7.0 Conquest Changes

DavidStaats

As someone who's in two small guilds with two friends, (who don't play that often)

Conquest is pretty much all I have to play.... I mainly solo.

I have alts and it seems this will make them redundant, or at least most of them.

What I'm asking is, do I have to do group content, (OPs, PvP, Gsf, etc..)

to get half decent rewards now and with each toon?

If so I'm not sure this is for me.

The last chapter (kill 3 or 4 Emperors, whatever)

and the Mando (one shot) Op kinda put me off that sort of content.

Again..solo player here.

Edited by Rammboo

** taxes wont work ( not for me at least ... TRUST ME ... someone's gonna pick up the tab !! ;)

** And I agree that completely removing ALL of the credits from CQ's would be a mistake. I'm referring to excessive " bonus " credits. Frankly I've not ran CQ's in a while so I'm not up to speed on the latest technobabble regarding this particular perspective. I'm only suggesting that the "farming" aspect of credits not be so easily compounded. It sort of acts like compounded interest on very large IRA. It's crazy how large those figures can get ... VERY quickly !!

(Note: this may not be exactly what is happening ... but IMO it's the closest analogy I can think of where credits are "made" NOT spent . I hope this makes sense. )

The tax wouldn’t personally work on me either because you and I are of the same ilk when it comes to stuff like that. But as you say, someone would end up paying and that alone would remove large amounts of credits from the game. Which is the idea.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

please dont go through with these changes of taking away rewards, xp and credits for conquest! you guys worked on conquest for years to actually make it relevant and it finally is! you guys made a whooole thing about conquest being a big part of the game and a way to level and have fun in "play your way". why are you now going back on ALL of that? you dont want us to level through conquest ? just level the way YOU want us to level? why are you doing this. my guild makes groups and levels by conquest objectives and does a lot of the stuff. you are going to effectively kill that upon 7.0 IF you seriously go through with these changes.

Please reconsider. This will be a VERY bad thing for the game if this goes through. I hope you know that. Taking game systems out is never a good option

Focusing on underleveled players getting extra credits/experience while most of the wealth sits with the top .1% of players who have guild banks and legacy banks full of credits. Big hmm. The value of CC went up when the changes to player referral went into effect and made everything insanely expensive on the GTN. Now that credits are nearly worthless, these changes make those small amount of credits harder to obtain. I mean, 64 billion credits over 2 years to lots of low level players as opposed to the billions of credits up on the GTN today for gold augments.

We should keep rewarding lower level players for completing objectives and doing their story. The credits acquired during the story are nothing compared to the amount of credits it costs to do anything in this game. Instead, try to redistribute some of the wealth by REWARDING players for finishing first time story quests and continue to value tasks like gathering skills that require time from low level players, but give them an actual opportunity to make some credits back from the market.

And the experience loop is something that's a lot of fun. It's like the rush you feel when hitting a slot machine. Why take something away that is actually exciting and takes the grind out of some of the leveling process? Just lower the experienced gained from that specific objective rather than remove something fun from the game.

This pretty much Sums up my feelings about this as a Returning player and Sub. With a New Account after trying to get my Old Launch Account back ( different issue) I have all low lvl toons 25 is my current highest ... Thanks alot for taking my money only to ruin my chances of Earning anything

• 2 weeks later...
please dont go through with these changes of taking away rewards, xp and credits for conquest! you guys worked on conquest for years to actually make it relevant and it finally is! you guys made a whooole thing about conquest being a big part of the game and a way to level and have fun in "play your way". why are you now going back on ALL of that? you dont want us to level through conquest ? just level the way YOU want us to level? why are you doing this. my guild makes groups and levels by conquest objectives and does a lot of the stuff. you are going to effectively kill that upon 7.0 IF you seriously go through with these changes.

Please reconsider. This will be a VERY bad thing for the game if this goes through. I hope you know that. Taking game systems out is never a good option

I am not too keen on all of this either. I will very likely be playing much less, rather than more.

