I want to know why they're getting rid of Adaptive Armor.

LogicalSwordsman

So unless I heard the most disturbing lie ever, they're getting rid of Adaptive Armor aka Armor that can be modded aka armor that can be modded to make you more powerful. So to keep the crying babies from reporting this thread (though I've requested one specific kindergarten student to stay away from my threads) I'll definitely curb my tongue.

But who thought this...brilliant idea.. would be the best thing for Veteran players? So now we have to see ourselves getting weaker simply because armor mods will no longer be a thing, assuming, since Adaptive Armors are the only ones that are modded...

So why? Who the hell thought that the players bent over and said, 'Bioware, give it to us good!!' because I for sure didn't. Did you? Did anyone?

I assume they're going to replace it with something just as good, because if not, I see a LOT of people quitting this game, for valid reason.

Couple things:

That's not what adaptive armour means. Adaptive armour is about armour class (light/medium/heavy) adaptive armour can be worn by any class and will grant the stats for the corresponding armour class. (E.g. a piece of adaptive armour would function as heavy armour on a jugg, and medium armour on a Marauder). This will still be the case for all the new gear that we're getting. What you're talking about is moddable gear.

It's not completely done away with. Apparently at a certain iLvL you'll gain access to a mods vendor that mean you will be able to use moddable gear (though that's a gear tier you cannot reach at 7.0 launch, and especially for solo players may take quite a while until their max gear rating is bumped up high enough for that).

Moddable gear is not necessarily better than static gear. They can have the same stat caps, it's just that moddable gear is more flexible while static gear is more, well, static. That said the stat distribution on gear gotten through solo play/flashpoints is quite horrible, and definitely should be more optimised.

Overall I'm glad they're doing away with the gazillion different item mods they introduced with 6.0 (who needs 20 versions of the same enhancement all with ever so slightly varying stats. But they swung too far imo. Just keep everything moddable and bring it back to the mod variants we had in 5.0. That gave a nice variety of mods, without having to farm for days just to get that one enhancement with the exact stat distribution.

I see I've become rightfully chastened! Thanks for information!

I always thought that Adaptive Gear was modded gear, since the only gear I've seen with mods were those sort of gears.

Thanks! The game is already difficult enough, combat wise, without having them do away with modding, and I've definitely seen an increase in my power (going from doing 600 damage on Rishi to 300 damage after modding my gear with Level 65 Armor Mods)

Edited by LogicalSwordsman

I hate it, personally. I want to personalize my stats through mods. I want my gunslinger to have more alacrity, my commando to have more power. I want my jugg tank to have more shields and my guardian tank to have a little more defense. I get the feeling my shadow is going to take the biggest hit.

Non-moddable stuff SUCKS!

they're getting rid of Adaptive Armor aka Armor that can be modded aka armor that can be modded to make you more powerful.

You know that adaptive armour is armour that adapts its heavy/medium/light weight to the heaviest that whoever is wearing it can wear, right?

On the basis of what the *game* meant by "adaptive", "adaptive" never meant "moddable".

So no, they are not getting rid of adaptive armour.

They aren't even getting rid of *moddable* armour.

Far as I know, they're just not going to make mods for level 76+

They are going to make mods for level 80. You just need to get to item rating 334. (which won't come out until 7.1 with the new Operation on Vet mode). All other content will eventually be raised to that point they said as new Major updates come out.

I think the dev's want to slow down the process. They don't want another update where people are max iLvl in a few weeks. Remember in 6.0 as you went up 2 levels at a time from 270 to 306, the gear changed from green to blue to purple to gold. 7.0 seems like the same thing just slower and with stops till they raise the gear ceiling again. I can't believe they want to micro-manage the process this much instead of letting players progress as they want, but here we are.....

I think the dev's want to slow down the process. They don't want another update where people are max iLvl in a few weeks. Remember in 6.0 as you went up 2 levels at a time from 270 to 306, the gear changed from green to blue to purple to gold. 7.0 seems like the same thing just slower and with stops till they raise the gear ceiling again. I can't believe they want to micro-manage the process this much instead of letting players progress as they want, but here we are.....

this is where I am going to take a break from the game and pretty much stop gearing up or leveling. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on gear that will quickly become obsolete as the item level increases and moldable gear becomes more standard later in 7.0.

Edited by illgot

this is where I am going to take a break from the game and pretty much stop gearing up or leveling. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on gear that will quickly become obsolete as the item level increases and moldable gear becomes more standard later in 7.0.

Yeah I'm not grinding anything. I'll do story and GS2 and probably just log on for new story updates.

So unless I heard the most disturbing lie ever, they're getting rid of Adaptive Armor aka Armor that can be modded aka armor that can be modded to make you more powerful. So to keep the crying babies from reporting this thread (though I've requested one specific kindergarten student to stay away from my threads) I'll definitely curb my tongue.

But who thought this...brilliant idea.. would be the best thing for Veteran players? So now we have to see ourselves getting weaker simply because armor mods will no longer be a thing, assuming, since Adaptive Armors are the only ones that are modded...

So why? Who the hell thought that the players bent over and said, 'Bioware, give it to us good!!' because I for sure didn't. Did you? Did anyone?

I assume they're going to replace it with something just as good, because if not, I see a LOT of people quitting this game, for valid reason.

Oh, gee, look. Another one who just woke up from his long nap and discovered what we've all been shrieking about for the last 4-5 months.

Hello, there, Rip Van Winkle. Welcome back.

Yes, taking away our ability to mod our armor is a horribad decision, and one more step in the long process of dumbing down the game.