Can't Believe the Un-ending Trend Towards Dumbing Down the Game

Ahl-Vinn

I think the majority of players for this game are not hardcore but align more towards being solo/casual players. I've been playing SWTOR for many years but I still play solo and much prefer playing through the story content and playing at my own pace. I don't have any interest to force myself to do hard content that I won't enjoy even if it means it gives better rewards.

(1) I did not realize you speak for all Nim Raiders. Did you take a survey? A poll? Have a meeting in Discord and do a voice vote?

There are supposed NiM raiders ON THESE BOARDS, who not only applaud these changes, but use the same "logik" you do to defend them.

(2) Technically you don't "need" BIS gear to clear raids. Now as an incentive to sell carries? Absolutely.

(3) Would these be the same Devs that many on the boards acknowledge are in Voice communication with said raiders? Asking for a friend.

1) The posts I've seen are pretty much more related to the need vs want argument. But please do show me the posts you're referring to. As an example, yesterday I was in a nightmare EC fun run. The consensus after hearing that solo players were upset about 7.0 gearing was definitely more of "oh, well it doesn't matter to us if they can get gear". But I will go back to the discords and make sure I hold a vote. Why not. I've already spoken to my friends and they all agree that nobody cares if a solo player, or a casual player, or a whatever that isn't a nightmare raider has the opportunity for gear. Regardless this is just another straw man since you don't speak for ALL solo players or ALL casual players.

2) This is why nightmare raiders do not gear check but achievement check first and foremost. Gear checks are much rarer than people assume.

3) Having communication with a person does not mean they're in cahoots to screw you over. And moreover, so what if a developer is communicating with the raiding population? Do you know specifically what was discussed? Maybe it was in regards to why Dxun was met with universal blah whereas Gods was met with universal yay!. Wouldn't a developer asking for feedback on raiding content best come from the raiding community? Don't the developers also have a totally public swtor discord for all players? Is that a thing? Honestly, I don't know. I don't go looking for the developers to talk to. I think they make foolish decisions like removing all companions and relegating them to faceless mindless husks even though they're supposedly making a bioware game. I will never not be bitter about that. Worst choice they have ever made.

Nothing but 1 tier of gear for raiders in the expansion (no new raid in 2 years), yet game is said to be catering to hardcore raiders by same 4 people in every thread.

gg

Yeah, somewhere the facts stopped being important and the hyperbole took over.

And the hyperbole itself isn’t even on the mark. They keep going on about the highest rated gear going to raiders. When the issue isn’t even about irated gear. It’s about exclusive early access to the mods vendor.

If people stopped attacking raiders, who have about as much control and input with BioWare design decisions as a piece of wood, maybe we could pressure BioWare into adding a mods vendor for each gear type in 7.1.

Yeah, somewhere the facts stopped being important and the hyperbole took over.

And the hyperbole itself isn’t even on the mark. They keep going on about the highest rated gear going to raiders. When the issue isn’t even about irated gear. It’s about exclusive early access to the mods vendor.

If people stopped attacking raiders, who have about as much control and input with BioWare design decisions as a piece of wood, maybe we could pressure BioWare into adding a mods vendor for each gear type in 7.1.

Can I vote for you for president of something?

Nothing but 1 tier of gear for raiders in the expansion (no new raid in 2 years), yet game is said to be catering to hardcore raiders by same 4 people in every thread.

gg

Because the devs are following a design philosophy that treats raiders as special by giving them not only higher gear rating but also moddable gear.

The problem here is the outdated design philosophy of pandering to raiders, something that has dominated games like WoW so we know very well what happens when to philosophy is allowed to spread.

My main hope is that they will see it is a failed and outdated design philosophy and turn back, but only time will tell.

Because the devs are following a design philosophy that treats raiders as special by giving them not only higher gear rating but also moddable gear.

The problem here is the outdated design philosophy of pandering to raiders, something that has dominated games like WoW so we know very well what happens when to philosophy is allowed to spread.

My main hope is that they will see it is a failed and outdated design philosophy and turn back, but only time will tell.

Dude, I’ll be upfront, I’m not a raider, I’m a pvper, so I’ve no skin in this to defend raiders.

Why do you kept harping on and denigrating raiders. BioWare isn’t pandering to them at all. As has been pointed out to you across multiple threads, they aren’t getting anything in 7.0.

Yes, in 7.1 they are getting a new raid and exclusive access to the mods vendor. But the higher irating on the gear doesn’t matter at all for the rest of the game. It’s the fact that they will be able to optimise their stat tables and we won’t be able to that’s the problem here.

So instead of attacking the raider community over and over, why not be constructive instead. Change your rhetoric from raider bashing to trying to get BioWare to add a mods vendor for every gear type in 7.1. They still have time to do that.

If we can get enough of the community, including the raiders to support this, maybe we can put enough pressure on BioWare to actually do it.

But if you keep dividing the player base and going after raiders who’ve ZERO control over BioWares game design, then they won’t help us apply pressure.

Just about everyone else (including raiders) can see the logic for BioWare adding a mods vendor for each gear type in 7.1. Let’s focus on that instead of raider bashing.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

....If that were true, there'd only be "<3 <3 <3 This is a Theron love thread, haters make your own!!!" threads because 9/10 threads are complaint threads. :D

It's a bit true. I mentioned something about 7.0 and my sub et voila, it's been deleted.