Struggling defeating patrol droids from [Heroic 2+] Better Droids at Hoth

TriceraNL

So, As i am trying to make some money by doing daily heroic quests... I decided to go to Hoth for a change.

Now with this quest in particular called [HEROIC 2+] Better Droids. I was very much struggling defeating those patrol droids. Why? (you may ask) well... For some reason, they, or the other droids right next to it keep healing them(self) more then i can do damage which means, it makes it nearly impossible to defeat. (keyword) nearly)

Now did manage the quest eventually but it did'nt exactly went smooth as i, myself died once and the companion i used (Shae Vizla) that i set to DPS, twice, but that does'nt change the fact that i think they are ridiculously overpowered.

Sure... you could say "You are weak" but i highly doubt that because the character i tried to do these heroics with is a level 80 Jedi Sage with an item rating of 322 (with the full "noble" set from the fleet that you can also upgrade) which should be more then sufficient enough to do enough damage to kick all of their metal "behinds" (and that's putting it mildly). As you can tell from this... i am pretty "annoyed" by it, yet, still trying to keep my composure.

Keep in mind that i, the player behind the character, am someone with PDD-NOS (which is, in short, some kind of social disorder). So when commenting... please keep it civil.

This one can be deceiving because you are frequently fighting 3 or 4 enemies at a time. The temptation is to use AoE, especially when playing Sage, which has strong AoE. When you are leveling or don't have good gear, the best strategy is actually single target. Use Force Lift on Gold droids and your companion's 8 second stun on one of the Silver droids you're not fighting yet. That leaves just two Silver droids to deal with, much easier to damage through their healing. There is some technique to this, but you can get good at it with practice. Be sure to avoid your Telekinetic Wave. The AoE damage will break Force Lift and the companion's stun. When you get better gear, you will be able to bring them down with AoE, but until you get there, single target is slow and steady progress. Edited by ThanderSnB

This one can be deceiving because you are frequently fighting 3 or 4 enemies at a time. The temptation is to use AoE, especially when playing Sage, which has strong AoE. When you are leveling or don't have good gear, the best strategy is actually single target. Use Force Lift on Gold droids and your companion's 8 second stun on one of the Silver droids you're not fighting yet. That leaves just two Silver droids to deal with, much easier to damage through their healing. There is some technique to this, but you can get good at it with practice. Be sure to avoid your Telekinetic Wave. The AoE damage will break Force Lift and the companion's stun. When you get better gear, you will be able to bring them down with AoE, but until you get there, you single target is slow and steady progress.

So i looked at my available abilities. Turns out, Force Lift was'nt in there.

So then i looked at my discipline and had one ability called "Phase Walk" which i can and did replace with "Force Lift"

So i looked at my available abilities. Turns out, Force Lift was'nt in there.

So then i looked at my discipline and had one ability called "Phase Walk" which i can and did replace with "Force Lift"

That's one of the side effects of the new ability tree. I don't know why they give players Phase Walk by default. That's good in PvP and endgame PvE, but it's not very useful while leveling or soloing stuff. I guess maybe they think Phase Walk is a more "fun" ability (teleportation!).

That's one of the side effects of the new ability tree. I don't know why they give players Phase Walk by default. That's good in PvP and endgame PvE, but it's not very useful while leveling or soloing stuff. I guess maybe they think Phase Walk is a more "fun" ability (teleportation!).

Maybe they thought something along the lines of "Hey, this character is already max level, so we might as well set it to Phase Walk instead of Force Lift". Then again... i'm glad changing does'nt cost anything like it did in the past.

Still...

Does'nt change the fact that they are abit overpowered in my opinion

Edited by TriceraNL

So, anyways... To put it in short,

I tried defeating those droids on my level 80 Jedi Sage that has an item level of 322, which should be more then sufficient enough to do more then enough damage to destroy them fast but yet, they keep doing more heals then i can do damage, dying 1 time myself and my DPS companion (Shae Vizla) 2 times and i think it's ridiculous. I think they are ridiculously overpowered then and so, that NEEDS to change.

Have you tried using a healing companion? You might think that using a DPS companion would make things die quicker, but in this case....

Is the healing done by the droids 'interuptable'? Do all the droids heal, or are there 'healers' you should kill first?

Edited by JediQuaker

Have you tried using a healing companion? You might think that using a DPS companion would make things die quicker, but in this case....

Is the healing done by the droids 'interuptable'? Do all the droids heal, or are there 'healers' you should kill first?

Well... I did that first but i could'nt kill it myself, so i needed to do more DPS so i called out Shae Vizla instead.

Well... I did that first but i could'nt kill it myself, so i needed to do more DPS so i called out Shae Vizla instead.

You could also try using a different companion for DPS. I know Shae is supposed to be 'best', but maybe a melee DPS like Lana or Bowdaar would be better in this case.

You could also try using a different companion for DPS. I know Shae is supposed to be 'best', but maybe a melee DPS like Lana or Bowdaar would be better in this case.

Maybe you're right.

But then it might also be helpful to try and get the companion's affection level higher too.

Edited by TriceraNL

Another question I would ask?

What is the level of your gear (320/324).

It used to be okay but they have made some adjustments, so you are beginning back at square one if you have done these before with no trouble.

I found that out the hard way in Black Hole heroic. I did not have trouble before the new expansion on my consular but since they redid the gear, I found some trouble until I get better gear.

Another question I would ask?

What is the level of your gear (320/324).

I said (and i quote):

Sure... you could say "You are weak" but i highly doubt that because the character i tried to do these heroics with is a level 80 Jedi Sage with an item rating of 322 (with the full "noble" set from the fleet that you can also upgrade) which should be more then sufficient enough to do enough damage to kick all of their metal "behinds" (and that's putting it mildly).

You know...

I'm starting to think that this whole planet level scaling is'nt such a good idea after all.

I mean, sure... i get the fact that they want to make it so that doing certain content to be more challenging because alot of players thought that some content was too easy and i understand that, i really do. Infact, to be completely honest, i DO like a challenge too, but i feel like, with some content, level scaling it's just not... how shall i say? The solution to the problem?

Edited by TriceraNL