ban sales runs in 2022

fushnchips

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people want to spend in game credits to get an achievement or mount I don't see a problem with it. I won't do it personally, but that's my choice.

Why do you care if someone buys a run in the 1st place? It does not affect your gaming experience at all.

Edited by Toraak

Besides the fact there is no way to track who pays for content runs, there is nothing wrong with that practice in and of itself. Not everyone is in a guild, or even wants to be, and the group finder is not the most reliable thing, nor does it cover various content like certain Datacrons. Buying credits from the farmers and real money transactions are already against the rules of SWTOR and happen for more things than just content runs.

Ehh, spending in game currency for in game services is what you are looking to ban, and that is kinda dumb.

If the service isn't illegal, ie wintrading in ranked pvp, then it really isn't an issue. Like, are we going to ban the idea of giving people credit's who help you make a guild if you only have two friends on at that time?

If both activities are above board, then there is no issue with the combined activity logically.

I think this is a round about way to criticize 7.0 gearing. According to Bioware and a subsection of players, BiS gear should be locked behind NiM raids because it is only "earned" by people who run that content. However, if people can get carried in gear runs, they are bypassing the whole "earning" part and are just buying the gear, turning the whole gearing system into a pay to win scenario. Selling gear runs encourages players to spend real money to buy credits, which encourages bot farmers to make credits to sell, which further tanks the economy.

I think this is a round about way to criticize 7.0 gearing. According to Bioware and a subsection of players, BiS gear should be locked behind NiM raids because it is only "earned" by people who run that content. However, if people can get carried in gear runs, they are bypassing the whole "earning" part and are just buying the gear, turning the whole gearing system into a pay to win scenario. Selling gear runs encourages players to spend real money to buy credits, which encourages bot farmers to make credits to sell, which further tanks the economy.

Not only this as Damask_Rose states, it is involving real world money. Credits isn't the commodity of choice for this kind of raid and gear. They are demanding cartel crates. How many? Depends on the NiM op. Buying a raid ride is against the ToS/EULA. It involves RMT (Real Money Transactions) in that they are buying cartel crates and giving them to those charging for the "wait at the door" type carry.

It doesn't matter if there's just an achievement, mount, or highest level gear involved. It is wrong. However, as I've read through this tread, ambivalence and shoulder shrugging is apparent. It is for this very reason I quit playing Blade & Soul forever. Even when given proof of this to Team Blood they turned a blind eye to it. Square Enix on the other hand, will not tolerate RMTs of any type. In my book, it falls under cheating and gaming the system to get what one is too damned lazy to work for in the first place.

Oh, the second RL money is involved, you better believe EA will too.

Why would Bioware care about this? It only increases the revenue the Cartel Market produces. A couple months ago they were charging 15 billion credits or 10 hypercrates per run.

Bioware can't fight credit sellers who have bots running 24/7... you think they care about guilds charging hypercrates for runs?

Not only this as Damask_Rose states, it is involving real world money. Credits isn't the commodity of choice for this kind of raid and gear. They are demanding cartel crates. How many? Depends on the NiM op. Buying a raid ride is against the ToS/EULA. It involves RMT (Real Money Transactions) in that they are buying cartel crates and giving them to those charging for the "wait at the door" type carry.

It doesn't matter if there's just an achievement, mount, or highest level gear involved. It is wrong. However, as I've read through this tread, ambivalence and shoulder shrugging is apparent. It is for this very reason I quit playing Blade & Soul forever. Even when given proof of this to Team Blood they turned a blind eye to it. Square Enix on the other hand, will not tolerate RMTs of any type. In my book, it falls under cheating and gaming the system to get what one is too damned lazy to work for in the first place.

You have an interesting idea of RMT.

RMT is about players giving Real Money to other players as payment for game services or items.

When the Real Money goes to the game company it's obviously permitted.

I gotta tell you, Cartel Crates are not Real Money.

Selling content clears should be banned this type of thing gets people buying credits and even doing money transactions to other players it's only an achievement if you can't clear it why have it including the rewarded items.

I guess that really depends on how many people are actually buying credits from 3rd party sites. Which I’m assuming is your issue with this. Because what does it matter if people pay for or sell content runs? It should have zero affect on your gaming experience, so I don’t see the problem with it.

Can you explain to me how they are using CC’s (which can’t be transferred) as a currency? By what mechanism are they able to transfer CC’s to another player?

Can you explain to me how they are using CC’s (which can’t be transferred) as a currency? By what mechanism are they able to transfer CC’s to another player?

