What I would have done or wanted to see for 7.0

SeCKSEgai

As my sub ends for probably the last time I wanted to leave with this.

I hated the rng heavy renown system, but still it had its merits, especially compared to whats proposed on PTS now.

If the constant deconstructing of trash was negatively influencing the economy -- instead of it giving almost guaranteed junk, tech frags or another universal currency would have been fine. Doing stuff on PTS without renown system felt empty as if you were doing all that work for peanuts.

I get that there are "reasons" for pruning but I would have been far more careful in my choices focusing heavily on the least used abilities and finding spots to integrate the old utilities. Raising level cap and taking away powers just doesn't go over well. Combined with the junky gear, leveling up to get weaker won't work.

New content is great but as I was there for the gap between tyth and the sisters, I no longer expect "new operation" level content. What I do expect are bug fixes though. Bugged nodes. Npcs falling through terrain. Scripted fights getting out of sync and throwing of mechanics... I mean the other weak was doing bonus boss on korriban excursion in mm and the gunslinger got knocked through the terrain, despite back being near or against wall. On PTS my shadow stride sent me under the floor on Makeb.

Suffice it to say -- new content isn't nearly as appealing as fixes for long time issues (at least for me).

6.0 helped mitigate rng by placing most of the sets on vendors. It could have eliminated it all by placing them all on vendors. It also had a lot of junk bonus sets. Most classes only had one "real" set bonus worth using outside of specialized ranked pvp. I spent far more gambling on junk than I did actually putting sets on my 30+ lvl 75 alts. I just spent hours this morning cleaning up junk sets for more gambling frags. If anything, the limited rate of fragments coming in prevented me from wasting even more credits.

Shiny and new doesn't equate to much. While I'm sure quite a bit of work went into new flashpoint, I would have much rather had more bug fixes. I mean even the story mode aspect of the fp was scaled poorly for one boss. I can't emphasize how little the new content means when bugfixes and quality of life changes would mean so much more.

I'm sure there's more I would have added and probably sorted this a bit better but I want to post before I lose the ability to do that too.

I wanted to see old bug fixes - pets disappearing when loading, courting gifts broken etc.

I wanted a hood off option.

I wanted to be able to set a PRICE PER ITEM on the GTN (still can't believe there isn't one after 10 YEARS)

And way more story than what we are getting.

What I didn't want to see is a nerf to all classes and the loss of renown and moddable gear.

Edited by Pricia