I have seen no one talking about this, maybe it's not allowed, sorry...

Joluka

The Mandalorian spoilers below:

Our boys are going to Tython. Tython, guys, the place we can go to right now in the game! This was, by far, what hyped me the most. Do y'all think it, or the Jedi Temple ruins, will look anything like in the game? That would be so awesome.

Edited by Joluka

It might not even be the same part of Tython. After all, on every single planet we visit in any part of SWTOR, even Hoth and Tatooine, we see a *tiny* part of the planet. Planets is big.

Well, dune sea and jundland wastes and anchorhead are all located in game and traveled to in A New Hope. I actually agree with you that we see a fraction of most planets, but it seems odd that we just happen to be exploring, in game, the same region of Tatooine as in ANH. For what it’s worth, the time it takes to drive a speeder from the Pit of Carkoon, to anchorhead, to jundland wastes, to dune sea... this was much longer in SWG, which of course is set thousands of years from this game. But I digress.

I mean it’s possible, perhaps even highly likely, that the city Luke references is not the same Anchorhead as in game, or even the same Anchorhead as in the original KOTOR where Revan found HK-47. For example, there was an ancient city of Philadelphia which is located in modern day Turkey, and yet we have at least two cities named after it in the modern United States (in Pennsylvania and in Mississippi). So, it’s possible that the city which was once a czerka outpost, then a major starport , then just a random medium sized city thousands of years later, isn’t even in the same geographic location, thus explaining why it would take Luke hours to drive his speeder from the Lars homestead way out into the Jundland wastes looking for Old Ben, when it takes us just a few minutes to do the same.

It might not even be the same part of Tython. After all, on every single planet we visit in any part of SWTOR, even Hoth and Tatooine, we see a *tiny* part of the planet. Planets is big.

SInce the jedi temple is mentioned specifically in the show, I guess, it will be the same area, we start in as jedis.

I was really excited about this until it turned out

Ahsoka

wasn't going with them.

If I could write anything...

Ahsoka would have gone to the Jedi Temple on Tython with the Mandalorian and Child (I hate the new name, he's still Baby Yoda to me, sorry!). Either through communing with Force ghosts or meeting with Luke Skywalker, she would have found out her best friend and beloved Master had not only been redeemed to the Light Side, he saved his son and killed the Emperor with his own bare hands (or at least thought he did, he really tried).

I would love to see Ahsoka find out that Anakin became a Jedi again before he died, so she can let her guilt go.

I was really excited about this until it turned out

Ahsoka

wasn't going with them.

If I could write anything...

Ahsoka would have gone to the Jedi Temple on Tython with the Mandalorian and Child (I hate the new name, he's still Baby Yoda to me, sorry!). Either through communing with Force ghosts or meeting with Luke Skywalker, she would have found out her best friend and beloved Master had not only been redeemed to the Light Side, he saved his son and killed the Emperor with his own bare hands (or at least thought he did, he really tried).

I would love to see Ahsoka find out that Anakin became a Jedi again before he died, so she can let her guilt go.

IMO ... It's not over yet.

Remember:

Ahsoka was also looking for someone else who IS a Jedi. She "formally" is not. It is that separation from the Jedi that kept her alive ( as far as we know, her decision to leave the order was one of the things that saved her life upon the command of order 66.

I also believe that this is one of the things that will be cleared up in this series.

ALSO:

As I mentioned in another thread ... by the time of the "Star Wars: A New Hope" literally several millennia have passed. That could lead to more than just one temple ruin. Yes Ahsoka was specific as to which part and use a singular reference : the temple.

IMO ... again this is why I'm understandably curious to see how well they handle this aspect of the new series. Thus far there has been a MUCH better presentation of "new material" while showing respect to past "history" or canon of the entire series.

So far ... so good !

Well, dune sea and jundland wastes and anchorhead are all located in game and traveled to in A New Hope. I actually agree with you that we see a fraction of most planets, but it seems odd that we just happen to be exploring, in game, the same region of Tatooine as in ANH. For what it’s worth, the time it takes to drive a speeder from the Pit of Carkoon, to anchorhead, to jundland wastes, to dune sea... this was much longer in SWG, which of course is set thousands of years from this game. But I digress.

The thing is, in a game, for ease of gameplay, they don't always make the time traveled equal the time it would actually take, because of gameplay considerations. I.e. you travel in your ship it takes the same amount of time to get from any one planet to another planet. There is also instant travel, which doesn't occur in the movies. You are assumed to "head-canon" it that it actually took you longer to get there than it does in the game.

Obstacles in the way can add to your time as well. For instance, it takes much less time for you to get from point A to point B in the Vanilla game on Voss than when you do the chapter in KOTFE with the walker :-)

Ok, how has it taken this long for someone to say this...

SWTOR = Legends

Mandalorian = Canon

Not even the same universe. Any visual similarities will be the result of them paying homage to what came before (ex. HK-97s in the most recent episode) and will have no lore implications whatsoever in regards to this game.

Ok, how has it taken this long for someone to say this...

SWTOR = Legends

Mandalorian = Canon

Not even the same universe. Any visual similarities will be the result of them paying homage to what came before (ex. HK-97s in the most recent episode) and will have no lore implications whatsoever in regards to this game.

You're probably right ... for the most part !! Yet it is interesting to see how "faint shadows" are there. The probability is that the SWTOR universe is using those "shadows" of the SW universe (canon ... of which the Mandalorian is doing a good job thus far) to incorporate into the game.

This makes a good connection for those of us playing the game. I personally understand what you are saying and agree that the two are separate. Do I expect to see "that sort of representation" in the Mandalorian ?? No ! This would be especially due to the time frame / setting of the two "universes" in which they are written.

