Galatic Seasons - Daily Priority Objectives - More Options Please!

Jazulfi

I suspect this is very much designed to be the way it is but I'd love some more solo-friendly daily options. I really really really don't want to do PvP/Starfighter stuff. My only interest is therefore the daily heroics.

Please?

Update:- If you're here because you'd like more options too - just in case you didn't know either (I didn't) you can re-roll one of the dailies every day, and I *think* one of the weeklies once every week. I'm not completely certain I've got the system right but wanted to mention it.

And, there are more than just heroics as the solo dailies, I hadn't understood this when I wrote the post originally. :)

o/

Edited by Jazulfi

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect this is very much designed to be the way it is but I'd love some more group-friendly daily options. I really really really don't want to do Solo stuff. My only interest is therefore the PVP and Raid.

So they must lisent to you, me or they think about it and the dailies are solo AND group content?

Yeah grouping up with friends in an online game, who would want that?

people who don't have friends to play with, who's friends left the game because one one bad decision after another, who themselves are barely hanging in there.

Or people who don't like the toxic &*^% you get in groups these days, especially PvP, and unfortunately GSF is starting to head the same way

Or people who don't deal well with others, can't take the stress of dealing with others, and just like to treat this as a solo game, with multiplayer options if people choose.

I'm sure I've missed others....

I'm with you OP. I rerolled and thankfully got two solo options.

But I'm not so excited about eventually having to do something I hate just to get my dailies done.

You can reroll? O.o

Edit: OMG you can reroll!! Thank you thank you thank you - I would never have noticed that teeny tiny reroll symbol if you hadn't mentioned it!! *massive gamer hugs*

Edited by Jazulfi

people who don't have friends to play with, who's friends left the game because one one bad decision after another, who themselves are barely hanging in there.

Or people who don't like the toxic &*^% you get in groups these days, especially PvP, and unfortunately GSF is starting to head the same way

Or people who don't deal well with others, can't take the stress of dealing with others, and just like to treat this as a solo game, with multiplayer options if people choose.

All of the above - and some days, you just want to quickly get things done and not have to naff about with other people, particularly ones who get sneery about the way other people play the game. ;)

Yeah grouping up with friends in an online game, who would want that?

No one would want me in a group. I'm up and down from my keyboard constantly, it would be an exercise in frustration for all. Much easier if I solo, finding quick, easy spots to afk has never been an issue and I still get to enjoy the game whilst not bothering anyone else.

With all the forced grouping and pvp involved with this thing, it'll probably be another activity I end up ignoring as opposed to enjoying.

Edited by Suzsi

I'm really disappointed with the Galactic Seasons Weeklies. Started with Warzones and GS, which I assume everyone got? Then rerolled and got Ops Scum and Villainy/Nature of Progress, or multiple runs of Mountain Queen. I cant reroll either of them again, so I'm just stuck with two things I don't want to do in order to get the lions share of points this week.

Why? Who is this good for? How about just 2 standard weekly objectives that want you to complete any of a myriad array of objectives, 1 Ops, 5 flashpoints, 5 warzones, 5 GS matches, 3 different planet weekly quests, An ungodly amount of crafting resource collection, etc. Let people achieve the Season points however they want, but dont expect people who hate PVP, Ops, Group content to do those things. It's really not a very player friendly model and instead of getting me to want to play SWTOR more it's making me want to play it much less.

All this is also on top of the new story content that can be finished in under 2 hours... so what was the hope here? How was the content in this patch supposed to encourage people to stay subbed until whenever the next content drop will be?

I'm really disappointed with the Galactic Seasons Weeklies. Started with Warzones and GS, which I assume everyone got? Then rerolled and got Ops Scum and Villainy/Nature of Progress, or multiple runs of Mountain Queen. I cant reroll either of them again, so I'm just stuck with two things I don't want to do in order to get the lions share of points this week.

Why? Who is this good for? How about just 2 standard weekly objectives that want you to complete any of a myriad array of objectives, 1 Ops, 5 flashpoints, 5 warzones, 5 GS matches, 3 different planet weekly quests, An ungodly amount of crafting resource collection, etc. Let people achieve the Season points however they want, but dont expect people who hate PVP, Ops, Group content to do those things. It's really not a very player friendly model and instead of getting me to want to play SWTOR more it's making me want to play it much less.

