better xp

Shadowgamer_

]since got this new double xp since may the 4th the xp has been to slow or is just me

it's just you. base xp w/o any bosters is insanely fast in this game. I honestly don't know why they bother with leveling at all. just start players out at max level.

example: I went from 70-75 by completing 2 Warzones, the Onderon chapter (2-3 turn-ins?) and 1 turn-in on Mek-sha, which consisted literally of just talking to NPCs. I have tons of XP boosts in my cargo hold that I didn't bother using. And this was before any double-XP event. so no. XP is definitely not slow. it's actually a joke in this game. like a "speed hump" that's only half the size of a standard speed hump (a "speed hump" is a less obtrusive version of a "speed bump" on american roads designed to slow traffic should anyone not know what I"m referring to).

XP > Levels gets insanely fast once your around 60/65. It's another of those choices of here is 5 more levels...but we don't want you spending time leveling, we want you farming new gear....

There really isn't even many new powers to look forward to...other than passives for the most part.

Unless you count the movement powers added for PVP.

example: I went from 70-75 by completing 2 Warzones, the Onderon chapter (2-3 turn-ins?) and 1 turn-in on Mek-sha, which consisted literally of just talking to NPCs.

This analysis is inapplicable because it's based on a special case. It is more or less guaranteed that a character that starts Onslaught (Onderon, Mek-Sha, and SoloStory Objective Meridian) at exactly the beginning of level 70 will reach exactly the beginning of level 75 no later than after taking the fourth step inside Objective Meridian, based on running solely Onderon and Mek-Sha story missions.

Try gaining five levels that quickly if you start KotFE at the beginning of level 65. You won't succeed, because those missions give measly XP to levels 65, 66, 67, 68 and 69, significantly less than if the character is levels 60-64.

This analysis is inapplicable because it's based on a special case. It is more or less guaranteed that a character that starts Onslaught (Onderon, Mek-Sha, and SoloStory Objective Meridian) at exactly the beginning of level 70 will reach exactly the beginning of level 75 no later than after taking the fourth step inside Objective Meridian, based on running solely Onderon and Mek-Sha story missions.

Try gaining five levels that quickly if you start KotFE at the beginning of level 65. You won't succeed, because those missions give measly XP to levels 65, 66, 67, 68 and 69, significantly less than if the character is levels 60-64.

The XP amounts for missions above 60 are indeed whacked.

At 60, a KotFE chapter mission gives enough for a level with full XP buffs (maybe a bit more) until one hits 66, then they give less XP than a heroic.

At 65, a KotET chapter mission gives enough for a level with full XP buffs (maybe a bit more) until one hits 70, then they give less XP than a heroic. The XP from missions for Iokath and other side stuff also suck.

At 70, Ossus missions take as long as Onderon missions, yet an Ossus mission will move the XP bar a small bit while an Onderon mission will again progress an entire level with full XP buffs (and yet no way to skip Ossus and only do Onderon).

ALL of the missions from 60 onwards should award similar XP based on the type of mission (e.g. story / chapter versus side / daily mission) regardless of player level given the areas are all level synced.

Edited by DawnAskham

To slow??

OK, if you say so..

Is it me, or does this same topic come up every time we get a double XP event.

It does, because people don't realise the difference between "double XP" and "+100% XP". Sounds like the same thing, right?

Wrong.

Double XP would mean exactly that, that all XP rewards are *doubled*. +100% XP, which is what we get, merely adds 100 percentage points to the total bonus. Even with just the +25% bonus for being a subscriber, the *effective* bonus is only +80% (i.e. +125% gives a total that is 80% more compared to just having +25%), and as you add in other bonuses (Guild +%XP, bonuses from per-character legacy perks, active boosters, etc.), the effective "added on" bonus of that +100% is reduced still further.

Further to my post above, if you want some concrete numbers, here's an analysis I posted a year ago:

Beware: it's *not* double XP. It's +100% XP, which *sounds* like the same thing but *isn't*.

Why not? Well, because the various +%XP bonuses *add*. Here's a concrete example:

Base figure = 1000XP for a non-subscriber.

Let's look at what happens for a subscriber with only the event bonus.

* Bonus for being a subscriber: +25%

* Bonus for "double" XP time: +100%

* Total bonus: +125%

* Resulting XP = 2250

* Result if it was double XP: 2000+25% = 2500.

And if the player *also* has a +100% booster running:

* Bonus for being a subscriber: +25%

* Bonus for booster: +100%

* Bonus for "double" XP time: +100%

* Total bonus: +225%

* Resulting XP: 3250

* Result if it was double XP: 2000+125% = 4500