Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

7.1 Mercenary DPS Changes On PTS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
7.1 Mercenary DPS Changes On PTS

Gyronamics
07.31.2022 , 01:27 PM | #41
I'm informed Missile Blast will grant 2 Supercharge Stacks (when triggered) in 7.1

This fixes the garbage niche that Missile Blast currently has of almost never being used. I personally thought 1 stack would do it yet they've gone with 2 so better than expected.

But I also mentioned Unload also being forced out of common use, being inferior to Power Shot and Rapid Shots spam by not generating Supercharge stacks and that doesn't seem to be getting changed.

I'll see what the full notes say on Monday.

Spoiler
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Gyronamics
08.03.2022 , 06:29 PM | #42
The final change of +2 Supercharge stacks to Missile Blast has improved matters.

- Missile Blast is being used consistently in execute (sub 30% hp) range

- The perk of Volatile Cinders is probably now the strongest single target perk at L23, albeit requiring more micromanaging than the passive perk of Incendiary Ignition.

So Missile Blast is finally being used in its role, it's perks have value and the change was an overall damage increase.

Qualms:

Volatile Warhead (passive) grants Volatile Warhead (active buff) sub 30% hp on a 15s CD
Volatile Cinders grants Volatile Warhead (active buff) at any % hp on a 10s CD

These are two separate cooldowns granting the same buff and sub-30% hp the random procs override each other, denying the player value.

Can Volatile Warhead (active buff) be allowed to stack up to 2 to account for sub-30% hp having both passives generating the buff at the same time.

I have no idea if I'm beating a dead horse on this matter but I repeat that Unload, having no similar treatment of being granted Supercharge stacks, remains and will remain exceptionally low usage despite being:

- An iconic ability
- An Innovative Particle Accelerator generator
- Having the perks of Thrill of the Hunt at L64 dedicated to it and Ordnance Expert at L73 including it.

2 stacks of Supercharge will give it the value to be a swap in for any 2 out of Power Shot, Rapid Shots and Missile Blast instead of having an ideal usage of once in any sustained fight.

See the post above for me quoting myself for further details.
Hotwired

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Gyronamics
08.04.2022 , 05:23 AM | #43
Quality of Life Issues
(redone with examples)

Supercharged Burn scales negatively with alacrity

Innovative Ordinance
Supercharged Burn will lose damage ticks the more alacrity you have

DEMO
- Two Supercharged Burns are demonstrated
- The first at 0 alacrity does 9 ticks
- The second at 17% alacrity does 7 ticks
Spoiler

Rotational mechanics disabled by missed attacks

Arsenal
Tracer Beacon is a rotational mechanic of an instant Tracer Missile granted by Priming Shot
Priming Shot will fail to grant this if it misses

DEMO
- Two Priming Shots are demonstrated
- The second misses, and fails to grant the Tracer Beacon buff

Innovative Ordinance
Speed to Burn is a rotational mechanic of an instant Power Shot/Serrated Shot/Rapid Scan granted by Mag Shot
Mag Shot will fail to grant this if it misses

DEMO
- Two Mag Shots are demonstrated
- The second misses, and fails to grant the Speed to Burn buff
Spoiler

Undesired juggling of Speed to Burn between the two Mag Shots in rotation

Innovative Ordinance
Speed to Burn has a cooldown of 15s and activates on a Mag Shot hit, however there are 2 Mag Shots per 15s rotation and the mechanic of Speed to Burn can be dislocated from the Mag Shot you wanted it on to the other Mag Shot until you get the opportunity to reset the rotation

DEMO
- A rotation diagram shows the desired position to use the mechanic of Speed to Burn
- The second diagram shows the rotation change if Speed to Burn is forced to the second of the two Mag Shots by the first missing
- The third diagram shows a proposed solution

Spoiler

Innovative Particle Accelerator fails because of alacrity boosts

Innovative Ordinance
Innovative Particle Accelerator will fail because of alacrity boosts between procs

DEMO
- Two reset attempts are demonstrated
- The first successfully resets Mag Shot (the #2 key) at the end
- The second includes an activation of Supercharged Celerity adding 10% alacrity and the reset attempt fails at the end

Arsenal
Barrage does not fail the same test of an alacrity boost between procs

DEMO
- Two reset attempts are demonstrated
- The first successfully resets Blazing Bolts (the #2 key) at the end
- The second includes an activation of Supercharged Celerity adding 10% alacrity but the reset attempt succeeds anyway.

Additional diagram for clarity: DEMO

Spoiler

Innovative Particle Accelerator fails with no alacrity boosts also

Innovative Ordinance
Innovative Particle Accelerator fails its reset if your alacrity is in a wide band around 2000.

DEMO
- Three sets of resets are demonstrated, 0%, 7.63% and 9.78%
- Each set checks the timing difference between variations of full instant to full cast fillers between resets
- 0% alacrity always works
- 7.63% fails with too many instant fillers
- 9.78% always works

Spoiler

None of these issues for Mercenary DPS behave as a player would expect, some are clearly bugs, some are unfortunate design and it doesn't need anything particularly horrific to change them for the better.

The suggestion for redoing IPA and Barrage is the only major one but it would accordingly be a large QoL improvement over the suggestion of merely changing a timing.
Hotwired