Spirit of Vengeance Story mode

lukeisjedi

Seriously, I haven't played in months, just resubbed, was rusty, and it was still not difficult at 290 with a Sith Warrior.

Yes, you have to think about target priority in this one and not just YOLO the boss. Kind of refreshing for Story Mode, actually.

This ^^

I found out rather quickly in a couple areas of that flashpoint that target priority made a huge difference. The last boss is the biggest example. The snipers seem to be every ones demise. My tactic was simply to agro half of the mobs that spawned so that they would not annihilate my companion. After that downing the two snipers i agroed to me first, then whittle the rest down. This tactic not only worked once but many times. It was actually a fun fight.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

Seriously, I haven't played in months, just resubbed, was rusty, and it was still not difficult at 290 with a Sith Warrior.

Yes, you have to think about target priority in this one and not just YOLO the boss. Kind of refreshing for Story Mode, actually.

At the "revised edition" it is easier. However, IMO paying attention to where the companion wonders off to is still a royal pain (Rass still has a tendency to do that from time to time.) It's not as bad as it first was. I can testify to that. I also strongly feel that certain class characters can navigate it better than others. I also agree that the drops since the update are weak.

I honestly believe that there would be a better attitude toward the FP had it not started out with so much controversy and so many BUGS . I know that seeing that word really irritates some folks ... but for crying out loud !! REALLY !! Come on !! I don't even pretend to be an expert on the subject of MMO's ... but it just makes sense to me to fix stuff. EVERYBODY would appreciate it so much !!

Any how ... not meant to be a rant this AM !

Bottom line:

** Yes it does take some thought getting through the FP. There are a couple of areas where using "heroic moment" will help as well as using the healing stations. (there are a number of suggestions on this one subject here on the forums. And most of us would be glad to offer help if asked.)

** The FP is definitely easier. It's still a flash point.

(I wish three was something more I could say that would help with the wall that is obviously being built right now)

A

(I wish three was something more I could say that would help with the wall that is obviously being built right now)

unfortunately you'll always get people who say I did, you should be able to, they never take people's skill, or abilities in to it. Or people who have physical difficulties , etc.

The fp is double for most people, which is great, but it's still story mode, a part of the story you have to complete to progress, and some can't progress. They had jesus bots for the easier FP's, they should have them for this, after all, they can be turned off if you don't want to use them. That way everyone will be happy.

Although I'd be happier if they cut down on the amount of mobs, it's worse than the copero FP ever was.

As an arthritis sufferer, my hands ache so bad after doing the fp, I have to stop playing for a while. I've never had that running HM ops.........

unfortunately you'll always get people who say I did, you should be able to, they never take people's skill, or abilities in to it. Or people who have physical difficulties , etc.

The fp is double for most people, which is great, but it's still story mode, a part of the story you have to complete to progress, and some can't progress. They had jesus bots for the easier FP's, they should have them for this, after all, they can be turned off if you don't want to use them. That way everyone will be happy.

Although I'd be happier if they cut down on the amount of mobs, it's worse than the copero FP ever was.

As an arthritis sufferer, my hands ache so bad after doing the fp, I have to stop playing for a while. I've never had that running HM ops.........

This here. As someone who has not a single problem and has run the FPs 10+ times for the sake of story, I can relate to others who are still having difficulties with it. If the Godbot is needed it is for this FP. Even the MM Chapters AND ops weren't such a pain compared to this IMO and that's really something.

Always remember that different people have different skill level and health condition. I swear I really would have helped if they allow other players in the instance as some of my friends have NOT been able to progress their story!

On the brighter side Dantooine FP is a much better change compared to this so I'll give em that...

I actually enjoyed both a lot in the first "solo" release ! To be perfectly candid about it ... IMO ... IF they simply made sure the BUGS were fixed the entire FP would run smoother. Somewhere in there is the answer. I wouldn't scrap the FP. I wouldn't make it a face roll. I don't want to be insulting to those who put together the FP.

The "wall" I'm referring to is the one that suggests that gamers should be ignored ... and developers do things their own way. IMO this team does listen more than the rest (which still leaves some questions to be answered). I would never want to be rude or disrespectful. And yet the simple fact is that door swings two ways. There is something to be said about reaching across the isle from time to time and doing a good thing which most will appreciate.

(note: some people will gripe and complain regardless)

These comments while they do apply to a number of matters of concern in the game as a whole ... also apply to SoV FP. I hope that this is received with the "spirit" in which it is being presented.

I really do appreciate this game and the SW genre which it represents. I have appreciated the stories ... the work and yes even the frustrations that we (AND the TEAM) have all experienced together.

Direct application to SoV :

** make certain that the bugs are gone in this FP ... ALL of them. This includes Rass. Just make sure he does what he is supposed to do.

** Work out the final solution to the last boss. IMO it's not that bad right now. I don't pretend to speak for everyone else though. ( I even take out the bonus beast .. kind of fun really).

In any case. I'll not "bug" everyone with my own thoughts on this. Just an old man rambling ... and not that good at it either!

People aren't able to progress their story. It's why this is STILL talked about. That being said another wishful solution is for them to drop another story skip checkpoint so this FP can be skipped altogether.

People aren't able to progress their story. It's why this is STILL talked about. That being said another wishful solution is for them to drop another story skip checkpoint so this FP can be skipped altogether.

TBH, I'd skip it if I could, not that I can't do it, I just find it monotonous, and way too long. If you compare it to the ones before it, and after it, it stands out on it's on as extremely long winded, and hard than the others (not saying impossible, but we can all agree it is harder than the others, for some bizarre reason)

/snip!

TBH, if they did listen to people, it wasn't people here. Most people agreed that the bot would have solved most of the issues (apart from the bugs) They could have toned down the boss a little, not as much as they did, same with the other mobs if still needed, but with the bot, it probably would have been. People with issues could have kept the bot, and they probably would have been able to finish, and those who choose to Leeroy it, could dismiss the both, and have at it :)

*BTW, I do like the FP, it has some fun parts, but it is long winded, too many unneeded fights, mobs that can detect stealth from across the room (if we had that in pvp, there'd be uproar), too many mobs that just pop out, etc.

If they trimmed the fat, this would be a beautiful piece of steak. ;)