I Don't Understand Galactic Seasons

Aghasett

Ever since I started playing this game I've gotten the constant feeling that Bioware is attempting to push me into group activity (I assume this somehow supports their bottom line.) Galactic Seasons is a prime example of this. I myself am more of a solo player; however, I'm not at all averse to group activity. But there's a problem: there are no reasonable ways to participate in the weekly Ops and other group activities - which are the larger part of GS itself - so the whole thing becomes an exercise in frustration.

Group finder for Ops has never amounted to a group for me, having tried dozens of times. I try daily to get in on PUGs for the Weekly PO and, some weeks I get in on one, some I don't. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they collapse because inexperienced players provoke others to rage quit - it's happened several times in the last few weeks.

Long story short, attempting to group up within the PO framework is becoming increasingly unpleasant. It's effectively being shoved down our throats, but there's no reasonable mechanism to participate. And I don't feel I should have to leave the guild I'm in - who are friends that I enjoy running FPs and heroics with - just because we're largely not Ops-oriented. I hope something changes here.

I would have to agree there should be two sections to GS obviously if you can tackle harder objectives you would assume a higher reward however give the solo casual guy some way to acquire points other than simply logging in. Let us do heroics repeatedly for the points. And not on rotation but every Daily heroic should give a grant of 1-3 points dependant on difficulty every day! It should just be part of the heroic daily rewards

Edited by CKNORTH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree there should be two sections to GS obviously if you can tackle harder objectives you would assume a higher reward however give the solo casual guy some way to acquire points other than simply logging in. Let us do heroics repeatedly for the points. And not on rotation but every Daily heroic should give a grant of 1-3 points dependant on difficulty every day! It should just be part of the heroic daily rewards

I agree.

If you do PvP stuff, Ops or Vet FPs you should get more points.

If you are a solo player you should have a chance at a few points too.

Is that unreasonable?

I agree.

If you do PvP stuff, Ops or Vet FPs you should get more points.

If you are a solo player you should have a chance at a few points too.

Is that unreasonable?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable at all IMO Galactic seasons should include all aspects of the game because it is basically for everyone to enjoy. So with that adding static points to heroic daily’s seems really fair for rewards

Edit: I do like the concept of GS but let’s face it this game isn’t Fortnite, it’s a MMO and they should allow points even for crew missions if they want to have it gated to a time thing make the points capped otherwise let people grind out as much as they can when they have the time.

Edited by CKNORTH

Just resubbed for a month. Took a look at Galactic Seasons. Yeah, nope. I do love the ability to essentially pay to win with it though. They way they did it is smart.

I mean I'm not going to, lots of better uses for my creds and CC's, but I think what they did with it is interesting.

Nice to know I don't count.

Thanks for that.

I'll just go off and be irrelevant somewhere else.

Bye.

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was saying, you are not irrelevant, but your opinion in this context is since you are not the target audience, you are of course free to express yourself and your dismay with the system, some people like to bash their head against a wall, you do you mate

Edited by RikuvonDrake

As I said, I don't feel I should have to leave the guild I'm in to do that.

No you shouldn't have to leave your guild, but if you want to do an ops, the gf system sucks, your best hope is to try and get a group yourself, or join one. Doing this, you might meet like minded people, and they could become a regular team mate, on the occasions where ops pop in GS for you.

The other option is to log in after reset each day on a low level char, preferable a level 10, as they are not in the range of a ops, the daily/weekly won't be an op. Most of the time it's gsf/pvp/ or kill 75 homeworld/coreworld.

I want Bioware to pay attention.

Sadly. they don't, they only listen to a certain discord group, cabal, influencers, whatever, but it's not people on the forum.