Aoe DR change for Marauder/Sentinel Feedback

NOFORKNKNIFE

Notes in question.

“Increases internal and elemental damage reduction by 3%. In addition, activating Bloodthirst reduces the damage you take from area effects by 30% for 20 seconds.”

&

"Force Crush / Force Exhaustion triggers Gravity Vortex, granting immunity to interrupts and all controlling effects and reducing damage taken from area effects by 15% for 6 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds"

=========

Annihilation

=========

So, I think the Overall change is quite good for Annihilation as it will give a use for it's overtuned healing in raids and in pvp as of current patch, Not to mention as a baseline Annihilation already has a 5% Additive DR bonus from Blood guard so it's not ridiculously low on DR will probably be able to sustain the loss.

====

Fury

====

I think that having it rotationally is good for Fury however i feel that being on 6s rotationally will not leave you the amount of movement necessary for it to help in pve (it'll just be helpful when it is and could be the death of you if things don't sit right) and due to it's lower *need* in pvp people will take mostly for the CC immunity

=======

Carnage

=======

I think that Carnage lacking the most in terms of Defensives as a base will struggle with the change in pve, But i think that the changes in pvp will not be that dramatic as i don't see it being taken in pvp in general.

======

General

======

However i think it being on BloodThirst in general makes it so useless in pvp and almost useless in pve. Some if not most Fights have a specific burn which you'll want to use multiple Raid Buffs together for a large gain which are not normally areas of huge Aoe DTPS increases.

Overall i think it just makes Carnage/Fury marauders a less wanted Class in raids as the DTPS will be high while we already have Medium armour compared to our PT/Jugg Friends.

Adaptations:

“Increases internal and elemental damage reduction by 3%. In addition, activating Bloodthirst reduces the damage you take from area effects by 30% for 20 seconds.”

Frenzy : It's a slightly shorter CD and is more disposable then BT while still being managable however still weak

Reduction : Reducing the overall Aoe DR to 20% but leaving it as a mod choice similar to pre 7.1 but making it a baseline passive.

Timer Dependant : Make it a buff granted after being in combat for 15s called "Battle Experience" That grants a 20% Aoe DR for the duration of the fight.

Dual Saber Throw : Using Dual saber throw Grants "Battle Awareness" Increasing your AoE DR by 20% for 15s

**issue being the different CD of DST for each Spec.**

"Force Crush / Force Exhaustion triggers Gravity Vortex, granting immunity to interrupts and all controlling effects and reducing damage taken from area effects by 15% for 6 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds"

Possible change :

Force Crush / Force Exhaustion triggers Gravity Vortex, granting immunity to interrupts and all controlling effects Using Dual saber throw while under Gravity Vortex grants Grants "Battle Awareness" Increasing your AoE DR by 20% for 15s" This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds"

This gives use of a non rotational ability which is technically slightly punishing to the rotation however will be a choice good players will be able to make to show experience and skill.

As Always if anyone wants to talk to me about the changes or give advice my Discord is below.

-Will (William#8623)

Played Carnage since 5.0 ( 2x Top 3 Ranked And NiM raider)

Edited by NOFORKNKNIFE

Carnage will still be wanted if it can offer comparable sustained DPS because it offers such significant burst and the armor debuff. Also, the Force Crush DR for Fury is on a 30s rate limit, making it super useless.

I think BioWare is more concerned with offering a balanced choices for each discipline. Right now, Defensive Roll is the clear winner in all situations in group PvE content because it's so much stronger than the other options. Maras could do with a slight nerf, though I agree that taking away AoE DR basically completely might be too much. Perhaps if they were to give Carnage additional DR per stack of its DR, perhaps so that it's 4-5% instead, I think that would help a lot. Fury's Seething Defense could also be adjusted or perhaps Furious Rage could be swapped to give DR instead of defense chance like Juggs have. Alternatively, Defensive Roll could give 15% AoE DR passively and then an additional 15% during Bloodthirst.

I do think the AoE DR on Bloodthirst is more useful than you give it credit for. I haven't looked into which burn phases technically deal single-target instead, but there are a lot of burn phases that at least look like they deal AoE damage, so the DR would be incredibly useful there, but as I said before, I think BioWare is trying to create a balanced choice where you'll change up which one you take depending on the situation.

Anni's self healing needs to be rebalanced directly. It can't offer almost half of the HPS of a single healer. That's way too much, especially while everyone else's self healing caps out at about half that and the combat style already offers exceptional raid utility with its debuffs, raid buff, and pred. It doesn't need more reasons for players to bring it.

I don't think BioWare needs to worry so much about the threshold of "why would you bring this if something else is better?" if everything is at least viable and there aren't any ridiculous outliers like Anni heals. The vast majority of players don't care to that degree