It's stated fairly clearly in the other posts above. The player buying the run spends CCs on Hypercrates (or credits if the prices are reachable these days) and then uses those crates as substitute currency.

Well, that's the theory that's being critiqued.

It's stated fairly clearly in the other posts above. The player buying the run spends CCs on Hypercrates (or credits if the prices are reachable these days) and then uses those crates as substitute currency.

Well, that's the theory that's being critiqued.

that's not just a theory. Credits are losing value so fast that smart investors are looking at hypercrates, name changes, and black/black dyes as longer term investments.

You have an interesting idea of RMT.

RMT is about players giving Real Money to other players as payment for game services or items.

When the Real Money goes to the game company it's obviously permitted.

I gotta tell you, Cartel Crates are not Real Money.

And buying Cartel Crates with Cartel Coins purchased from BW's site isn't real money transfer? Your miserable 500 CCs you get for a sub per month isn't going to count either. You'll have to spend your money to purchase cartel coins required for the amount of crates they demand.

You (speaking figuratively) use your credit card or whatever payment service. Purchase 5400 CCs for $42 (tax included). Then you buy max number of crates for 5400 CCs. You then give said raid member said 30+ crates to be taken into the NiM ops for the gear.

That is the definition and example of a RMT transaction. Everyone should read ToS/EULA concerning this action. This is also what is called Pay To Win as it directly affects the player's ability to play the game granting them the highest level of gear for the cost of the crates purchased with real money. There is no disputing this.

As I said, Blade & Soul turned a blind eye (as one stated above) it filled their coffers so they didn't care. In B & S case, it is purchasing gold to give directly to the raid members. Depending on the raid costs could be low as 300 gold to as high as 5000.

Though I love the amazing story, setting, and game play of B & S I will never play it again because Team Blood refused to put a stop to it. Should BioWare do the same thing here, I will do the same thing. And those who just shrug saying, 'well that's okay for me if they want to do that,' are enabling this act turning a blind eye to it with nothing more than a shrug. Ambivalence and Apathy allows this to happen without a doubt.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

You (speaking figuratively) use your credit card or whatever payment service. Purchase 5400 CCs for $42 (tax included). Then you buy max number of crates for 5400 CCs. You then give said raid member said 30+ crates to be taken into the NiM ops for the gear.

That is the definition and example of a RMT transaction. Everyone should read ToS/EULA concerning this action. This is also what is called Pay To Win as it directly affects the player's ability to play the game granting them the highest level of gear for the cost of the crates purchased with real money. There is no disputing this.

It's not an RMT transaction (not a disallowed kind at any rate). Because the people being paid don't actually get a cent of real money. What they get is hyper crates, which aren't money. It's similar to this: I can go and buy a bunch of hypercrates using CC I paid real money for. Then I can sell these hypercrates to other players for credits.

Does that count as RMT? Well that depends on how exactly you define it, but it is by no means disallowed. Sure I pad real money for it, but that money goes to Bioware. No other player ever sees a dime of that money. Just like in your example of a sale run. Paying credits to get carried through content simply isn't disallowed by any of the rules Bioware has set in this game.

Edited by AdjeYo

If people want to spend in game credits to get an achievement or mount I don't see a problem with it. I won't do it personally, but that's my choice.

Why do you care if someone buys a run in the 1st place? It does not affect your gaming experience at all.

Personally, I don't care. But I can see how someone who spent the time and effort to actually get a reward or achievement being a bit miffed that someone else can just "buy" it.

It would be like training for 4 years to win a gold medal in Olympic swimming, only to end up standing on the podium next to some [redacted] who got towed through the water by a motorboat. 🙄

It basically makes the "achievements", worthless.

I know that RMTs were a "thing" in WoW.

Step 1 - Either buy or seller advertises in chat

Step 1a - Buyer joins known run seller's Discord / Ventrillo / TeamSpeak

Step 2 - Seller ensures buyer is legit

Step 3 - Seller directs buyer to seller's Paypal / (possibly) Bit coin / or other digital "Wallet"

Step 4 - Buyer deposits $X.00.

Step 4a - Seller confirms deposit

Step 5 - Team is already put together, run is done, buyer has {WIDGETS}

Selling content clears should be banned this type of thing gets people buying credits and even doing money transactions to other players it's only an achievement if you can't clear it why have it including the rewarded items.

Not the fault of the seller if the buyer buys credits. As far as we know its all legitmate

Its ok to be wrong. We sell for credits