All this is also on top of the new story content that can be finished in under 2 hours... so what was the hope here? How was the content in this patch supposed to encourage people to stay subbed until whenever the next content drop will be?

Moving further and further away from play your way - to play our way or don't bother playing at all.

They'll never learn that RNG systems tend to *always* end badly for some people and are nothing more then a source of frustration as opposed to fun.

Do they change again on the daily reset? But yes, I agree, I hate being funnelled into content I don't want to play, it's not fun for anyone. *Hopefully* it will be tuned for more solo options once we get our bearings with it.

But I'm not so excited about eventually having to do something I hate just to get my dailies done.

Not tried to re-roll. Just thought, OK all the GS are group only, so thanks BW, but no...

Will try to re-roll tomorrow.

No one would want me in a group. I'm up and down from my keyboard constantly, it would be an exercise in frustration for all. Much easier if I solo, finding quick, easy spots to afk has never been an issue and I still get to enjoy the game whilst not bothering anyone else.

With all the forced grouping and pvp involved with this thing, it'll probably be another activity I end up ignoring as opposed to enjoying.

Many of us are in the same situation. It would be nice to just spend all my time just gaming and nothing else, but life go's on...

Given the sheer number of points that are needed there should be far, far more objectives than two daily and two weekly.

Also, I re-rolled and received Black Hole dailies. Should be ok right? Wrong, I had already done the Black Hole dailies before I re-rolled and the objective was automatically checked off but it didn't give me the points.

Given the sheer number of points that are needed there should be far, far more objectives than two daily and two weekly.

Also, I re-rolled and received Black Hole dailies. Should be ok right? Wrong, I had already done the Black Hole dailies before I re-rolled and the objective was automatically checked off but it didn't give me the points.

Oh that's big oof material for sure... ***. Did they think this through at all? They fed us all this bluster about "Play Your Way" with the addition of Renown and how everything rewards points and tech fragments and whatever, you'd be able to get your gear however you wanted to play the game. Then they launch this and it feels like a complete 180. Nevermind, we decided that we want you to play our way.

Sorry you miss out on a daily now, if you only did dailies it looks like you'd have to do damn near all of them to get all the content in one season.

Oh that's big oof material for sure... ***. Did they think this through at all? They fed us all this bluster about "Play Your Way" with the addition of Renown and how everything rewards points and tech fragments and whatever, you'd be able to get your gear however you wanted to play the game. Then they launch this and it feels like a complete 180. Nevermind, we decided that we want you to play our way.

Sorry you miss out on a daily now, if you only did dailies it looks like you'd have to do damn near all of them to get all the content in one season.

Looks like the weeklies are all bs group or PVP. If there is solo content in there - getting lucky enough to land on them is going to be a big pile of impossible.

Dailies- same deal. More solo content available there but could end up unlucky and wind up with none. Also it's a buggy mess (had the same issue with complete but no points).

Galactic Seasons poops all over solo players.

Why not have a simple toggle that askes what our preferred play style is and give daily + weekly objectives based off that? Or check boxes incase some want the option of a few different choices?

Enough with trying to force players into playing ways they aren't comfortable with/don't enjoy/can't play already. It's not that hard to give proper options so that everyone can play how they enjoy.

FUN should be the first goal of every game. Not how can we force people to do things they don't want to do?

Edited by Suzsi

YUP !! ( you missed one )

Some of us just simply have to work at a slower pace !! I like a good game .. just have to work at it a bit harder. consequently I'm just flat slow these days !!

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I don’t think operations should be in the group because that requires 8 or more people and if you’ve never don’t them before (like my wife) and go to pug them, people kick you from the group.

Is there a way we can at least have some more choice for the weekly. It’s not really a fair system if others can prevent you from doing it because they don’t like your gear or don’t think you are good enough or you are learning.

Also, any group queue activities require enough other people in the queue for it. Currently been sitting here for 15 mins waiting for star fighter to pop. Sadly, playing in Australia will always mean we have less people on at the same time as us.

lmao, stuff like this is why I read these forums, idk how long it would have taken me to spot that. do you have to pay for the reroll? Where is it exactly?

lmao, stuff like this is why I read these forums, idk how long it would have taken me to spot that. do you have to pay for the reroll? Where is it exactly?

you only get one, and it's free. At least it's the only one I've seen. And it resets both dailies, or weeklies, you don't even get to choose one. Totally stupid.