In which quest does the Jedi Knight defeat the Emperor?

AurellionDammit

Hi, I'm working on a storytelling video which is quite complex, which highlights some parts of the Emperor's life. One of these moments is his death at the hands of the Hero of Tython. I am predominantly a Sith Sorceror player, and as I wasn't able to dedicate the time to play other classes fully, I did not go through the Jedi knight storyline myself. So I just wanted to ask, for those who know this like the back of their hand, at what point does the Jedi Knight face the Emperor? Is it a questline at a certain level, a flashpoint? I'd like to capture some footage for the storytelling aspect, so I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

For context purposes, I currently have a lvl 44 Jedi Sentinel, so how far away am I from that moment when I face the Emperor? If it's close by, like a few days of gameplay, I can do that. But if it takes a long time + to level the character, I could simply tell the story of that part without the visuals.

Thanks so much in advance for any insight!

Hi, I'm working on a storytelling video which is quite complex, which highlights some parts of the Emperor's life. One of these moments is his death at the hands of the Hero of Tython. I am predominantly a Sith Sorceror player, and as I wasn't able to dedicate the time to play other classes fully, I did not go through the Jedi knight storyline myself. So I just wanted to ask, for those who know this like the back of their hand, at what point does the Jedi Knight face the Emperor?

This is all spoilers, first for the class story.

At the end of Chapter 2 (Balmorra(1)/Quesh/Hoth), the JK faces the Emperor and loses, badly, but later escapes with the aid of Lord Scourge.

At the end of Chapter 3 (Belsavis/Voss/Corellia), the JK goes to Dromund Kaas (er, an instance *called* Dromund Kaas, with the same scenery but no Impside players) and faces the Emperor's Voice (person possessed by the Emperor), but not the Emperor himself. This time, the JK wins, but does not manage to kill the actual Emperor.

And then for the "Revan" chapters.

Like all the other origin stories, the JK then kinda faces the Emperor again at the end of Shadow of Revan, on Yavin IV, although the Emperor barely notices you and goes away. After that, you see him again on Ziost in Rise of the Emperor, and as suggested by the title of the story, the Emperor wins again.

And then for the later chapters, Knights of the Fallen Empire (KotFE) and Knights of the Eternal Throne (KotET).

Like, again, all the other origin stories, the JK faces the Emperor again in KotFE and KotET. At the beginning of KotFE, he's in someone else's body (a dude called Valkorion), and you succeed in killing that body, but as in the end of Chapter 3, the Emperor himself is not killed, and he takes up residence alongside you in your character's head.

He stays there (despite his claims to the contrary) until the end of KotET, at which point you do, indeed, defeat him once and for all, just like in all the other origin stories.

But there's more.

Later on, in Echoes of Oblivion, you face a sort of echo or memory of the Emperor, and when you defeat that, then it's finally game over for him.

Is it a questline at a certain level, a flashpoint?

Neither of these, especially since "at a certain level" is largely meaningless these days, unless you change it to "at at least a certain level", because it's easy(2) to be overlevel for the content. It is, however, part of the main story.

For context purposes, I currently have a lvl 44 Jedi Sentinel, so how far away am I from that moment when I face the Emperor?

As noted above, it's not based on level, but on progression through the story. At level 44 you could be almost anywhere in the basic origin story, from the later parts of Tython to somewhere around mid-way through Voss. For reference, the main origin story is as below, with little interludes in certain places between planets:

* Prologue: Starter world (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban or Hutta)

* Prologue/Chapter 1: Capital world (Coruscant or Dromund Kaas)

* Chapter 1: Taris (Pub) or Balmorra (Imp)

* Chapter 1: Nar Shaddaa

* Chapter 1: Tatooine

* Chapter 1: Alderaan

* Chapter 2: Balmorra (Pub) or Taris (Imp)

* Chapter 2: Quesh

* Chapter 2: Hoth

* Chapter 3: Belsavis

* Chapter 3: Voss

* Chapter 3: Corellia

* Aftermath of Chapter 3

Depending on how far along that you are, and how long you play each day, "a few days" is anywhere from "completely impossible" to "trivial". If you play ten minutes a day, and you're still on Tython, no chance, but if you're doing Voss, and play twelve hours a day(3), easy.

(1) Remember that Pubside characters do Taris at the beginning of Chapter 1, just after leaving Coruscant, and Balmorra at the beginning of Chapter 2, just after finishing Alderaan. (For Impside characters, it's the other way around...)

(2) Some would say that it's too easy, but I won't go further on that matter.

(3) That's only partly a joke. I also play Guild Wars 2, right from the beginning when the servers opened three hours before the originally-scheduled beginning of Early Start. The first level 80 (max) character I saw was about 200 hours later (eight and a bit days), and the player claimed to have taken 100 hours to get there. That's basically twelve hours a day for eight and a half days...

This is all spoilers, first for the class story...

Thanks so much for the details. As it turns out, I had stopped playing the Jedi Knight story years back, at the point of Chapter 2, quite literally just one or two quests before meeting Scourge. It took me a day or two to get there, but I wrapped up Chapter 2 and chapter 3, and recorded everything I needed to, so thanks very much. It was a lot easier and clearer to do it after seeing your comment. I was considering to abandon the attempt for now, but simply knowing that I was very close to getting the quests I needed, it was worth the time investment :D

Also, despite not needing the details after it, thanks so much for that too. It serves as a neat rundown of everything to double-check that I have all my ducks in order :)