R-4 Anomaly Bosses on PTS

JackieKo

Call me simple minded but you fixed one of the mains bugs I care about. Companion Unify colors is now WORKING also on the PTS! This was my main complaint! You also fixed the UI that hurt my eyes and I can now see my talent choices clearly. This FIXED UI is sooo much better!!!!!!!

Good Job on that. I wish the 7.0 had gone live with the UI how it is on the PTS now. You would have had far less complaints!

Companion unify colors is mostly fixed.

They didn't touch the way all the slots shift to the left by one when a companion can't have a headgear slot (putting the bracers where the headgear should go, etc) and the unify color slots are still in the wrong spots (leading to there being a unify color slot on the chestpiece and the customization slots, but not on the gloves since those are in the spot where the chestpiece is supposed to be). Since unify colors sort of works now, we can now see that this leads to the unify color slots not matching the gear piece they're showing up on, leading to things like ticking the unify color option on the belt and it unifying your boots to the chestpiece.

I realize my explanation may not be entirely clear, but screenshots may help, so: Here's what Rusk's armor slots look like. Here's what it looks like when I untick the unify color option on his belt.

I'm making this post because I want to point out how great of an example this is of what they're using the PTS for at this point. This issue above exists on the live server, you just can't tell how bad it is since the unify color options are completely broken. What that shows is that they didn't test this at all, or they only tested a very narrow set of circumstances. So they're expecting us to do the basic testing they should be doing before they present this stuff to us, and labeling it as a PTS to pretend like they want feedback. They don't want feedback, they want free QA testing that they're unwilling to do themselves. That kind of thing is what led to the buggy mess of an update that 7.0 was in the first place.

Hi all,

Reiterating that many fixes to bugs that were reported are included in this phase of PTS. Please refer to this statement.

"Important note! This phase of PTS includes many fixes we intend on deploying in the next update. This update will be heavily focused on bug fixes and is intended to go out before the patch that contains the R-4 Operation goes live. Some specific callouts are included below to ensure that a number of visual changes address accessibility concerns."

I encourage you check out PTS to not only test the bosses, but also see the fixes that have been applied.

It would probably be helpful if you also posted this information on threads outside of PTS. At least the Known Issues sticky. That way more impacted players have a chance to see it.

Jackie,

Respectfully, can you put into writing that BW will actually listen to our feedback this time? If not, why should anyone waste time downloading or testing. We have tested in the past, given feedback and watched as everything we said was ignored.

Also, no offense but I for one do not care much for testing the Operations bosses. Can we just worry about fixing all the other issues first? From BW's track record, releasing additional bosses means additional bugs.

I agree

I encourage you check out PTS to not only test the bosses, but also see the fixes that have been applied.

Dear Jackie,

thank you for your offer to participate as an unpaid tester for your game again.

Contrary to previous times, I unfortunately have to decline your offer, as it doesn't meet the conditions under which I would be willing to do unpaid work for BW from now on.

Should your conditions change in the future, be it on a paid basis or with a certain respect for my work, for example in the form of adequate communication from the devs and/or producers as well as community managers, granting me my earned PTS-rewards, or actually considering my feedback instead of completely ignoring it (or being unable to do something with/about it), I might reconsider.

For now, I wish you good luck finding testers who you have not alienated yet.

Kind regards,

JattaGin

Dear Jackie,

thank you for your offer to participate as an unpaid tester for your game again.

Contrary to previous times, I unfortunately have to decline your offer, as it doesn't meet the conditions under which I would be willing to do unpaid work for BW from now on.

Should your conditions change in the future, be it on a paid basis or with a certain respect for my work, for example in the form of adequate communication from the devs and/or producers as well as community managers, granting me my earned PTS-rewards, or actually considering my feedback instead of completely ignoring it (or being unable to do something with/about it), I might reconsider.

Kind regards,

JattaGin

Well said and 100% agree!

Hi all,

Reiterating that many fixes to bugs that were reported are included in this phase of PTS. Please refer to this statement.

"Important note! This phase of PTS includes many fixes we intend on deploying in the next update. This update will be heavily focused on bug fixes and is intended to go out before the patch that contains the R-4 Operation goes live. Some specific callouts are included below to ensure that a number of visual changes address accessibility concerns."

How are we to distinguish bug fixes vs. intentional design when...

You don't give us PTS patch notes? If there are many fixes, why not list them so we could specifically test. :rak_02:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Dear Jackie,

Kind regards,

JattaGin

This ^

So much this

Ran the Malgus fight a few times and didn't experience any bugs, I hear it can be random though so maybe I just got lucky. Either way I hope those solutions end up working, you guys should go on the live server if you can't find it on the dev server. Edited by DarthZeroe

Just an honest question....

If there are bug fixes implemented good enough to put on the test server, why aren't they just applied to the live server, I mean if they are still broken then they are still broken and no harm done but if the fixes do actually work why not skip the step of putting them on the PTS first?

Also, if there are bug fixes and the best way to do things is to check them first on PTS, why not give us a full list of the ones that you believe are now fixed... I mean the list was so long you had to use Ctrl F to find your favourite.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

A new PTS patch was released today. I've added a changelog to the the status update post so all of you are aware of what has changed with the bosses. Thank you to everyone who has offered feedback and sent in videos of their experiences with the boss encounters. They have been very helpful.

Additionally, Keith has made a follow up post here. I encourage you to read it if you have not yet as it does cover what we intend to do about PTS specific patch notes.

