, maybe just getting achievements but there was not much incentives for doing those unlike past expansions. Gearing actually was suppose to increase beyond 306 in waves originally with Onslaught but the virus prevented them from fully working in office to do much with Onslaught. It may have given the players that did nothing but just play story and do a bunch of alts got them geared up with everybody else but that actually is kind of a fail when it comes to players actually wanting to do content and rewarded for doing harder content. The play as you like was pretty lazy overall when it came to the gear system there were people fully geared in Onslaught in the first 2-3 days of the expansion. I know a lot of players that said the same thing.
True, true and one more time true!

Operations gave nothing in form of incentive except for achievements but that was not enough as we were being used to the old system already. Honestly the only system that makes sense. Bosses need to drop gear/ tokens that are adequate to the level of a challenge. It was bad and it needed to be addressed. The sad part is, we will have to wait another 2/3 months to get that though, as raid is not the part of 7.0 release.

Shame

Coming back to the discussion, the whole Bioware is not at fault and ea to blame. I don't want to throw blame at any particular body. Let them share the responsibility to get us a product we deserve. They are equally at fault or to be praised for their actions.

As it stands right now, 28.01.2022, we have 1/4 th of the expansion being dropped at launch. But it is still called major expansion. I beg to differ though. Nothing screams major really. Class revamp is just another patch they could have done, same with gear changes. And the amount of story is abysmal, even compared to what we were getting past 6.0. Unless they have some hidden gem or ace up their sleeve, there is nothing that could save this xpac from being called an absolute failure.

I had such high hopes, that something would change. That once in the game lifespan we will be treated differently. Just a bit of decency really. I was working in a prison for 3 years and decency is the big part in there. Being human to the other person. Even though someone is A con you try to approach them with decency. More often than not you get it back. Obviously there are coonts ny nature and cant be changed but every place has them. That's how you build relations. I don't get that feeling here. I am far from being touchy - feely type, but what I hate the most is going back on your own word and not delivering on promises.

That is basically what we've gotten. False promises and backing away from changes, content being pushed away for further patches. People in other games would absolutely destroy the developers and publishers of their games for such behaviour. Imagine WoW did not get raid in time, or not getting any new zone for expansion.

How can we not getting anything exciting? And I know lots of people play for the story, but the amount we are shown is not en pair with the name: Expansion.

Alas I will play this game because of the friends I have in the guild and nvause i enjoy spending time with them raiding in star wars universe. Hope is the mother of fools and dies last as they say, but what is there left for us than to hope for better days in a galaxy far far away.

HectorCasan
01.28.2022 , 04:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
With the level of hate in the forums lately I'm not surprised Chris has turned to discord for feedback on balance. And I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves that too if more people from the forum join that discord just to send him "do this or unsub" messages.

Can you share that discord channel ?, i havent found that Developer's discord.

Would love to get some feedback accross

Pricia
01.28.2022 , 05:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalnarius View Post

Honestly I was not as impressed with 6.0 as a lot of people Dxun was fun, was cool to see onderon but it completely unincentivized doing anything beyond getting to 306 and set geared out once you hit that there was literally no incentives to do anything in Swtor other than to play alts. Raids were completely unincentivized, maybe just getting achievements but there was not much incentives for doing those unlike past expansions. Gearing actually was suppose to increase beyond 306 in waves originally with Onslaught but the virus prevented them from fully working in office to do much with Onslaught. It may have given the players that did nothing but just play story and do a bunch of alts got them geared up with everybody else but that actually is kind of a fail when it comes to players actually wanting to do content and rewarded for doing harder content. The play as you like was pretty lazy overall when it came to the gear system there were people fully geared in Onslaught in the first 2-3 days of the expansion. I know a lot of players that said the same thing.
From someone who came back to the game after 6.0, I think you're absolutely right though. 6.0 for me has been finishing the story with one character and starting over with another one. Until I got bored of it, after seeing everything in the story I wanted to see, and just logged on for Conquest. I never really had to bother about gearing that much, a bit of grinding here and there when I was getting impatient, but it mostly happened while playing the game (apart from that Apex Predator set I never got to finish - I'll never understand why they gated specific sets behind raids). I actually really liked Galactic Season as a change of pace, but that season 2 didn't follow right away was a disappointment for me. The last few months have been very boring.

I'm just not sure that the changes in 7.0 are really going to change that. The classes will play differently, and might not be as much fun, gearing will be slower because of the caps, and in the end it's really a small portion of the player base that will see max gear from raids - which means that for all the other players, the gear grind will stop sooner. So for the majority of the players, it's not really going to change much in the end. Galactic Season should help with that, but even then... unless season 3 comes soon after and they really hold up to their promises of frequent updates in 2022, they're not doing their non-raiders playerbase much of a favor.

AxelStorm
01.28.2022 , 06:49 AM | #26
i swear every forum is just a haven to ****** a moan.
Axxel - Commando of Grand Master Zym

DarkMatterSlifus
01.28.2022 , 07:05 AM | #27
Except for multiple combat styles I DON'T like anything that is being revealed about 7.0