Still waiting for 10th anniversary

GuigeekRhadamant

When will it begin ?

- 7.0 gave us less than 6.0 since the new op was released in 7.1 and we had no new planet (only a daily zone but in 7.1)

- story mode not longer than 6.0 (far from it)

- only one galactic season (like last year)

- the christmas vendor that stays all year long while it is anyway already available 3 weeks per year and has almost no new items (the new paintings don't count since they were part of a contest which had nothing to do with the anniversary)

- no new crafting threshold (as we had for every major release a.k.a "X.0")

- 1 minipet for May 4th (like every year)

- no new event (Gree/Swooper/Pirate/...)

Nice 10-year anniversary... and happy birthday !

Edited by GuigeekRhadamant

For 1 Story content of 6.0 and 7.0 did take about the same amount of time to do with both onderon and mek-sha planets as well as the flashpoint took about the same amount of time as 7.0 did neither was really long. And going back to look at all the expansions we have had none have been that long on launch. 4.0 and 5.0 are probably the longest at about 3-5 hrs with kotfe having only 9 chapters in 4.0 and kotet having 10 chapters. rise did not have all that much on release it was makeb upon release which was not much and that was a rather short story probably even shorter than 7.0. CZ-198 and Oricon did not come out until later in the expansion. As for Shadow of Revan if i am not mistaken it was released in 3 waves first being Rishi, 2nd was Yavin and 3rd was kinda the prelude to Kotfe in Ziost I remember Ziost being done seperately. So effectively what you are saying is you want all expansions to be wow like massive rather than bioware's way of doing things thats more DLC like. But its not the only game that has gone that route either.

I do agree it does need more content, what we have gotten would have been better suited for 6. whatever rather than 7.0 but this expansion was never really about the story as much as it was about the changes to the game in combat styles (so they could make it easier to add new classes down the road). It was a almost prelude content patch to 8.0 is how they marketed back in june-august. I do want more but i am not expecting much. They had 5 yrs to develop 7.0 and they dropped the ball on it lol. They were working on LotS back 5 yrs ago my guess is it was all the features that took them so long to do because storywise it was not there lol.

For 1 Story content of 6.0 and 7.0 did take about the same amount of time to do with both onderon and mek-sha planets as well as the flashpoint took about the same amount of time as 7.0 did neither was really long. And going back to look at all the expansions we have had none have been that long on launch. 4.0 and 5.0 are probably the longest at about 3-5 hrs with kotfe having only 9 chapters in 4.0 and kotet having 10 chapters. rise did not have all that much on release it was makeb upon release which was not much and that was a rather short story probably even shorter than 7.0. CZ-198 and Oricon did not come out until later in the expansion. As for Shadow of Revan if i am not mistaken it was released in 3 waves first being Rishi, 2nd was Yavin and 3rd was kinda the prelude to Kotfe in Ziost I remember Ziost being done seperately. So effectively what you are saying is you want all expansions to be wow like massive rather than bioware's way of doing things thats more DLC like. But its not the only game that has gone that route either.

I do agree it does need more content, what we have gotten would have been better suited for 6. whatever rather than 7.0 but this expansion was never really about the story as much as it was about the changes to the game in combat styles (so they could make it easier to add new classes down the road). It was a almost prelude content patch to 8.0 is how they marketed back in june-august. I do want more but i am not expecting much. They had 5 yrs to develop 7.0 and they dropped the ball on it lol. They were working on LotS back 5 yrs ago my guess is it was all the features that took them so long to do because storywise it was not there lol.

I doubt they were working on 7.0 five years ago. 6.0 hadn't even launched then.

What do you mean by waiting? They slowed character leveling, they slowed armor acquisition to a crawl. Made it so you can only run one character a week at a time in heroics. That should keep you more than busy while they cash their checks and laugh at us who still are here for some reason.

What do you mean by waiting? They slowed character leveling, they slowed armor acquisition to a crawl. Made it so you can only run one character a week at a time in heroics. That should keep you more than busy while they cash their checks and laugh at us who still are here for some reason.

Most of us are still here because we enjoy the game.

I don't get it, what does that have to do with this topic.

Not disagreeing with any thing you said, just might be reading it wrong and can't find the relevance to your reply and the topic

I might despise how they have taking away the leveling experience, with 7.0, but like lukeisjedi said . ."Most of us are still here because we enjoy the game."

for those that haven't played long, they may feel like it's a anniversary. Those that been around a while, it might just feel like nothing new, Just a normal updated version , nothing special, like a Anniversary

They actually taken away more then added more. Would had been nice to get some of the Companions you can't get anymore, just for one thing that could had been in the anniversary :cool:

Edited by Achnaattwo