Sith Warrior story

Shaori

Does the Sith War story line recognize you leveling an alien? I leveled this class years ago as a sith, human and cyborg and I think these were the only races available at the time for this class. I know that now they let you level whatever race you want as any class you want.

I really love the blood red twileks and I want to level one but it would really annoy me if all the npcs treated me like a human or sith.

p.s. I know the SI story is set up for aliens but it's pretty obvious that my great-great-great grandpappy Kallig is not a twilek and again, that kind of stuff annoys me and takes me out of the story so I'm not going to go that route.

Edited by Shaori

Interesting enough, if one plays a red-skinned Zabrak, NPCs tend to treat them with the same respect and deference that they do Sith Purebloods.

Even that one female Pureblood on Korriban, the one who turns down humans, laughs at aliens and tells other Purebloods that their pure-blood makes them worthy of her possible attention does it... which is actually a little amusing...

Well right off the bat Tremel was bad mouthing Vemrin for being impure because he was from Balmorra (IIRC.) Seems like the entire reason Tremel was truly against Vemrin is he's Star War's version of white trash.

That toed the line for me because I know they would consider Vemrin better than a twilek. I hope it doesn't get much worse than that.

Well right off the bat Tremel was bad mouthing Vemrin for being impure because he was from Balmorra (IIRC.)

Not because he was from Balmorra, but more simply, because he was, as Tremel put it, "of mixed blood". Where he's from is almost irrelevant.

Seems like the entire reason Tremel was truly against Vemrin is he's Star War's version of white trash.

Pretty much, yes.

That toed the line for me because I know they would consider Vemrin better than a twilek. I hope it doesn't get much worse than that.

Well, since it wasn't written for aliens (except perhaps for red Zabs), that's hardly surprising. The key point is that when the game launched, there was no Legacy system, and you couldn't unlock use of "other" species, and Twi'leks were considered "other" for the Warrior story, just as PBSith were considered "other" for the Inquisitor story.

• 2 weeks later...
Not because he was from Balmorra, but more simply, because he was, as Tremel put it, "of mixed blood". Where he's from is almost irrelevant.

Pretty much, yes.

Well, since it wasn't written for aliens (except perhaps for red Zabs), that's hardly surprising. The key point is that when the game launched, there was no Legacy system, and you couldn't unlock use of "other" species, and Twi'leks were considered "other" for the Warrior story, just as PBSith were considered "other" for the Inquisitor story.

Your comment about PBS for Inquisitor is incorrect. This was always available from launch. It was not available in early alpha builds, but they changed that before even the open beta dropped. Also, there are many dialogue choices in the Inquisitor's story that reference being a PBS, so it was handled well.

Your comment about PBS for Inquisitor is incorrect. This was always available from launch. It was not available in early alpha builds, but they changed that before even the open beta dropped. Also, there are many dialogue choices in the Inquisitor's story that reference being a PBS, so it was handled well.

Hmm. OK, fair enough. It doesn't make much sense in the context of the PBS being the Master Race, but OK.

Hmm. OK, fair enough. It doesn't make much sense in the context of the PBS being the Master Race, but OK.

I haven't played it, but I recall it being mentioned that story says the PBS screwed up and got put into that position because of it. Without details on what they did to screw up. But, I'm not 100% sure on that.

From the way I read things, it's implied that a Pureblood Inquisitor's family has been in slavery since their ancestor Lord Kallig's betrayal of Tulak Hord as punishment for his actions.

After all, Kallig's spirit does make a comment about his blood being so long in chains that they have forgotten the glory they once held (or something along those lines).

p.s. I know the SI story is set up for aliens but it's pretty obvious that my great-great-great grandpappy Kallig is not a twilek and again, that kind of stuff annoys me and takes me out of the story so I'm not going to go that route.

If you want an in-universe way to make this work, keep in mind that Kallig doesn't need to be a Twi'lek. Twi'leks are genetically compatible with humans (and likely other humanoid species as well. In fact the SI story on Belsavis gives very strong hints as to why this is possible). After some 1300 odd years, it's not inconceivable that an ancestor hooked up with a Twi'lek and had kids who did the same. Few generations later and any visible remnants of the original species would be gone.

Considering the number of Twi'leks in slavery, this isn't hard to imagine happening

If you want an in-universe way to make this work, keep in mind that Kallig doesn't need to be a Twi'lek. Twi'leks are genetically compatible with humans (and likely other humanoid species as well. In fact the SI story on Belsavis gives very strong hints as to why this is possible). After some 1300 odd years, it's not inconceivable that an ancestor hooked up with a Twi'lek and had kids who did the same. Few generations later and any visible remnants of the original species would be gone.

Considering the number of Twi'leks in slavery, this isn't hard to imagine happening

However if you do play a Twi'lek, Talos will mention that Kallig was an alien, if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...