New Equipment

LordKeenious

None; it has nothing to do with training. It's based on your Force Alignment; you have to achieve a level of Light I through making Light Side choices or completing missions with your Alignment Toggle (bottom right of your HUD, next to your minimap, by default) set to Light (blue button) to equip the item.

You can check your current Force Alignment Level by opening your character screen, there should be a vertical bar going from Light/blue at the top down to Dark/red at the bottom to the left of your character picture. Hovering over that meter will tell you your current total Light and Dark points, current Alignment level and points needed to advance an Alignment level.

I looted a Double Bladed Saber and I cant equip it. On the bottom of the info panel it tels me Light 1 is required. What trainer do I go to for this? Any help would be fantastic.

May The Force Be With You

There's no "Light" trainer, nor is there a "Dark" trainer. You have to earn Light points to counteract your Dark points until you are at least 3000 Light in excess of Dark. (Your current status

If you are an Assassin(1), then missions / combat give you Dark points by default, but that can be changed using the "Alignment Toggle" UI, this thing: https://i.imgur.com/aMQdyc6.jpg

In the picture, it's set to Dark (red down-pointing triangle) but if you click the seven-pointed star on the right, you'll focus on being Light instead of Dark.

"Light" and "Dark", of course, here refer to the two "sides" of the Force, and aside from defaults, have no relationship to which faction your character is from.

(1) Only Jedi Shadows and Sith Assassins can use double-blade sabres.