fake death play

you be in a group and be babysit same time, no friendly fire or buddy kill rate on their own players

yes spend the sword nearby friendly players don't do any harm at all, the sword goes through a friendly body with no damage!

real-world theme in-game there no drawback kill your own group or teammates none!

in this case, it sucks, no friendly kill at all. real war or firefight there is friendly kills it does happen! gameplay none!

flashpoint teams/ groups, PVP teams too for team/ groups

I mean, I don't speak Battlebug, but I'm guessing the OP is complaining that the lack of friendly fire damage in this game leads to a loss of the sense of immersion.

So, assuming my interpretation is correct, the OP offers no suggestions how this would be implemented. I can't imagine this would have widespread overwhelming support from the playerbase, but even if it did, I imagine the work involved would be astronomical, if not impossible with the current engine.

I mean, I don't speak Battlebug, but I'm guessing the OP is complaining that the lack of friendly fire damage in this game leads to a loss of the sense of immersion.

So, assuming my interpretation is correct, the OP offers no suggestions how this would be implemented. I can't imagine this would have widespread overwhelming support from the playerbase, but even if it did, I imagine the work involved would be astronomical, if not impossible with the current engine.

I doubt the game-mechanical aspect of making AoE abilities hurt everyone, friend or foe, rather than just foes, would be a huge amount of work, but rebalancing *everything* in the game would be a major chunk of work. (And it would have other effects, like when bosses put big cleaves through players and adds alike...)

And a better way to describe the general reaction would be ... hmm ..., well, [REDACTED]:eek: or [REDACTED]:eek::eek: or even [REDACTED]:eek::eek::eek: would be just the beginning of it, going rapidly downhill from there.

I doubt the game-mechanical aspect of making AoE abilities hurt everyone, friend or foe, rather than just foes, would be a huge amount of work, but rebalancing *everything* in the game would be a major chunk of work. (And it would have other effects, like when bosses put big cleaves through players and adds alike...)

Yes, I was definitely thinking of the balancing aspect. Interestingly enough though, there are already boss AoE abilities which ignore adds, and boss AoE abilities which do not, so there is already some sort of internal "flag". For example, the Ugnaughts are susceptible to the molten metal in the Grobthok encounter of Dread Fortress. Conversely, the droids in the final boss encounter of Secrets of the Enclave are not susceptible to the boss' AoEs.

For the record, this is an interesting thought experiment but I do not support integrating friendly fire damage into the game. There are far more important things that negatively affect immersion for me than the lack of friendly fire damage.