Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Am I Doing Wrong?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What Am I Doing Wrong?

TrixxieTriss
08.27.2021 , 06:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
as someone who normally queues solo, I'm going to tell you what better players have told me in the past: control the teammates that you can. you're allowed to control half your team (your whole team if an arena pops). do that, and you're guaranteed to have a good chunk of the team (enough to win most WZs) doing things to help you.

now I'll paraphrase myself to a complainer about losing ELO in solo ranked: Imagine queuing solo into a group game and then complaining about the having to carry those teammates.

I have less sympathy for reg players worried about hidden ELO b/c you can easily control most of your teammates..if you want to.

totally with you about the deserter debuff though. just to get into a different pop rhythm. it's a mess. but it's also regs. it's meaningless and super casual. ppl be too serious about regs.
Most of my issues with fairness are in reg 4s and not as much in objective pvp. Itís harder to tell how much you will be expected to carry your team in 8s until you see the scoreboard at the end.

I donít usually like to premade when itís only popping 4s because that often kills the queue when a premade starts popping against solo pugs. Also keep in mind that not all of my matches are max lvl, some are lowbie and Mid lvl arena (usually they are on Darth Malgus and Satele because Iíve no lvl 75s there). I win way more matches on DM and Satele than on Star Forge and I have to play with 300+ms ping on DM.

Surprisingly Star Forge has the worst balance for me in lowbie and Mid arena. Which has me thinking the hidden ELO might be legacy based or part based and not just character based because even Alts Iíve never played in pvp seem to feel like Iím expected to carry teams.

Where as my lowbie and mid Alts on DM and Satele donít have this issue, even ones that Iíve done 30+ games on have more balanced matchmaking than the Star Forge ones.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

Aghasett
08.27.2021 , 09:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You and me both.

Do you often play outside of prime time or when the pop is slow?
In no way a nationalistic thing or whatever, so no offense!!! to anyone reading, but a lotta Aussie's hit my server around midnight+ PST, and, I dunno, maybe they don't get a lotta play time, but that's where the bulk of my kills and wins are.

TrixxieTriss
08.27.2021 , 10:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghasett View Post
In no way a nationalistic thing or whatever, so no offense!!! to anyone reading, but a lotta Aussie's hit my server around midnight+ PST, and, I dunno, maybe they don't get a lotta play time, but that's where the bulk of my kills and wins are.
What server are you on?

Just remember any Aussies or other APAC players have 200+ms ping that gives you an advantage in most scenarios. Ie, if Iím playing on my Jugg against a NA Jugg or Mara, they will always be able to leap to me first because of the ping. Itís a forgone conclusion if they are any good.

Sadly, when we lost our APAC servers and then our west coast servers, we had to learn to play with higher ping each time which rules out ranked most of the time for us because you miss split second DCDs or reflects or interrupt or hit immune players and you can be blown up before your abilities actually activate. Iíve lost count of the amount of times Iíve died through force bubble while on my Sorc.

Surprisingly, DMs 300+ms ping isnít too extreme to get used to if Iím just playing regs. Itís funny sometimes cause my ability activation can be like another form of RNG. Like I know I hit ďxĒ ability and I saw it activate, but it didnít actually go off against the other player in time or sometimes at all. There is a lot of guess work involved with 300+ms. And you canít play in an orthodox way of other players will always get their activation in first. Iíve got some really weird tactics that I honed in 1v1 against my old pvp guild.on Harbinger.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

Toonicker
09.02.2021 , 11:08 AM | #24
I'm immortal build but I don't use offensive gear, Though I get kills I like to Harass rather than just kill, It's pretty funny but people have the DPS mentality in PVP and I get told all the time I shouldn't be in defensive gear, but Immortal is just so much more fun in defensive gear for me.

It all falls down to what you want to do on your Jugg, but on a GOOD match I'm lucky to break 1mil DPS, but I can also hold off 3 guys for a significant amount of time while help arrives if I'm defending a node, I'd like to point out that I'm often in the upper tiers of the finished game ratings. and I'll attribute this to ASSISTING and GUARDING other players in kills while defending nodes and this has often netted me good ratings on the score board.

I know I'm in the minority and honestly I can get kills on occasion in solo's but I'm really there to buy time for my team.

I would try assist killing and see if that improves your over all rating in games. if someone is killing someone that doesn't take you away from your objectives join in throw guard on your mate and do it every time you see the opportunity and see if this helps your ratings.

Nickodemous
09.14.2021 , 05:26 PM | #25
Own the objectives! There are a handful of matches where DPS performance is significant. Regardless of what is going on in a match, hold true to playing the objectives and you will find that others will start doing the same.
Tyranticus - Ty'zor - Maullin - Clandestu - Pepe'nero

The Elite Warlord Club - The PVP FAB FIVE