Dissappearing enemies in space missions

Gremthei

Has anyone else experienced an issue where whenever you load a space mission, it shows the normal field for a few seconds and then reverts to a blank screen containing only your fighter and empty space? It's persisted since before I subscribed and I initially thought it was something to do with being Free to Play (something connected to the weekly cap on space missions maybe) but it's still happening even after I subscribed. This might belong in the GSF forum (or maybe a Technical Help section, if there is one) but there's also a high chance that I'm just making some stupid newbie mistake that everyone already knows about :).

Anyway, thanks for the help.

I have a few times seen something a bit like that, where I'll be flying along normally, then the screen will go black with just my ship, and the lasers of attackers. This goes on for a while, then everything goes back to normal, and my ship takes a huge amount of shield and hull damage, as if I crashed into something.

I've tried waiting, and it doesn't seem to ever go away (at least not before I get logged out for being afk) Also, in my case it happens every time I try to play a space mission, rather than being an occasional bug.