Any reason why I can't use "Cheese Spaghetti" as my character name?

ShieldProtection

I don't know why it's "invalid" - probably some form of translation error or partial rude word or w/e - but on the other hand, you can be thankful that you now won't need to regret that dumb name later. 😅

(I've met many people who started playing with some sort of 'joke' name like "somedumcharacter" only to feel kinda silly after a few months and end up spending CC for a name change. 🙄 )

Edited by JediQuaker

I don't know why it's "invalid" - probably some form of translation error or partial rude word or w/e - but on the other hand, you can be thankful that you now won't need to regret that dumb name later. 😅

(I've met many people who started playing with some sort of 'joke' name like "somedumcharacter" only to feel kinda silly after a few months and end up spending CC for a name change. 🙄 )

Too true.

I made one named "utilitoon" (UTIL I TOON) (so many small letters)

He's still level 2

Edited by Darev

Sometimes games automatically block potential names for stupid reasons.

I will never forget, years ago, I was playing a different sci-fi MMORPG and was naming my ships after species of birds - you know, "Hawk", "Falcon", "Eagle", etc. - well, I went to name a ship "Crane" and the game refused to let me, saying that it was not permitted. I ended up asking around and found out that I couldn't name a ship "Crane" after the bird because 'crane' was also an obscure inappropriate slang...

My mind still boggles at it... I mean, you hear 'crane', you think 'bird' or 'construction equipment', not 'obscure and inappropriate slang'...

My mind still boggles at it... I mean, you hear 'crane', you think 'bird' or 'construction equipment', not 'obscure and inappropriate slang'...

Actually, no, *I* think of a verb. From Wiktionary at https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crane#Verb , especially sense 1:

Verb

crane (third-person singular simple present cranes, present participle craning, simple past and past participle craned)

1. (transitive, intransitive) To extend (one's neck).

2. (transitive) To raise or lower with, or as if with, a crane.

3. (intransitive) To pull up before a jump.

But yeah, not inappropriate slang.

i read somewhere years ago about naming and it was that a name cant have 3 of the same letter in them. in the vein of a name cant have 2 "-" or 2 " ' "

Two non-adjacent apostrophes (" ' ") is definitely possible because otherwise conventional Chiss names would be barred. (And there's at least one Chiss-format name in the random generator. I know this because it offered it to me when I was creating a Chiss character who ended up being Yen'reerr'rraa.)

EDIT: note that there are *five* Rs in that name, and three Es.

EDITED-EDIT: In fact, I'm wrong; The name is Yen'reerr'traa, so it only has four Rs.

Edited by SteveTheCynic