How do I unlock a locked race in the PTS?

Jedi_Bread

This is probably a dumb post if I can't find a question like this, cause it might mean the answer is right in front of me but I'll ask anyway: I was hoping to make a Chiss Jedi on the Public Test Server, but I realized it was one of the locked characters. This wound up becoming a short little journey to see how I can unlock the other races... is what I would say, but the only thing I could think of was unlocking one of the races and seeing if it registered on the PTS, which seemed kinda obvious, however, it didn't work and all the locked races are still, well, locked. So here I am now, asking how I can unlock a/the locked race(s) in the Public Test Server for the character creator, if it's really possible.

Unlocks on PTS itself can (AFAIK) only be done with Cartel Coins or "play an race available on Background A through end of basic story then you can create in any other Background").

Cartel Coins do not exist on PTS, so....

If you want to play a Chiss from level 1 on PTS in a background (base story) where they show as locked, then the only other option is to transfer a character from Live to PTS, where that character is in a Legacy that already has Chiss unlocked.

Good luck...

Edited by PupPupandAway

I can't remember if a copied character brought any account unlocked type stuff across --- pretty sure it didn't.

If you really want you could create a new character with desired species and such on live then copy to pts, that will work and level 1s can be copied over

Unlocks on PTS itself can (AFAIK) only be done with Cartel Coins or "play an race available on Background A through end of basic story then you can create in any other Background").

Not quite. The condition is (on Live) that if you start a character of species X on a permitted class (origin story on PTS) and level it to level 50, the species is unlocked for other classes/origins.

You don't have to finish the class/origin story to unlock the species.

Unlocks on PTS itself can (AFAIK) only be done with Cartel Coins ...

If you want to play a Chiss from level 1 on PTS in a background (base story) where they show as locked, then the only other option is to transfer a character from Live to PTS...

Both of these statements are absolutely false. As I wrote above, you can unlock species with credits on PTS. You can get 10 millions every time you click that droid on Odessen; unlocking Chiss costs 1.5 million credits.