Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Grade 7 Space Missions TOO HARD!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlrikFassbauer
01.28.2021 , 11:01 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by farren_whyde View Post
And it's not ignorant to say that it is a L2P issue in response to the OP, who said it was too hard. It is a fair comment.
Wikipedia has an article on the "Curse Of Knowledge".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

It basically says that the curse consists of knowing too much to be able to imagine the lack of knowledge of lesser informed people.

Or, in short, L2P people are too good to even be able to imagine the problems of Newbies or of Casuals. They just can't.
These people are too good and know too much to be able to imagine what Newbies and Casuals see. They just can't.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

farren_whyde
01.28.2021 , 02:40 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Wikipedia has an article on the "Curse Of Knowledge".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_knowledge

It basically says that the curse consists of knowing too much to be able to imagine the lack of knowledge of lesser informed people.

Or, in short, L2P people are too good to even be able to imagine the problems of Newbies or of Casuals. They just can't.
These people are too good and know too much to be able to imagine what Newbies and Casuals see. They just can't.
We were all new to it at some point. We learned. We got better. Hence lots do empathise, because we went through the same. If you want to divide people up like that, go ahead. But that's not helping anyone. And a Wiki quote doesn't really do much. Complex minds don't always see simple solutions.
I'm just not a lightsaber kind of person.

Stradlin
01.29.2021 , 12:54 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Is anyone else experiencing a weird situation where some of the space pve missions suddenly stop resetting on weekly basis?

See here for full description:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988555

If you are experiencing anything like this, pls post about it @ bug report forums.

Got a response to this via customer support.
"We identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We'll fix it in a future game update."
So if anyone else is suffering from this, your suffering might come to an end one day!

Those here who keep finding these too hard,
Lorta/Hypori and Far Cradle/Regnant are the easiest two/four of the lot.
Any of these are good place to start. Consensus is that Lorta/Hypori are the easiest. i personally found Far Cradle/Regnant quite a bit more forgiving though.

merovejec
01.30.2021 , 04:49 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
Got a response to this via customer support.
"We identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We'll fix it in a future game update."
So if anyone else is suffering from this, your suffering might come to an end one day!

Those here who keep finding these too hard,
Lorta/Hypori and Far Cradle/Regnant are the easiest two/four of the lot.
Any of these are good place to start. Consensus is that Lorta/Hypori are the easiest. i personally found Far Cradle/Regnant quite a bit more forgiving though.
Well basically they can all be easy. This is a rail shooter with no random elements, which means that you just need to find the right pattern and when you got that you will just ve repeating it over and over and you will be finishing the missions.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Deadbladey
02.15.2021 , 12:47 PM | #135
Patch Notes for tomorrow's update:

Added Reputation Rewards to the following Missions:
Operation Midnight Freedom
Operation Searing Light
Operation Noble Gambit
Operation Ardent Wave
Operation Glory Cyclone
Operation Sunder Zero
Operation Grand Nova
Operation Silent Roar
Operation Echo Quake
Operation Eternal Domain
Operation Molten Splinter
Operation Rising Fury
Operation Sweeping Menace
Operation Raging Dawn
Free stuff if you click this link and use my referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/StmHqq

Char Name: Deadley (Sith Empire) - Server: Darth Malgus

merovejec
02.15.2021 , 12:54 PM | #136
Question is how much. If its too much then the whiners win again.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

robertthebard
02.15.2021 , 02:32 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Question is how much. If its too much then the whiners win again.
Hmm, wondering what it is, exactly, they'll win? Will getting their rep up let them face roll players in PvP or GSF? Will it be enough to make up for the rep a lot of us lost when we didn't notice we weren't getting it?

Or, is this just something else to whine about?
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

DarkTergon
02.15.2021 , 04:07 PM | #138
It's nice to see the changes, might reinvigorate space missions .

mike_carton
02.15.2021 , 05:26 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post

Hi all - we really appreciate the discussion! I wanted to let you know we're going to take a look at Reputation rewards for Grade 5 and below missions for a future update.
That was on Jan 22. On Feb 16 it's going live. Impressive. Pleasantly surprised. I had faith, so I upgraded every component from level 5/6 to level 7. That, along with brushing up the skills a little bit, should see me going for max reputation. Achievements are not as hard core, so I maxed them a while back.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

DarkTergon
02.15.2021 , 05:39 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
That was on Jan 22. On Feb 16 it's going live. Impressive. Pleasantly surprised. I had faith, so I upgraded every component from level 5/6 to level 7. That, along with brushing up the skills a little bit, should see me going for max reputation. Achievements are not as hard core, so I maxed them a while back.
Going to wait till CQ resets, then try them out myself, seeing as they've nerfed crafting, it's time to explore other options