Prum's Solo Open 4

septru

Prum's Solo Open 4

We’re back

For those of you who don't know me I'm Prum. I have played this game on and off since 2.0. I fell in love with operative, in particular concealment, four years ago when I started playing it in solo and group ranked. I now mostly only play ranked PvP on all the main servers where I have a top 3 operative title in season 9, along with a multitude of gold rated characters in other seasons. I've been dueling since 3.0, participating, hosting, and winning a variety of tournaments along the way. I love creating community events where players can showcase their skills and experience while competing at an elite level.

Now to the real stuff…. What to expect in PSO4:

This is the first 2v2 tournament. So grab a partner and get in there!

Double Elimination: First of all, we want to make this as fair and even for everyone so that you can display the best of your skill. In order to do that, the tournament will be Double Elimination. Double elimination is a special elimination process where it takes 2 losses to be out of the tournament, but you will not be fighting the same person each time. For more details you can join the discord https://discord.gg/fAbq9QH or view the explanatory signups and brackets sheet for yourself https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/115_DC_5LQY6sfcYH5J1H3FD_2XTJxg0aDwNBCZzHrQc/edit?usp=sharing.

Rules: The rules have been carefully constructed to keep the tournament as fair as possible while also allowing for diversity of classes, specs, and strategy. Rules are as follows:

• No class stacking. (2 of the same class)
  • Operatives, Mercs, and/or Sorcerer can not be on the same team.
  • No healers or tanks. Off healing is allowed. Offguarding is not allowed, however taunting is.
  • Operatives and sins can not be on the same team.
  • Operatives get 1 combat stealth per fight.
  • Operatives must start the fight out of stealth.
  • Saphealing (out of combat regen while the enemy is mezzed) is not allowed for either stealth classes.
  • No combat rez. Once you die, you die.
  • Gear and tactical swapping during fights is prohibited.
  • No lifewarden.
  • Medpack and adrenal are allowed. Grenades are not.

Join the discord for more information and updates about rules. https://discord.gg/fAbq9QH

Rewards:

The prize pool currently is over 1 BILLION CREDITS. 10000 CARTEL COINS. MULTIPLE 30 DAY SUBSCRIPTION CODES!

As always, credits will also be given out to winners. If anyone can help donate credits, thank you so much! Everything helps because all credits come outa pocket, and everything goes to the winners. You can DM me personally for donations. Special thanks, recognition, and privileges are given to doners. Thank you so much.

Signups and Brackets:

1 bracket.

10 teams.

A total of 20 players.

First come first serve.

We will have a waitlist.

Players can sign up by reaching me through email, discord DM, ingame whisper, twitch DM, PM, or any other form of communication. (I check discord DM the most frequently). Please sign up with your character names, classes, roles, and team name. Team names should be in good taste. We reserve the right to deny any team names.

ALL TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO SHOW UP 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS.

ALL TEAMS MUST PAY THE 1M ENTRANCE FEE BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS TO HOLD THEIR PLACE ON THE SIGNUPS.

Any team that wishes to participate but does not get a spot will be put on the waitlist. For more information you can join the discord https://discord.gg/fAbq9QH or view the explanatory signups and brackets sheet for yourself, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/115_DC_5LQY6sfcYH5J1H3FD_2XTJxg0aDwNBCZzHrQc/edit?usp=sharing.

Out of respect for the work put in to hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the stream without express consent from tournament hosts. Doing so will result in a stronghold kick.

The tournament will be streamed and commented by Kogass and Aastinac @ https://www.twitch.tv/kogass_ with CC, item, and credit giveaways. Even if you aren't competing, come tune in!

Thank you so much! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by septru

Strange rules. You allow some out-of-combat exploits (sapheal) but not others.

Assassins are the only class who can't use their best tactical. What if they only stealth for a GCD just to gain recklessness, does that count?

I thought adrenals couldn't be used in PvP instances, strange they're allowed here, what's the point?

Strange rules. You allow some out-of-combat exploits (sapheal) but not others.

You're right. I will change it. Good catch.

I first created the rules in regards to sap heals in 5.0 when sin/oper was allowed. This was mostly due to the fact that sin/oper duo was not incredibly strong. A double stealth out was incredibly difficult and would require immense coordination so I allowed the sap heal. Now that in 6.0 it is banned, I should ban the sap healing as it can be exploited in a possible 1v1 scenario.

Assassins are the only class who can't use their best tactical. What if they only stealth for a GCD just to gain recklessness, does that count?

Oh I see what you mean. "Both stealth classes only get 1 stealth out per fight." That was a mistake: a 5.0 era rule that was mostly designed to limit operatives in a 1v1 scenario where the duel would go forever. I have revised it. "Operatives only get 1 combat stealth per fight." Good catch.

I thought adrenals couldn't be used in PvP instances, strange they're allowed here, what's the point?

Unfortunately, since this tournament will be held in the Rishi Stronghold's PvP Arena, warzone medpacks and adrenals do work. Since there is theoretically no way for us to check if you used a warzone medpack and there are a lot of ways to circumvent a ban on medpacks and adrenals, we thought it better to simply allow medpacks and adrenals.

Again, a lot of these rules are a work in progress. If you see something that is not fair, please bring it up! Having this discussion will only bring us to a more fined tournament.

Edited by septru

@everyone The tournament time is being changed to 2:30pm PST, 5:30pm EST, 10:30pm GMT.

Additionally there are some new rules:

-Operatives must start out of stealth at the beginning of the fight.

-No offguarding. Off taunts are still allowed.

Host notes: We were concerned with the domination of operatives and assassins in the tournament. For these reasons we are slightly nerfing assassins and operatives abilities to control and aid others.

• 2 weeks later...