Thank you,

Jackie

Hi everyone,

A new PTS patch was released today. I've added a changelog to the the status update post so all of you are aware of what has changed with the bosses. Thank you to everyone who has offered feedback and sent in videos of their experiences with the boss encounters. They have been very helpful.

Additionally, Keith has made a follow up post here. I encourage you to read it if you have not yet as it does cover what we intend to do about PTS specific patch notes.

Thank you,

Jackie

While this phase of PTS is primarily about the new operation, since this is a partial 7.1 build, will we see weapons for the outfitter on PTS as well? It got excluded from 7.0 because it wasn't ready / testable back then, so I'm hoping it's still slated for 7.1 and we'll get to test it soon.

Hi all,

Jackie,

I was on the PTS all during the time with the changes you were bringing for the expansion that finally got released in February and yet all the bugs and stuff that were reported seemed to have been ignored. It wasn't until more people started complaining on the forums that the higher ups started paying attention. It was brought to their attention numerous times and yet you want us to go back and check out the changes and give another report, which more than likely will be ignore. I do not feel like going through all this again, I did over and over before 7.0 was released and what happened then. No, I do not blame you, as you are the messenger, so I am not going to shoot the messenger, but unless they start listening better and paying attention this is just a vicious circle that keeps going round and round as it doesn't seem to matter what the players say as they have already determined what they want in the game and it is not really in line with the players.

I do not do operations nor pvp, so unless something has actually changed with them actually listening, it would be a waste of time to go to the PTS to check the bugs to find out that it probably hasn't been fixed or worse, give a report about a bug and then again it not be addressed for months down the line because of the game losing subscribers.

Edited by casirabit

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

As Keith mentioned in his 7.0 follow up post, we have added the preliminary PTS Patch Notes to the Status Update/Known Issues/Changelog post.

It is imperative to know that this is not the final version of patch notes that will be released when 7.0.1 goes live. We are still working on and testing other fixes. This list is simply meant to be an overview of the bugs fixed that players can see in the current iteration of PTS.

Additional fixes and known issues can be added, updated, or removed in the final version of Patch Notes which will be posted here when 7.0.1 is ready to be released.

Edit: Realized this was on the wrong thread, so I copied it over there.

Some feedback (I'm one of the few who know the feedback will likely be ignored but would like to give as much info as possible so there are fewer bugs when it goes live and everyone else plays the game doesn't get burned out going against unkillable bosses.) Before we go into it, thank you for fixing a few of the other issues - though taking away the LOS interrupt...well, I'm not going to thank you for that change. Mostly thank you for making the boss killable. So far we've only killed the first boss. I may update this thread tomorrow when we pull the second boss.

My team went to work on the OP in Story mode today. A few thoughts

- There needs to be more warning in story mode for the floor fire. ESPECIALLY since story mode should be able to be completed by all players in the game. It was extremely difficult for experienced players to kill the boss with the uncleansable debuffs ticking on them, and this will be impossible for most story mode players to complete. I understand making it challenging - it should be - but most players are not at the skill levels of the sales teams on the servers, so when they get together for an op, it should be (In story mode) a bit more survivable.

- For story mode, I would also suggest reducing the number of clicks needed to drop the shields around the bombs. 2 would probably be better for story mode players.

- Story mode the end cast either needs to be longer or interruptable. Again, please take into account that most players are not on the level of the sales teams. Story should be difficult but not impossible for newer players.

- I do not like the size of the room. As a healer I spent most of my time running around to get in range of the other players to heal them. Even standing in mid often means you're out of range of the other players a lot. This is more of a personal complaint, but again, for story mode raiders this is something that really ups the challenge, especially with the fire and lazers going out and moving people around. It's very unfriendly for AOE heals, and very unfriendly for melee dps.

- Prior to starting the fight I pulled an invisible add with a kolto bomb which put us in combat...even without having pulled the boss. Please make it so the Kolto bombs won't pull the invisible adds in the walls.

- I can't comment on the graphics since (due to issues that no one is able to figure out) PTS is not loading on my new computer, so I was playing on my old toaster (which is able to run the pts but god forbid you try to have semi decent graphics on it or it will explode) but from what my team mates were saying it looked pretty good.

- Why does the first subway tunnel have an exhaustion zone and not the second? (Mostly curious and wondering if it's connected to an achievement)

- Overall, the concept is good. I think the dev(s) who came up with this are extremely Sadistic, but it will be challenging even in the new gear. However, if this op is one that you actually want pug groups to play using the group finder, the difficulty will need to be dropped a bit. Currently, everyone needs to be in voice chat communicating everything, and this is not typically possible in pug groups. I do not believe this op is currently at the skill level for the average pug group to complete. The feedback that I have gotten from other teams that have also tried this is that it is difficult (even for Nim raiders), and most who completed the op did so prior to the LOS interrupt 'fix'.

- Side note: The first boss did not drop loot. I know this is probably intended in the PTS, but please don't forget to change that when it goes live.

Edited by CeciliaW

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Update on the R-4 bosses for this phase of PTS. We will be removing access to the bosses this morning as we have completed testing for this stage. Thank you for all of your feedback! The VODs were especially helpful on helping us identify group behavior, their understanding of mechanics, etc... And don't worry, we will be back with more R-4 testing at a later time and I'll be posting details as soon as I can.

Thanks!