Just here to remind BioWare

DarthCasus

SWTOR is made of a ton of different modes, all of which touch in some ways. The fact that players who want to gear as fast as possible sometimes have to win three GSF games in a week is a fine thing, even if not every player in the world is able to play GSF at a level that they personally find acceptable. It's ultimately a pvp experience as well, so every game always makes at least as many losers as it does winners, and no one likes losing.

I used to be like you; discouraged and disheartened playing with so many deaths and defeats to my name. But I sought to improve, read guides, watch vids, asked for advice etc. and got good enough that I can call myself at least competent. You shouldn't play GSF (or any mode) if you're just grinding for points or crystals or whatever, you stick to it because you find it fun to play.

I used to be like you; discouraged and disheartened playing with so many deaths and defeats to my name. But I sought to improve, read guides, watch vids, asked for advice etc. and got good enough that I can call myself at least competent. You shouldn't play GSF (or any mode) if you're just grinding for points or crystals or whatever, you stick to it because you find it fun to play.

I really love this post!

Squiremarr if you're ever interested I'd like to offer you some of my time, we can just play some games, chat in voice or do some dedicated training or coaching. Please let me know if that's something you're interested in, feel free to make it a private message if you prefer that. :)

SWTOR is made of a ton of different modes, all of which touch in some ways. The fact that players who want to gear as fast as possible sometimes have to win three GSF games in a week is a fine thing, even if not every player in the world is able to play GSF at a level that they personally find acceptable. It's ultimately a pvp experience as well, so every game always makes at least as many losers as it does winners, and no one likes losing.

But the difference between being able to accomplish this compared to 4 MM flashpoints, 8 medals in 1 pvp match (lol) or an operation (LBLO) is that it's an extraneous amount of time and dedication needed to just get the ball rolling and it's in no way comparable to the other activities. No one complains about the other 3 options except for the 4 MM because 4 is not comparable to 8 medals or an Op but IT'S DOABLE. I'm not depressed or now an ardent hater of the game (you should have seen the first draft of this rant) but it keeps GSF in that negative corner of my mind and this is someone who's tried almost half a dozen times to work on the mechanics and understanding of builds far more than I've watched videos of mechanics for Ops and guess which I've done a quarter million times.

I've been watching this subforum for years and watching people who are passionate about a game mode I'd never give the time of day if it weren't Star Wars because of how ridiculously complex it is for a casual activity but after this week's timed weekly and forcing myself for the 5th time since GSF released, to try to read what seem to be dissertations to GET STARTED and at the very least not suck, I've given up. I can't do it.

Go watch this playlist:

It's just over half an hour long if you watch THE ENTIRE PLAYLIST but you don't need to watch all of it at once and nearly every video is under five minutes long. This isn't a very large time investment.

Join the GSF channel in game or the Discord server. Talk about the game. Ask questions. It's no different than anything else in the rest of the game and I'd argue not more complicated than the ground PVP game either in terms of number of abilities you might see used.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Listen up GSF aint just a girl u meet on tinder where u can take her to taco bell, buy her a 6 of bud lite lime and tell her u love her as a prerequisite to complete your quest. GSF is a lady that should be taken on comprehensive dates ranging from dinner & show candle lit steak dinner, the local jazz club and of course ice skating OR tobogganing IF your climate so obliges. Plan B u could take a nice walk in a park see some fall colors for bonus points and pack a picnic basket sandwiches seasonal fruits and a bottle of her favorite wine.

point is if u want to get with GSF u arent going to do it overnight. there will be a lot of late night kisses at her doorway where u walk away with a set of blues and hope for complete satisfaction another day. got it?

Edited by Krixarcs

I hate to say it, but DarthCasus is right. I know you're not getting a lot of support here, but I think it's embarrassingly lazy of EA to have GSF as their weekly for the third week in a row, especially with how unbalanced the teams so often are. I don't believe this game mode should have any impact on gearing.