Update on Nightmare Loot Changes

EricMusco

And yes, there is a real reason to have better gear gated behind harder content, instead of handing it out like candy just because it could be useful for lower skilled players. It's an incentive and creates a system of progression.

They did exactly that for nearly 4 years...it seems to me like they didn't like the results they got from that and are trying something new. I like what they have going for Ops now. I like that 224 gear isn't exclusive to only a few players. I did progression, I know that it motivated me, but I'm still having fun like it is now...the only big difference is, I'm more relaxed while having fun.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did exactly that for nearly 4 years...it seems to me like they didn't like the results they got from that and are trying something new. I like what they have going for Ops now. I like that 224 gear isn't exclusive to only a few players. I did progression, I know that it motivated me, but I'm still having fun like it is now...the only big difference is, I'm more relaxed while having fun.

I think the system of highlighted hard modes is good overall, especially with their concept of where things are going. NiM is being phased out and with so many operations to choose from it gives a reason for people to play each of the different ops. The problem with EV/KP though is they just don't fit with everything else. They are basically shifted one tier downwards. People are running them with ungeared fresh alts.

Providing 224s from them as they do now is basically rewarding NiM gear from SM content. Having them only reward 220 gear is actually perfect for what you want, since for players who can't complete the other HM content, the 220 gear coming from EV/KP content is beneficial for them.

I think the system of highlighted hard modes is good overall, especially with their concept of where things are going. NiM is being phased out and with so many operations to choose from it gives a reason for people to play each of the different ops. The problem with EV/KP though is they just don't fit with everything else. They are basically shifted one tier downwards. People are running them with ungeared fresh alts.

Providing 224s from them as they do now is basically rewarding NiM gear from SM content. Having them only reward 220 gear is actually perfect for what you want, since for players who can't complete the other HM content, the 220 gear coming from EV/KP content is beneficial for them.

I understand your point...I don't disagree tbh...but I'm okay with gearing being made easier for everyone.

Anyway enough crying about loot .. when are they going to develop their game engine to support mutlicore cpu's and hyper threading so 16 man raids don't kill FPS ?

Hmm never mind scratch that idea its a bit to technical for the plebs that you have left in Austin.

Maybe you should start with something basic like an " IN GAME COMBAT LOG " so the noobs that your single player story line / mode attracts, can see how bad their dps is ..

Its not like Ixale already did all the hard work for you already with Starparse ..Oh wait ..

Edited by Loki_

Well well, I hope you realise that EV and KP nim were both removed with 4.0 and there has never even been a TOS NIM despite us wanting one for the past 11 months since we cleared HM TOS back in Feb 2015.

Random plebs posting random misinformed info .... priceless

Awesome you focus on the minor example rather than the actual point that was being made..pure genius..wasted here you are.

I'll edit my post to say Explosive Conflict Nim isn't anywhere near as hard as Dread Palace Nim would that be okay?

Random plebs posting pointless criticism rather than focusing on the issue in hand.... priceless

Edited by Firolas

I'll edit my post to say Explosive Conflict Nim isn't anywhere near as hard as Dread Palace Nim would that be okay?

That would also be inaccurate as DP nim is pretty much the easiest of all the nim content atm. So from your constant mistakes this tells me you are not a NIM raider and are just sticking a worthless opinion in since you don't understand what you are talking about.

Awesome you focus on the minor example rather than the actual point that was being made..pure genius..wasted here you are.

Random plebs posting pointless criticism rather than focusing on the issue in hand.... priceless

that random pleb did all the content pre nerf nim power also had quite a few world positions with us ;)

We saw a lot of feedback over the past few weeks where many of you felt strongly that Nightmare should be a guaranteed source for the best gear, even if that means the priority HM was equivalent. The reason that we did not make it this way initially is we had concerns about players ability to gain best in slot gear extremely quickly. However, if a group of players is skilled enough to run through multiple Nightmare Operations in a single week, we should reward that appropriately.

It's a welcome (if rather late in the day) update. However reading between the lines here, what happens the next time around when there is a new tier of gear?

Are the progression raiders going to be put in the same situation where they can simply farm the HHM with no challenge to themselves, thus creating boredom and leaving while waiting for the next set of raids to come out?

It really should be obvious by now to the developers of this game, that making everything casual and handed out to every single player removes a large portion of the RPG style element in this game, gear progression. That's something that keeps your players in the game, so how can you all miss this aspect?

I'd go as far to suggest that the lesson still hasn't been learned, and I'd actually hate for you guys to be learning this the hard way. Perhaps it's time to actually read the concerns of the players instead of skimming over things in an arbitrary way, and engage with the players more frequently to get a better insight into what makes your games community "tick"?

no its pretty much the real reason imo.