I'm not entirely sure offering LESS rewards for MORE gameplay time is a solid plan. Most people play MMOs for the rewards, and 6.0 gives LOTS of rewards. Playing literally anything you like in SWTOR and getting rewarded for it has made a lot of players really happy. We've been playing more because we can do so much and reach our goals while doing it.

I get that you have a game economy problem, but trying to solve it this way might not even work as intended and could make a lot of players mad, which could disincentivize them to keep playing. And SWTOR really needs its players. Seems like a big gamble. And on top of this, you have major gear and ability changes coming that are looking increasingly unpopular overall. Particularly gear.

I really hope the new story is spectacular with lots of action, intrigue, and romance. You're going to need it.

The only thing I agree with is the credit situation. But you still didn’t need to remove all of them because new players will suffer. You don’t need to remove XP and you don’t need to double the goals. This will ruin conquest for us.

I’m sorry David, but it seems each time you guys post something about 7.0 it makes us want to play it less and less. This post about Conquest being Nerfed into the ground is the last straw for us.

We (My family) won’t be subscribing to the game once 7.0 is released and you can see from our logins to the game that ever since 7.0 was announced, we’ve played about 90% less than we usually play.

There is only two things we looked forward to with 7.0 and you’ve ruined those with every subsequent announcement of how you are going to wreak the things in this game we love.

So this is adios from my family. We loved swtor, but you’ve killed it for us.

edit: Dear BioWare, my family and I have now made the decision to unsubscribe as of today. I’ve just filled in your exit questionnaire with a list of reasons. Hopefully you’re still reading them and paying attention to how many people are going to quit. I think you’ll have quite a lot more to read if you don’t make a course correction to your proposed changes for 7.0.

If the economic ladder is determined to be too high (I.e., hyperinflation), then removing the bottom 25 or so rungs isn’t likely to help. This makes new and returning players struggle to catch up to a point where they can participate in the game economy.

Also, I just came back in September 2021 after playing the first 18 months. I’ve had a lot of fun playing all the content that’s available. I leveled two toons to end of class quests, created two new toons to complete my 8/8 classes, and taken my old level 50 characters from end of Chapter 3 to Chapter 1 of KOTET. Reading the 7.0 changes, that will probably be the end of this subscription run. I’m not looking forward to anything I’ve read about 7.0.

Oh and for anyone who is curious... On PTS right now you have a limit of 999 weekly upgrade parts from CQ. CQ rewards are 200 of those parts, 100 tech fragments, and 1 25k chip.

That's it.

So for people who have a lot of alts like me, we'll have to grind 100,000 conquest points to get... 100 tech fragments and 25k credits after our first 4 characters.

It's a very bad idea of a very bad joke.

I sure hope that the guild rewards will be better but I somehow doubt it... Considering the 999 cap anyway...

The good thing I suppose is that it won't matter if I lose access to half my characters when I unsubscribe because it's not like there will be ANY reason to play them after the story anyway.

Oh and for anyone who is curious... On PTS right now you have a limit of 999 weekly upgrade parts from CQ. CQ rewards are 200 of those parts, 100 tech fragments, and 1 25k chip.

That's it.

So for people who have a lot of alts like me, we'll have to grind 100,000 conquest points to get... 100 tech fragments and 25k credits after our first 4 characters.

I sure hope that the guild rewards will be better but I somehow doubt it... Considering the 999 cap anyway...

The good thing I suppose is that it won't matter if I lose access to half my characters when I unsubscribe because it's not like there will be ANY reason to play them after the story anyway.

100% agree

I took a year break after the xpac due to the Conquest changes. Came back and checked out the changes made since I left. I liked them. Apparently some of us were having fun . Bad Tom.

Grinding is Fun and Santa Claus comes in July.

