Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Spirit of Vegeance Flashpoint Solo - Over Powered

Pricia
04.25.2021 , 08:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyUSEC View Post
I was on a merc with 274'ish gear and a influence level 50 Torian-- I wasn't able to do the actual story content, instead just getting the vanilla story level dungeon.

1) I was killed by the tentacles in the trap room. There was just no way to stand up to all that incoming damage.

2) I was killed by the second wave of adds in last boss encounter, but I was able to kill them next try, plus the final boss, by using the medical stations at the right moment. I focused on the adds in the doorway both times.
There's a bug with the tentacle room that nobody but me has reported - and obviously nothing's been done about it because it hasn't even been acknowledged - your companion doesn't follow you down the pit. You have to run to the elevator for him to actually come down.

HollyUSEC
04.25.2021 , 01:35 PM | #22
Yes, I noticed that and clean forgot about it. Thanks for the tip; I'll keep it in mind.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

martinterr
04.28.2021 , 03:56 PM | #23
People. About Gear...
Sorry, but this is a really BAD Joke!
Normally from manuals... show Flash Point should work with even 245 / 260.. about. Even in Manuals. ALL higher is called already " over Powered " .
BUT mostly in such way.
It is really great. You spend Money Monthly for " Abo " !
You pay Money for Clothes! ( Store, Real money / credits . NOT the ingame free given ones! ) .
Then you get off course these things to get your clothes higher... . Good, and that is awaited.

But then.. you have for 1!! Flashpoint to read. That your clothes, what you cared about, rated them up ( arming... ) become totally useless?? AND only with thrown down dress it works. Special, if you kicked already für 8 Levels these things too away, because you have your own whished.
This is WORSE then a Bad Joke.

Hadsil
04.28.2021 , 03:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
i just did it in 252 gear from ossus no tactcal at all - 166k life pool, 105% acc - just to see what the fuzz is about.
i had to use some def cds. but no medpac, no legacy abilities. no ccs. no stuns.
no problems at all.

to be fair. 1.5 years after the launch of an expansion its okay that bioware thinks that people have at least some gear.
252 gear was launched 2.5 years ago.

i dont know what people expect. do you really expect that you can start with level 1 and never ever have to change any gear piece?
do people even want to play? do they prefer the game to be a movie?
does anyone remember the times you actually had to interrupt, use def cds and cc's for the story?
there is nothing overtuned in this fp. if thats overtuned, than i dont know.
you can easily beat it in 2.5 year old gear with a lvl 1 companion.

the biggest question i have is: where is the problem on the officers kitchen?
there is no mob with more than 5 enemies.

all in all i need to whiteknight bioware here.
if the people complaining would put half the time they put into complaining into reading skill trees and getting gear, then they wouldnt have problems.
People expect to be able to play the game with the gear the game gives them just playing the game just as they always were able to do for everything beforehand. I have 272-278 gear because that's what the game gave me. I shouldn't have to do competitive play and grind for scores of millions of credits and thousands of tech components for who knows how many hours of combat playtime to get everything to 306 gear. For those players who like PvP Veteran and Master flashpoints and uprisings and operations and whatever people are talking about looking for HK components, enjoy. Have fun. For us Story players we want to be able to play the Story.

mike_carton
04.28.2021 , 05:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by martinterr View Post
People. About Gear...
Normally from manuals... show Flash Point should work with even 245 / 260.. about. Even in Manuals. ALL higher is called already " over Powered " .
BUT mostly in such way.
You pay Money for Clothes! ( Store, Real money / credits . NOT the ingame free given ones! ) .
Then you get off course these things to get your clothes higher... . Good, and that is awaited.

But then.. you have for 1!! Flashpoint to read. That your clothes, what you cared about, rated them up ( arming... ) become totally useless?? AND only with thrown down dress it works. Special, if you kicked already für 8 Levels these things too away, because you have your own whished.
Please write this up in your first language (Mother Tongue).
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Opiklo
04.28.2021 , 05:36 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Please write this up in your first language (Mother Tongue).
it smells like he is german.
but i dont get what he actually wants.
and btw i had no issues in 252 gear with 107% acc and no augments.
RiP Forum

eabevella
04.28.2021 , 11:26 PM | #27
When people say solo story mode SoV is STILL BROKEN. That people have been saying it's broken since day 1.
But we see no one complaining about solo story mode Secrets of the Enclave being too difficult so far.

That's where the problem is.

HiltoftheDragon
04.29.2021 , 05:56 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by martinterr View Post
People. About Gear...
BUT mostly in such way.

This post wins the internet.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."
ZiRe **** TEAM
Creedess **** Annakel

peddoluxe
04.29.2021 , 07:42 AM | #29
my brain melted with each sentence, MORE! hehe
But i somehow understood it (i am a german). To the topic: i ran that fp in solomode to get to the new story bits on imp side and it was a cakewalk compared to the first week of release, but even back then it was easier than master mode chapters (i completed them all solo), just took some time to kill the trash. With heroic moment and a bit of class mechanics knowledge this new nerfed version should be no problem. The tentacle room suprised me a bit, but was no problem with a marauder, dot dot smash gg

casirabit
04.29.2021 , 08:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hadsil View Post
People expect to be able to play the game with the gear the game gives them just playing the game just as they always were able to do for everything beforehand. I have 272-278 gear because that's what the game gave me. I shouldn't have to do competitive play and grind for scores of millions of credits and thousands of tech components for who knows how many hours of combat playtime to get everything to 306 gear. For those players who like PvP Veteran and Master flashpoints and uprisings and operations and whatever people are talking about looking for HK components, enjoy. Have fun. For us Story players we want to be able to play the Story.
I am a solo player and hate pvp and I have 2 of my characters in 306 gear. I do heroics and weeklies and get the fragments. I used the fragments first on the correct gear that is good for the character's spec and then go to the upgrade vendor in the fleet and exchange the fragments for mods, etc. Of course it will take you a bit to go through the gear as it gives you the next tier that you don't have but it doesn't require competitive play nor pvp to gear your character.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.