Game Update 6.3 ‘The Dark Descent’ is live!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Earlier today we launch Game Update 6.3 'The Dark Descent'! In it we added a new Flashpoint called Secret of the Enclave, the first Galactic Season, and started Ranked PvP Season 14.

In this article you can find a summary for all of those aspects of the update, as well as links to more in-depth information resources.

I've seen a few people ask, but we don't have any plans on adding new music to our YouTube channel that is centered around Game Update 6.3 (yet). The team is still discussing that and if anything is uploaded, I will create a new forum thread to notify everyone here in the Forums!

Edited by JackieKo

Hey everyone!

Earlier today we launch Game Update 6.3 'The Dark Descent'! In it we added a new Flashpoint called Secret of the Enclave, the first Galactic Season, and started Ranked PvP Season 14.

In this article you can find a summary for all of those aspects of the update, as well as links to more in-depth information resources.

I've seen a few people ask, but we don't have any plans on adding new music to our YouTube channel that is centered around Game Update 6.3 (yet). The team is still discussing that and if anything is uploaded, I will create a new forum thread to notify everyone here in the Forums!

hi Daniel , just curious: Any idea what happened to that super cool 'Malgus vs. Satele' fight-sequence we saw a glimpse of during last game update (which showed only ONCE just after launching SWTOR, before character selection screen, but then never showed up again) ...?

Will we ever see it again? And if not, why not? And if yes, any ETA?

Thanks.

Edited by Nee-Elder
that pre-game 'fight sequence' was SOO AWESOME ... please bring it back! Please?

In the new "Secrets of the Enclave" FP, I noticed that my toolbars won't lock anymore (while in the FP). Keep hitting the padlock and it stays unlocked. Kinda annoying during a boss fight.

Same with me -- only it has totally messed up my play with one toon --

after fixing it by logging out -- am unable to move and totally frozen now in the flashpoint -- not fun at all

so much for this toon ( all because the bar refused to lock )

Thread in "Bug Report " , so not just us -- can you guys fix it ?

Edited by Tashia

The new FP is PERFECT in SM thank you, however Rass Ordo is Useless in the last mob of the final boss fight in SoV the rest of what you fixed there is okay the mobs are still too strong though, may we have a SM God-bot please.:(

They should have offered the bot to start with for people who have trouble. Instead of nerfing everything else into the ground as usual. It’s way too simple now and totally unchallenging for me.

Myself and others did suggest this. But Bioware would rather cater to people with the lowest skill in the game and make content with no challenge.

They should have offered the bot to start with for people who have trouble. Instead of nerfing everything else into the ground as usual. It’s way too simple now and totally unchallenging for me.

Myself and others did suggest this. But Bioware would rather cater to people with the lowest skill in the game and make content with no challenge.

The bot would be handy for those that want it, but it needs a way to be switched off.

The Combat Support Droid - where available - also shows up as a buff on the player's buff-bar when activated; it can be dismissed by right-clicking the buff. Of course, you don't get a Combat Support Droid anymore starting with the traitor storyline.

The Combat Support Droid - where available - also shows up as a buff on the player's buff-bar when activated; it can be dismissed by right-clicking the buff. Of course, you don't get a Combat Support Droid anymore starting with the traitor storyline.

That's cool, didn't realise you could do that, although never really bothered looking. Thank you :)

Yeah, I never new you could do that either. It’s not every intuitive.

Played through the new storyline/update, and have positives and negatives.(Hopefully the devs or at least one reads through this, even if its a bit later and might be lost in the dev tracker pile :p )

Positives: 1. Blooming Galaxy that FP was fun! :D I LOVED the storyline, the call backs, the returning characters on both sides (Deceived was my favorite SWTOR book of the 4), hopefully we can team up with Aryn again in the future.

2. The new Galactic Seasons (its a battlepass) I'm glad we don't have to pay on top of our sub, leveling seems okish. (and if I did my math roughly right, i'll hit lv100 half way through the season)

3. I am SOOOOO GLAD you brought back Ranos (yeah I know there is a bug and your removing them, but hopefully you will get it fixed by the time I get 6 tokens in like 2-3 months) I have been waiting 6 years. I missed her the first time due to bugs (chp7 of KOTFE, Lady of Sorrows, the generator outside of her door was not clickable for 2 months, wasn't fixed till after the event ended.) so I am very glad about that, just hope you guys can fix the bugs in time. :D

4. The new kubaz companion I really thought was just going to be another copy and paste like all the other alien companions, but I was pleasantly surprised by that little back story in his alliance alert. (The Bi Noc storyline was/is still one of my favorite storylines SWTOR has done.)