Edited by well

Take back the money won in Game mean any source ingame to get money directing to GS for the poors players............

let this because your 64billions it's in global not by players.... so stop this backtrip and if we must again like dogs get gears thank you for the electrics Collars given with this **** and put on our ways so must difficulties that we hadn't in parts with the 6.0

Edited by darkbachus

It was increasing the rate of acquisition for what should be long term goals for players, promoting a playstyle of interruptive play as players hit their Conquest target and then swap out their characters, creating social pressures to participate in Conquest as often as possible, and adding to the on-going economic changes we have seen in the game over the past year.

In other words, you want us to play your way. Why do you tell us "play our way" when in truth you want everyone to play the way you think people should play. Furthermore, have you forgotten each alt that is in a guild can get the encryptions to unlock the rooms unless there is another way to do it so telling us to do 1-3 characters does not help guilds that still need to unlock their guild rooms on the guild ship and no we are not going to join a larger guild, we happen to like our guild. We know it will take time but trying to limit alts is not the way to do this.

Edited by casirabit

• 2 weeks later...

The last thing to SAY is they want make us BECOME CHINESES FARMERS instead of being respected players subcribers who can play how we want because conquest help a lot to be good in the game it's a true and suppress it got only one signification slaves us to be always CONNECTED on the computer because it will be awful to get WE ARE SUBSCRIBERS LIKE ALL THE COMMUNITY OF SUBSCRIBERS why give advantages to THE COVEN OF NIM PLAYERS and do of the rest of the community treaten like dogs .

so now we have the choose be respected and listened and have our place in the community of suscribers OR the community of suscribers composed ONLY by THE COVEN OF NIM PLAYERS...... and the cummunity will be poor lividless the ball is lauched .........

I just want to thank BW for delaying 7.0 until February. It enables me to finish unlocking my one-man-guildship. I started this task after they changed conquest (in Spring 2020?). It was my driving force during the last almost 2 years of this game.

I have played regularly with all my 56 chars on all 5 servers. I joined many different guilds and communicated in 3 different languages in those guilds. I learned playing all classes well. I always had something to do. I could do everything in my available time, and on my terms, without having to rely on others.

I have enjoyed the last 2 years of this game.

Unfortunately, after having thoroughly tested 7.0 on the PTS, I conclude that this all comes to an end. It's as if BW tracked MY way of playing this game, and they changed everything they can to DESTROY my way of playing this game. I tried on the PTS, but it's not even remotely possible to play this game as during the last two years.

So, once again: Thanks, BW, for giving me the chance to finish my - almost - two years long task of completing my one-man-guildship. On 8th February, it will be done. (If I don't decide to dump my billions of credits on encryptions on the GTN instead. But then I wouldn't have anything to anymore in this game.)

After that task is done, I will stop playing conquest completely. Judging by the PTS, there is no incentive for me whatsoever to play conquest. It will also become a huge CHORE anyway. And since conquest was my main enjoyment of this game for the last two years, there is nothing left to do. I give them the chance to convince me with a fantastic new storyline which I want to play on my many alts, but... who believes that? I don't.

I'm also glad that BW pushed back the rollout of 7.0. It's giving me a chance to get a full set of 306 (or as close as I can get) armour on each of the servers I play on before they take away renown and the fleet vendor.

After that, who knows? I'll see how it pans out, but am not optimistic as it seems at this stage that my play style will be totally trashed.

• 3 weeks later...

That's it.

Grind? Grind?! Doing conquest is a joke and it will continue to be. 100k points from 50 isn't that big of a change. If u have stronghold bonus it's laughable how quickly u can smash conquest to get weekly rewards.

And it's not twice as hard, as it's not hard at all. You play the game for 15 minutes and boom, it's done. Some of the objectices are designed to do them fast. And lots of them are repeatable through legacy.

And if you have million alts, who's fault is that? Yours alone mate.i have lots of alts and I don't do conquest on all of them. What's the point? You want these 3 trashy decos or get 100k u will spend on repairs in no time. There are other, better ways to make money.

Edited by Gibonski

Hi all,

As an example of this, one of the more completed Objectives, “Missions: Story Time”, has generated nearly 64 billion credits into the economy alone.