No I doubt "some people being noob" isn't the reason why this game can't have challenging but worthwhile content outside of raiding. I feel the real reason why you don't want such a thing is probably because you feel raiding should remain exclusive in where it's the only place to go for endgame PvE. Problem is I feel this attitude so tunnel visioned into raiding that people with this attitude fail to realize that this game wont survive another 5 years as a raiding MMO alone. People aren't just leaving the game because NiM drops inferior loot, people are leaving because other games offer them more and give them more options rather than just grinding a couple of raids to death.

I feel endgame PvE needs to branch out into other avenues like a lot of other games have recently (both group and solo), raiding should still be important but this shouldn't be just a raiding game IMO.

As for better incentives for nim - we care about nim operations but however much we care about them at the end of the day you will keep asking your self - was it worth it? I mean for the past 4 months we've been doing nim and got nothing out of it spent millions and millions of credits for repair got no gear no vanity nothing that we already didn't have. We did this regardless of no incentive cos we do care about nim ops in general. However question comes again was it worth it? After a while like you just don't want to do it for nothing. 224 gear that they are promising us 5 months later is not incentive enough (i personally had all 3 tanks and 2 dps classes BIS 224 3 weeks into the expansion - HLHM + cheesing lockouts. Thats how easy it is to gear with this stupid highlighted shyte)

Thing is bioware have already stated somewhere they don't plan to bring out new NiM's, the only reason they probably didn't remove the rest along with EV & KP is because it would be like chucking the last few years of development away as well as the fact the mechanics still posed a challenge. However I doubt they intended NiM to be part of any progression in 4.0, just more like optional leftover content that guilds would do on the side of HM progression.

So if you felt you wasted time and credits going that route that is probably the reason.

That concern could be understood if there was no highlighted HM operation concept. People WERE geared up in one week of EV HM farming on alts.

Nothing garauntees the 224 on EV or KP. You still have to win the roll. Last week I went through EV with 5 toons, and got 1 piece of 224.

There is nothing wrong with those two Operations being included in the priority rotation, besides some elitest who had their Epeen knocked down a little.

Nothing garauntees the 224 on EV or KP. You still have to win the roll. Last week I went through EV with 5 toons, and got 1 piece of 224.

There is nothing wrong with those two Operations being included in the priority rotation, besides some elitest who had their Epeen knocked down a little.

clearly u never heard of the concept of guilds, or helping each other. Your loss.

Glad to see this change - not because I think the game needs raiders to survive as many were going on and on (and on, and on...) about, but simply because if they're going to have a feature like raids in the game, then they really should manage it properly, and having the best gear for the hardest content makes way more sense than the way they had it.

That would also be inaccurate as DP nim is pretty much the easiest of all the nim content atm. So from your constant mistakes this tells me you are not a NIM raider and are just sticking a worthless opinion in since you don't understand what you are talking about.

Yip there's no pleasing trolls.

Dread Palace Nim is not easier than Explosive Conflict but then I suppose that's a matter of opinion and you'l disagree just for the sake of disagreeing since that's your agenda from the start.

Speaking of worthless opinions I see you have yet to share yours on the actual thread but instead continue to troll. Maybe it's you that's not a Nim raider hence the lack of any thought on gear drops on highlighted hard mode ops.

Okay, i'd want to post here what i think about this.

First, I am really happy that devs read players opinions and sometimes even care about it (rarely tho), but the problem now is not only this.

The game raiding community is slowly dying, as there is no new end game PVE content, and even the hardest content we have at this moment gives you maybe a little bit more than nothing.

You may ask why? - 224 gear is already farmed via Hard Mode operations with plenty of alts, just one week of EV as priority forced ppl to farm it like crazy, and the 224 gear reward for conent that people do in 186 yavin comms gear is kinda rediculous. Why run Nims then?

The best solution for this problem in my opinion could be:

Add 228 gear tier exclusive only to NIM raids - running them will make sense.

Keep the 224 gear tier exclusive for PT operations - it will help players that cant get into good nim group (or not skilled enough yet) to get better gear than they have, as well as force them to improve their skill (if they try to run something other than EV/KP).

Also it will help NIM progression groups if they lack some #numbers so they can get some better gear that can help them (not sure tho, as the difference between 220 is not that big)

And the last thing is that if we dont have any actual PVE group content in near future - add at least ToS and Ravagers NiM modes + something in reward for completing them (exept those world first achievements - as they are actual only first few weeks).

That may return some of the raiders back, and keep them subbing till we get a new operation at least (thats what everyone pretty much want now). It's really killing me when i see old hardcore guilds that used to be active and had like 4-5 prog teams in guild being dead.

Sincerely yours,

Mathcore and maybe some of the raiding community

I like the concept of gearing through highlighted HM as 224 is now required to go through the NIMs. I always thought of the NIM as source of additional fun and source of special and unique mounts, decos, titles, whatever.

However, NIMs should have guaranteed 224 token + non-token drop and it should have had from start. So this is a good move to go.

Btw. I really hope that nontoken 224s are also included (I play tank ... )