Level 70 token mishap, please help!

Tatermitts

I came back to the game, after quitting since launch, to play with friends and purchased the 2 month subscription. I used the level 70 boost so I could jump in and saw immediately that I could select a secondary class. The quest was really poorly made and the options weren't really clear, so I picked what looked fun.

I didn't realize I had selected the mirror class for the class I already had. Again, it wasn't very clear. Same skills and everything. It is the only thing I've done on the character since I made it.

I've tried to reach out to in-game support and they just send me stock responses telling me to kick rocks. I tried calling EA and they couldn't process a refund because I purchased through steam.

Feeling very frustrated and like I'm being taken advantage of over a really simple issue, where I delete my level 70 (since they can't roll the character back) and they give me a new token. I refuse to believe I'm the only person that has had this issue.

Can anyone offer some guidance? Did I just waste $30? Are there any other options?

Well, no, you didn't 'waste' $30. Regardless of the screw up with the boosted character, you still have all the rest of the game to play.

If you haven't done anything - no xp gain - you can delete the boosted character and get your token back.

You can, of course, just continue to play the level 70 as just one of the 'styles'.

At worst you could make a new character of the same type as the boosted one and level it up the old fashioned way.

I would not be surprised if they bring out a way to change your secondary combat style at some point in the future, although it would probably be expensive.

The game's automated rules block refunding a "start at 70" token if you do *any* mission with the character (choosing a second combat style counts as a mission)(1), or if you gain a level (some reports suggest that earning even one XP is enough to block the refund).

(1) So does e.g. running a flashpoint / operation / uprising (there's always a mission granted when you go in), getting results back from a crew skill mission, and so on.

The game's automated rules block refunding a "start at 70" token if you do *any* mission with the character (choosing a second combat style counts as a mission)(1), or if you gain a level (some reports suggest that earning even one XP is enough to block the refund).

(1) So does e.g. running a flashpoint / operation / uprising (there's always a mission granted when you go in), getting results back from a crew skill mission, and so on.

Yeah, just the dual class mission counts and is what their stock response keeps telling me.

I'm willing to accept that I made a mistake but the quest is absolutely poor in design and the fact that customer service is so unwilling to assist is mind boggling.

I'm willing to accept that I made a mistake but the quest is absolutely poor in design and the fact that customer service is so unwilling to assist is mind boggling.

That mission is definitely short of information. I think it's pitched primarily at players who've been around long enough to know the pre-7.0 class structure well enough to know what each option does without further explanation. Of course, a new player won't know that, say, Shadow corresponds exactly (except for the colours and so on of ability animations) to Assassin, so a low-information presentation like the current format doesn't help them at all.