While I appreciate you see the need to reduce credits in game, we see effects of hyper inflation when things 6 months ago were 400m on gtn are now only available through a trade for over 1b, 64 billion credits over 10 years is practically nothing.

Thats roughly 18million credits a day generated over the whole player base. There's generally 5000 people on a day so your looking at, for arguments sake, every player earning about 3500 credits a day. Thats minimal. And inconsequential. Unfortunately that doesn't scratch the surface of the issue you are gonna have to reach deeper.

Cq changes affecting how a guild levels, if your concerned how quickly a guild levels then make flagship plans untradeable. But still you could pay people to come to your guild to donate their plans. Plus you can get a group to go kill named commanders all day for plans, or you can go craft dark projects and exchange those for flagship plans and level a guild in 1 day. While those mechanics are still there we always will be able to level a whole guild in 1 day. All rooms unlocked etc its like 3600 dark projects. Not too bad to do.

You do understand that limiting the 1 flagship plan people get for 50k conquest was not the way people were leveleling guilds. I mean u could go the slow route but most people that are fortunate enough to know about the dark project exchange on the fleet just levels their guilds in 1 day.

100k bump is not that big with 150% Stronghold Bonus you can get that in 10 mins ie (level a companion, increase reputation level open a door ina stronghold) you can do that in 5 mins and there's 100k each day so not a huge issue. If people complain they should look at the mission log and read easy conquest objectives.

My hope is that one day you can actually change something thats relevant these little surface scratches your doing are just for show for appearance. However the root causes of issues remain unchanged.

Looking forward to 7.0 keep working hard at it we will see how it turns out.

May the force be with you all

Nerfing credits coming into the game will create a gap in the rich and not rich. It will also ensure the rich have enough to buy anything in the future that others will have a harder time to get.

If you nerf credits coming in you should offer another path to get items that those with the credits can easily buy now.

It is common for items to be bought out at a lower price and reposted at a higher price...keeping the prices high. I used to do it in SWG. I would buy out 99% of the crafting resources on the server and sell them in my vendor at higher prices...I was able to do this because I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Nerfing credits coming into the game will create a gap in the rich and not rich. It will also ensure the rich have enough to buy anything in the future that others will have a harder time to get.

If you nerf credits coming in you should offer another path to get items that those with the credits can easily buy now.

It is common for items to be bought out at a lower price and reposted at a higher price...keeping the prices high. I used to do it in SWG. I would buy out 99% of the crafting resources on the server and sell them in my vendor at higher prices...I was able to do this because I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Totally agreed there.

It is HARD as it is for new players to get credits. I remember not being able to buy the speeder 4 perk on my first three characters.

This is not going to help.

Hard is a relative term in my opinion.

Conquest wasn't really different for me when I was on the PTS, did 400+k points in half a week just playing what I did anyway to play around with the new levelling and combat styles, without stronghold or guild bonus. Though I have to admit, while I look at my characters who hasn't finished conquest yet when the guild asks for a tank, dps or healer for some group stuff, if I'm not in the mood to log into another character I just gather several hundred thousand points on one instead of spreading them out, without any regret or feeling of missing out on something.

Others are more invested in that, which is all good too.

The thing that makes me wonder through in these discussions is, how many players have criticised the changes on behalf of their army of alts and that in their own words it is no fun to grind conquest. Honestly what else than grinding out conquest are those players already doing right now? Taking those many alts through conquest is nothing but grinding it.

If the only fun left in this game for you is to rinse and repeat stuff that you don't even really enjoy (again, their own words) but still do for the reward, maybe the game really isn't for you any longer and it's time to take a break or leave forever.

Don't take me wrong I don't really want the game to lose players, but if the criticism is that the current grind is only barely bearable because of the easy and quick reward, it just feels wrong to me. Fun playing the game should be why we log in, not the felt 'need' to grind system A or grind system B.

The criticism should be, hey devs, there is nothing fun left to do in the game, do something about that!

