Same Old Issues and Lack of Understanding Your Players

GaenMerrik

I had been around from the beginning during the beta tests and for a few years afterwards I played this game daily, but I cancelled my subscription because the changes being made to the game just weren't appealing to me and seemed to really dumb down aspects of the game while placing too much emphasis on microtransactions (the scourge of gaming today). Every year since I have popped back in for a month subscription renewal and I have to say, what I have seen each time left me more unimpressed and disappointed.

Well, I've popped back in once again and I can firmly say that this company hasn't learned a single lesson in the last decade, in fact they've gotten worse. I like to play Sniper/Gunslinger, but to my dismay the cover bar was removed. Now, it's not just the fact the bar was removed that irks me. It's the fact that there are numerous forum posts on the issue from players who were caught by surprise. Bioware has not replied once to any of these posts dating back to February 2022.

Seriously? You remove something from a game that people use all the time and not even a patch note on it? No response to forums or even a quick note left behind to explain anything. Your silence is deafening and just being greeted by that red flag upon my (now ultra-brief) return tells me all I need to know.

I will not be subscribing any further in the future and will not be following the game anymore. I have to say Bioware, whoever is in charge of connecting to your players must only be hampered by your complete lack of understanding about your own game and how your customers use it. Just bizarre. Anyways, good luck with that. I'm out.

Edited by GaenMerrik

The cover bar was removed because a majority of players always disabled it anyways - it would be nice to have in the game as a toggle feature - but at the end of the day why keep developing it if most people dont use it? Just because you see a handful of posts on the forums doesnt mean that reflects the majority of what the player base is doing - classic vocal minority fallacy.

The cover bar was removed because a majority of players always disabled it anyways - it would be nice to have in the game as a toggle feature - but at the end of the day why keep developing it if most people dont use it? Just because you see a handful of posts on the forums doesnt mean that reflects the majority of what the player base is doing - classic vocal minority fallacy.

I mean, they weren't exactly speaking for anyone else when they expressed their disappointment. I find it non-existent on my list of issues the game has/had, but it seems to be the final straw for them. Mentioning other people who complained about it was only meant to point out the lack of communication pre-change and post-change. No reason to be so dismissive of this, you do have a source for a "majority of players always disabled it anyways"? I'm asking that in earnest, since I legit never noticed this option vanishing or BW mentioning why :D

Edited by DarthCasus

So to clarify, it's not that the cover bar being removed breaks the game or anything. It's the fact that I came back to find this change to the game and not one mention from Bioware on the subject (that I could find). At first I thought I was forgetting something or overlooking an option. After searching around, I saw forum posts dating back to earlier this year from confused players and not a single reply from the game maker. That's a very huge red flag for me.

I would pop back on here occasionally because I was hoping to see something I would like, but it hasn't happened yet and nothing I've seen has given me any confidence it ever will. This isn't some rage thread or anything of that nature. I just felt it was important to point out how that is a very simple issue which Bioware seems to just ignore, rather than address. A simple "We removed it because a, b, and c" patch note would suffice or at least answering their players who posted in the forums about it would be the minimal acceptable level of customer service in my opinion. Instead, we have other players who reply to threads with their own opinions of why it was removed. That's just silly and like I said, a huge red flag for how other things must be running int he game.