Negatives: 1. Can one of the devs PLEASE explain to me why we can no longer help fellow players in the new flashpoint storylines? (if you need to do it in DM for design security reasons, thats fine. I just would like to know the design philosophy, reasoning and maybe coding issues? As to why.) All of the old ones we could, and non of the new ones since the Traitor storylines can. It kinda ruins the meaning of a MMO. Yeah, I get it. A lot of us players are good and can solo MM flashpoints easy all day long, but some other players can't and need help (like my friend). Plus we like to duo a lot of things and we can no long do it for the new content, so it puts a little damper on it for us. Now with the GSI "GOD" droid, they could manage a little bit, but ever since the GSI droid was removed, and replaced with WAY weaker companions, they have been having a VERY hard time completing the storylines (sometimes I have to complete it for them), and they lose interest in it because it is no longer fun but frustrating for them. And they had a VERY hard time with SoV (Spirit of Vengeance) FP, it took them almost 2 hours for the solo SM version, and almost as long for SoE (Secrets of the Encalve) and then it bugged and kicked them to the main screen and they had to redo the ENTIRE FP. (Also making ONLY new stroryline in FPs only is why this design philosophy is flawed. If you DC, you lose ALL progress and must restart. Where as with actual storyline instances, you don't lose as much.) So if this question could be answered, I would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. The Galactic Season Priority Objective missions. I think I understand why you guys put them in the Conquest tab (too piggyback on the coding system of the pop up achievement system), just wondering why they wern't put in the Galactic Seasons tab? (the one where the daily log in is), would make it less confusing for people. Also the reroll? I know its probably limited to only 1 reroll per day/week to make people experience different content. But either later on in the season or next season, could we have the ability to spend credits or TFs to reroll multiples times after the free reroll? I know a lot of people reroll on the GSF/pvp ones and try for the "Kill 75 mobs on <insert planet> because those are easier for them. But for me, those planet ones (and FPs) are beyond boring and take to long, especially because most everyone else is doing it as well. So just asking/providing feedback and asking for the ability to reroll multiple times at a cost.

3. With the Galactic Season tokens. I know it is designed to only get 15 (as a sub) per season. But I would to ask if there could be a way for people who hit max level before the season is over, could there be a way to earn extra tokens like every 5-10 levels beyond lv100? Only 1 per level 5-10 levels. Yeah, not everyone will get there, but just a little extra reward for those that make it there is all. (And these levels can NOT be bought with CC. Yeah you can buy up to lv100, but after that is must be earned since it is "extra".)

Ending: So thank you devs none the less for continuing to work on SWTOR. Been a Star Wars fan my entire life, and starting playing this game due to an injury (SWTOR was the only game I could play with one hand) and the storylines have resonated very deeply and emotionally with me over the years. And yeah I know, the day the servers get shut down will be a VERY sad day for me. But thank you none the less devs. ALL of you. Even if you make designs I don't like, or make some dumb mistake, you still keep trying. Here's too more years of SWTOR! :D

P.S. You finally fixed the 100 foot hole in the Corllia Zoo! LOL :D

How do I unlock the Mythran armor set in Collections?

The Collections window now has a helpful "Galactic Seasons" (expandable) section in the left side pane. The armor sets are there. You'd first need to get the armor as GS rewards before being able to unlock there. So, it'd not be possible during this Collections Unlock Sale.

The Collections window now has a helpful "Galactic Seasons" (expandable) section in the left side pane. The armor sets are there. You'd first need to get the armor as GS rewards before being able to unlock there. So, it'd not be possible during this Collections Unlock Sale.

I somehow hadn't noticed the new Galactic Seasons section. Thanks! That's pretty convenient, I had originally found the Mythran set under the Armor section.

However, it is still showing 0/6 items collected. I've claimed them, they're all in the inventory of one character, and I've even tried having that character wear them. Is there something else I need to do to collect them?

Normally, you'd put them on a character to get a warning that it'll be bound. You'd say yes, repeating it for all items. At that point they'd become collectible across the account.

The Mythran set seems have only 6 pieces in the rewards track. Unusually for such cases, it is missing the bracers; it is usually the helmet that will be not included. This might prevent it from being unlocked. This might need to be written up by somebody as a bug.

The Mythran Hunter set, on the other hand, seems to have all 7 pieces available as rewards later in the season.

Edited by mike_carton

Well i know it will not fit here but i dont care.... WHY THE HELL DONT PATCH IT SELF THE GAME AFTER A MAINTANCE OR UPDATE? I have a bit old laptop so i need 1 and a half day to update from 1.0 to the current version and i WONT do it again... its really annoying... do something about it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, not done the previous grindy one shot FP.

Is that less aggro now or should I just wait for content that lets me skip it?

Story player so I solo content.

No interest in grouping.

Should I just stick to content I like?

Assuming the answer is yes.

Edited by Rammboo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this patch schedule where one patch has the new flashpoint and the next is the housekeeping stuff with a bit of dialogue, as opposed to lumping it all together in one patch. Not only is it friendlier to places with slow internet (where I live) by keeping the overall patch size down, but having the lots of talking in one patch and then some talking and the story fp in the next breaks up the talking a bit. In the original stories there are points where the pace drags even though the dialogue is good.

Also, the new story director isn't getting paid enough. I don't know what she's paid, but it's not enough. This new content is leagues above KOTET/KOTFE. I love all the little bits of class-specific dialogue everywhere. And Arn's force-blind speech vs. his speech when it's just Aryn last patch? Gold. Love it.