Concerning credits:

Back when I started this game ten years ago, I couldn't afford speeder or the piloting skill either until way past Tattooine, even though there was a mail around level 20 telling you to hold your credits together for being able to get motorized around level 35.

When the Cartel market still was relatively new I farmed the daily areas, Ilum, Belsavis and Section X and took every penny from all of my characters to finally buy the second Command throne mount for incredible 5 million credits and I was broke for weeks afterwards.

So not being able to afford everything right away from the start is pretty normal. Players playing longer usually being richer is also normal since they already spent the time to accumulate wealth the new player still has in front of them.

While Inflation has gotten worse over the recent years, options to earn credits have increased too. But you have to put at least some effort into it.

A lot of the older and richer players don't bother with going out and gather crafting materials but rather pay others to do so via the GTN, that is a great opportunity for newer players to get their fortune started by investing the time to gather and simply sell the materials. Granted the bugged nodes put a dent in that right now, but looking back at 6.0 and the many many post about how the crew skills cost too much when at the same time simply selling the gathered materials to the players rushing their crafting up earned hundreds of millions of credits is symptomatic, people want to have things, but not really do anything for that.

Personally I make most of my money with selling crafted armor for style outfits, while I do have the advantage of still having a lot of the old and nor longer available schematics, about half of what I regularly sell are pieces everyone taking the effort to collect/research the schematics could craft and sell. Yet I have next to no competition in that field. I guess It's because it's not fast money but rather a constant income of a few millions every day. Yet once having the schematics, all it needs are 15 min per day to log through the characters send comps to work and put things into the GTN. That's faster and way easier than farming H2 or daily areas, and out of principle no armor I sell costs more than what F2P can afford too.

Decorations are another point of income, personally I use them myself but looking at how much credits the pieces from the Enclave FP or Spirit of Vengeance go and actually really sell for too, that are millions of credits waiting for pickup if you put the effort into that. Especially since most solo mode FPs actually have a guaranteed decoration reward, while playing those in a group you need to have luck and win the piece.

In general there is pretty little you need to play the game that you have to buy on the GTN anyway. You also just could put in the effort to learn the schematics yourself and be self sufficient. (Emphasis on NEED here, not WANT, you don't need that platinum lightsaber, you want it)

Being smart a new player is easily able to afford pretty much everything they need and most of what they want too.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if we get the guild Conquest reward as we made 50.000 personal points (6.3.2) or we need 100.000 after 7.0 came out. It only matters just one case. I remember there was a CQ point changes when we haven't got that reward because we didn't have enough points for the new numbers.

I wonder if we get the guild Conquest reward as we made 50.000 personal points (6.3.2) or we need 100.000 after 7.0 came out. It only matters just one case. I remember there was a CQ point changes when we haven't got that reward because we didn't have enough points for the new numbers.

They’ve already stated you’ll need 100,000 for the launch week.

Then the developers should have changed the progress bar on the Conquest tab.

I see this for what it is, a breach of contract. They show 50,000 is all that is needed to reach conquest per character for this week. If they do not reward those characters that have reached 50,000 they have breached a contract they created by making the offer in game.

Then the developers should have changed the progress bar on the Conquest tab.

I see this for what it is, a breach of contract. They show 50,000 is all that is needed to reach conquest per character for this week. If they do not reward those characters that have reached 50,000 they have breached a contract they created by making the offer in game.

50k is all that is required for the personal character rewards, which you get when the character completes that goal immediately. The 100k is for characters in guilds to receive the reward for the guild also reaching its goal, which is calculated on Tuesday. Two separate things.

Also, people who are not lawyers really need to stop pretending they know anything about the law. There is no contract here, other than the one you sign when you accept the EULA.

50k is all that is required for the personal character rewards, which you get when the character completes that goal immediately. The 100k is for characters in guilds to receive the reward for the guild also reaching its goal, which is calculated on Tuesday. Two separate things.

Also, people who are not lawyers really need to stop pretending they know anything about the law. There is no contract here, other than the one you sign when you accept the EULA.

So you are a lawyer?