It's Time to Kill Aug Kits

FlatTax

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you noticed, but used augments are bind to legacy now. All you have to do is rip it out of the old gear and put it into the new or put it in the legacy bank for an alt. You still have to make the kits, but still, this will save some effort and credits. Edited by MishaCantu

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that the gear is balanced so horribly that, for green gear, you either need two accuracy augments, or you lose on other stats and end up at 111% accuracy. Because apparently solo players don't need accuracy or something, nevermind that we need to actually HIT the bosses in FPs or heroics.

It's a total downgrade from 6.0 where you could reach your alacrity and accuracy caps just fine without augments...

But yeah, I'm only getting those accuracy augments for now (and the blue ones). Once we know that there won't be more gear upgrades, I'll invest in the rest (and still blue ones).

It's a total downgrade from 6.0 ...

Not just that, because there is no level 80 crafting at the moment, you'll have to use

* OLD Level 75 augments

* OLD Level 75 medpacks

* OLD Level 75 stims etc.

None of them align with the new level 80 stats. Thats another huge nerf.

They're a horrible expense, and are wasted if a higher iRating item drops randomly.

It was never a great idea to have barriers to equipping gear, anyway. They should go.

They just need to add an mk slot to every piece of gear now. Make it standard just like mod slots were.

I agree. They should leave the slots that we can unlock with credit cost they charge now. For the crafters (myself included) they can then significantly reduce the number and type of mats required for crafting all augments at all levels to help compensate crafters so their crafting costs are substantially reduced. This is a good compromise I can live with.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

I just use acc earpieces and implants. tech frags are the main issue... takes way too long to even gain 1000 let alone 6000.

Except they put the most useless stat on legendaries (crit) so we can't use accuracy implants.

It is SO stupid.

Legendaries should have been a NEW slot, like tacticals.

Edited by Pricia

Not sure if you noticed, but used augments are bind to legacy now. All you have to do is rip it out of the old gear and put it into the new or put it in the legacy bank for an alt. You still have to make the kits, but still, this will save some effort and credits.

I didn't know that. thank you. To bad I DE'd my old gear already on a lot of my alts. time to make more

Cool beans! Let's make crafting COMPLETELY pointless, since that's what the devs have been moving toward all along anyway.

It's pretty much pointless anyway. Not a whole lot left in crafting that is needed now with this gearing system we have. Bioware took a dump on the crafting community. The insane amount of resources needed, the stupid RE system now to level up an item. It's just mind numbing now and it's all a push to get away from the modded gear into their static, boring gear system-

The problem is that the gear is balanced so horribly that, for green gear, you either need two accuracy augments, or you lose on other stats and end up at 111% accuracy. Because apparently solo players don't need accuracy or something, nevermind that we need to actually HIT the bosses in FPs or heroics.

It's a total downgrade from 6.0 where you could reach your alacrity and accuracy caps just fine without augments...

But yeah, I'm only getting those accuracy augments for now (and the blue ones). Once we know that there won't be more gear upgrades, I'll invest in the rest (and still blue ones).

Solo players are just second rate memberships now.

It might have changed over the years, but aren't the accuracy requirements different in different content?

As I remember from 3.x times, for example FP bosses did not have as much 'I'm a big bad boss so you flat out miss x % of your abilities' penalty as Ops bosses, open world enemies did require even less and PvP is also not reliant on accuracy.

If that still is the case it isn't even necessary to reach the 110% cap depending on what content you want to play.

Just because guides and stuff emphasise the importance of accuracy over everything else, keep in mind most of those are targetting towards higher difficulty level operations, not everything right for those is automatically correct for all other content.

I did a few SM ops with pretty much everyone in 320 from the vendor, I had about 7% accuracy and while I missed with abilities, the damage done by me and the others wasn't that bad and well sufficient to clear the operation.

Same goes for FPs, missing an ability here and there won't stop you from getting through, just think about previous content cycles when people got into MFPs while still levelling, those players didn't have perfect accuracy or other stats at all and still managed to do well enough to succeed.

Knowing the mechanics and how to play your class is way more important than perfect accuracy and neither SM Ops, nor FPs require absolute perfect play. An average skill level is well enough.

At least for the game, people are a different beast, but with all that Nefra farming those 'special' people soon will require you to have full Rakata for EV or KP, that doesn't mean though they are right about that.

It might have changed over the years, but aren't the accuracy requirements different in different content?

As I remember from 3.x times, for example FP bosses did not have as much 'I'm a big bad boss so you flat out miss x % of your abilities' penalty as Ops bosses, open world enemies did require even less and PvP is also not reliant on accuracy.

If that still is the case it isn't even necessary to reach the 110% cap depending on what content you want to play.