I'm certain that there are other aspects to consider ... but this comes to my mind almost immediately !

Edited by OlBuzzard

You're probably right ... for the most part !! Yet it is interesting to see how "faint shadows" are there. The probability is that the SWTOR universe is using those "shadows" of the SW universe (canon ... of which the Mandalorian is doing a good job thus far) to incorporate into the game.

This makes a good connection for those of us playing the game. I personally understand what you are saying and agree that the two are separate. Do I expect to see "that sort of representation" in the Mandalorian ?? No ! This would be especially due to the time frame / setting of the two "universes" in which they are written.

I certain that there are other aspects to consider ... but this comes to my mind almost immediately !

I don't think there actually is very much to connect it to SWTOR, other than finding a ruined temple on a mountainous, terrestrial planet. Trouble is, Mando doesn't know anything about the planet, and He Who Has Just Been Named doesn't talk, so unless he meets someone there, it's unlikely we're going to get any real history lesson that would give an opportunity for name dropping things.

I don't think there actually is very much to connect it to SWTOR, other than finding a ruined temple on a mountainous, terrestrial planet. Trouble is, Mando doesn't know anything about the planet, and He Who Has Just Been Named doesn't talk, so unless he meets someone there, it's unlikely we're going to get any real history lesson that would give an opportunity for name dropping things.

Agreed ! We're both on the same page. But I am understandably curious as how the writers will handle it ! If there are more than a few "glimpses" of any artifacts that are familiar from either era ( SWTOR OR Mando) ... I'll be surprised ! As for any "name dropping" that would have to be either part of the Mandalorian past (bringing in yet a new piece of the puzzle) ... or the Jedi (with familiar names since episode 1). But there again .. I am curious as to see if the writers from Disney will handle it. The Mandalorian series thus far has been "reasonably" well done particularly when relying on a "TV series budget" .

I personally see this as an opportunity to see how well this story continues to unfold. My personal evaluation for this series: So far ... so good . I have found them much better in content than the first two Disney SW movies (the last one was pretty good). And for a TV series ... that IS good !

At any rate. I appreciate the conversation in this !

Thank You !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Ahsoka was also looking for someone else who IS a Jedi. She "formally" is not. It is that separation from the Jedi that kept her alive ( as far as we know, her decision to leave the order was one of the things that saved her life upon the command of order 66.

Well, according to the Clone Wars series...

Ahsoka wasn't saved from Order 66 by not being a Jedi. She was working for them when the Order hit and they did try to kill her. Fortunately, Captain Rex fought his inhibitor chip long enough to allow her to escape. During the escape, R7 and Ahsoka remove Rex's inhibitor chip.

As for who she could be looking for, she and Sabine Wren went on a quest to find Ezra Bridger. Since Grand Admiral Thrawn has returned and is alive, Ahsoka has every reason to believe Ezra is alive as well.

Edited by Xina_LA

Honestly, the mention of

Grand Admiral Thrawn

was really disappointing to me. I'm sure lots of folks freaked out because he's popular, but it's weird to me to introduce a threat like Gideon, do basically nothing to develop him, and then introduce an EU character that lots of folks watching the show have never even heard of.

Well, according to the Clone Wars series...

Ahsoka wasn't saved from Order 66 by not being a Jedi. She was working for them when the Order hit and they did try to kill her. Fortunately, Captain Rex fought his inhibitor chip long enough to allow her to escape. During the escape, R7 and Ahsoka remove Rex's inhibitor chip.

As for who she could be looking for, she and Sabine Wren went on a quest to find Ezra Bridger. Since Grand Admiral Thrawn has returned and is alive, Ahsoka has every reason to believe Ezra is alive as well.

Yes .. that is initially correct. Thanks for the reminder. Yet it was suggested (sorry I can't remember exactly where )

That the continued pursuit of Ahsoka by Anakin was due to a "lack of her direct connection to the force". Anakin could not sense her. Sort of like how Luke had became disconnected with the force in the last movie.

That said I do believe that you're statement is closer to the truth ... Anakin believed that she was dead. And yes I also remember that episode. That seems more plausible ... actually. That whole "disconnect thing" IMO was another poorly conceived notion from another Disney source whose name I'll just leave out of this discussion.

I also agree that Ezra is likely to still be alive. At the very least I believe that a conversation will take place and Ahsoka help to fill in the blanks with that part of the story and bring the time line "up-to-date" as to the whereabouts OR her progress in locating him. She MIGHT still be trying to locate him .. again I believe that an "update" will take place in the near future.

I also would not be surprised if

This series helps to set up another one .. POST "The Rise of Skywalker". That only seems logical. If Disney will keep that one person OUT of the mix (determining the direction of the movies) they should continue to do well. The Mandalorian TV series has proven that.

I am looking forward to see if this series on the Mandalorian continues to unfold as well as it has thus far.

EDIT: thanks for such a pleasant discussion on this !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Good points.

I remember being ridiculously frustrated watching the prequel movies when Anakin fell. It felt sudden and very poorly justified. Filoni came in with Clone Wars and fixed it. He gave Anakin a gradual descent into darkness that made sense. Instead of shaking my head and sighing, I felt sorrow when Anakin fell in the animated series. It finally made sense. I developed much more of an emotional attachment to animated Anakin than to Hayden Christensen's take.

Like others, I'm not thrilled about the return of Thrawn. He's a good character, don't get me wrong. I loved him in Rebels. I also love Ahsoka. I just feel like The Mandalorian was special because it introduced new characters, and now they're being overshadowed by classic characters.

But, at the end of the day, I trust Filoni. Even if I can't imagine how it will be good, he'll somehow make it awesome.