Just because guides and stuff emphasise the importance of accuracy over everything else, keep in mind most of those are targetting towards higher difficulty level operations, not everything right for those is automatically correct for all other content.

I did a few SM ops with pretty much everyone in 320 from the vendor, I had about 7% accuracy and while I missed with abilities, the damage done by me and the others wasn't that bad and well sufficient to clear the operation.

Same goes for FPs, missing an ability here and there won't stop you from getting through, just think about previous content cycles when people got into MFPs while still levelling, those players didn't have perfect accuracy or other stats at all and still managed to do well enough to succeed.

Knowing the mechanics and how to play your class is way more important than perfect accuracy and neither SM Ops, nor FPs require absolute perfect play. An average skill level is well enough.

At least for the game, people are a different beast, but with all that Nefra farming those 'special' people soon will require you to have full Rakata for EV or KP, that doesn't mean though they are right about that.

Flashpoint bosses cause the same miss chance as Operations bosses. If you had 0% Accuracy, 10% of your attacks will be missed/dodged/parried. One reason missing is so bad is because it can mess up the rotation. Some disciplines have very strict rotations depending on a few key abilities to set everything up. When they miss, the whole thing falls apart.

It can also cause huge variations in DPS between boss fights. It can happen that your highest damage attacks are the ones missed which kills your DPS. Maybe in another fight your low damage abilities are the ones missed, so you still do good DPS. It makes it hard to tell where you are and raising questions like "is your DPS is bad because you're playing bad or because of the misses?".

Accuracy also affects each discipline differently. Some disciplines have many low damage hits while others have few high damage hits. The disciplines with many low damage hits will be less affected by Accuracy, but the disciplines with few high damage hits will be greatly affected Accuracy.

It's true that most, if not all, content can be completed without being at the Accuracy cap, but not being at the cap can be really frustrating when you miss a string of your best attacks or your rotation gets messed up. Even in solo play, it can sometimes mean the difference between life and death (see Veteran/Master Chapters).

Flashpoint bosses cause the same miss chance as Operations bosses. If you had 0% Accuracy, 10% of your attacks will be missed/dodged/parried. One reason missing is so bad is because it can mess up the rotation. Some disciplines have very strict rotations depending on a few key abilities to set everything up. When they miss, the whole thing falls apart.

It can also cause huge variations in DPS between boss fights. It can happen that your highest damage attacks are the ones missed which kills your DPS. Maybe in another fight your low damage abilities are the ones missed, so you still do good DPS. It makes it hard to tell where you are and raising questions like "is your DPS is bad because you're playing bad or because of the misses?".

Accuracy also affects each discipline differently. Some disciplines have many low damage hits while others have few high damage hits. The disciplines with many low damage hits will be less affected by Accuracy, but the disciplines with few high damage hits will be greatly affected Accuracy.

It's true that most, if not all, content can be completed without being at the Accuracy cap, but not being at the cap can be really frustrating when you miss a string of your best attacks or your rotation gets messed up. Even in solo play, it can sometimes mean the difference between life and death (see Veteran/Master Chapters).

Yeah I missed on a regular level 7 mob the other day. I'm 80 in 326 gear.

Good times.

People still sell them on the GTN. I probably made close to 9 billion during the first week of 7.0 selling MK-11s and Augments.

They increase player interaction and make crafting useful. Could Augment Kits be eliminated? Sure, but then again the developers could also just sell Augment 77s directly on venders.

It takes very little effort to obtain MK-11s either through crafting or the GTN. They are extremely cheap to make and inexpensive on the GTN.

Edited by illgot

This.

If you are a sniper and your Ambush miss, that's like your biggest hit and ~1.5s (and almost 2s if you have low alac) completely wasted.

after spamming vet fp`s for a few days getting new gear instead of buying the upgrades from vendors,,I tried a few mm fp`s that popped,,,3 times they vote kicked me right away for not augmenting my green gear,,,I didn`t say a word,,,now after being all 324 on 1 toon I looked at my stats,,I have 118 accuracry,,,:),,logic,,,

Not sure if you noticed, but used augments are bind to legacy now. All you have to do is rip it out of the old gear and put it into the new or put it in the legacy bank for an alt. You still have to make the kits, but still, this will save some effort and credits.

How exactly does this work. I have bound augments in my storage, I install in gear, pull back out, still bound.

Aug kits are not the problem.

The problem is the game is both custom gear and non mod gear. No one in there right mind puts augs on non mod gear, which is why it makes no sense that the first two tiers of gear in end game right now, are not mod gear.

The problem that is a issue is tacticals, which are spread all over creation, and have proven to create more of a imbalance in the game then ever before.

Either way its a mess.