Which class has the most annoying run-around stuff?

OddballEasyEight

I'm currently slogging through the Jedi Consular story (first time finishing it, I hate it so much that it's the only time I've ever spacebarred through all the story) and there's way more run-around than I remember in any other class.

At one point you go to the jedi council on Tython, you have a cutscene and then you are told to go to your ship. There you get a holo message telling you to go to the jedi council on Tython again.

And now, after Hoth, I get an even worse one... I just finished the Hoth storyline and I go to Tython just to immediately be told to go back to Hoth again.

Frankly, I hate these time-wasting strategies of MMO's, but these are some of the most blatant and annoying ones I've found.

I can't remember any other class story having these kind of in-your-face run-arounds.

Maybe it's rose tinted glasses, or maybe it's because I found the other classes storylines so much more interesting?

But it feels like no other class has this much run-around.

I can't remember any other class story having these kind of in-your-face run-arounds.

Maybe it's rose tinted glasses,

It is.

or maybe it's because I found the other classes storylines so much more interesting?

That's probably the source of the rose-tinted goggles.

But it feels like no other class has this much run-around.

They all have run-around. Look on the bright side, though. Consulars don't have to make side trips to Hutta...

They all have run-around. Look on the bright side, though. Consulars don't have to make side trips to Hutta...

I mean, I know they all have run-arounds... but I don't remember any that were this severe where you literally just leave the planet, go to your ship and then is told to go back.

Or even worse, when I finish a planet quest line, go to another planet just to be told to go back to the planet I was just on. (without doing any missions or anything on the planet you go to... you just go there to be told to go back)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Stop doing story?

If you aren't doing the stories for the story then just skip them - spam heroics or flashpoints, get to 75, ignore story. It's optional after all <3

No point worrying about a class story completion if you're not enjoying it because they story is what it is. I completed them once but to get every imp side adv class I skipped a second story on some simply because I could.

Stop doing story?

If you aren't doing the stories for the story then just skip them - spam heroics or flashpoints, get to 75, ignore story. It's optional after all <3

No point worrying about a class story completion if you're not enjoying it because they story is what it is. I completed them once but to get every imp side adv class I skipped a second story on some simply because I could.

The only reason I was doing the JC was because it's the only story I haven't completed and I wanted to unlock that in legacy.

Otherwise the only thing I do in the game is play story... I don't like the multiplayer content. I don't like heroics or flashpoints and all that.

But the JC really did have more annoying run-arounds than the other classes. I haven't had any missions on the other classes where you literally leave a planet after finishing it only to be sent back there in the very next mission.

Sith Inquisitor, and that whole “stop what you’re doing and go to Korriban to check on your apprentice” nonsense drove me insane. It’s especially bad because the apprentice you get isn’t even worth all that trouble. He sort of just shows up, does nothing of note, and fades into the background.

The run around aspect in this game is particularly egregious because you literally have a method of communicating long distance with people on other planets. In games like WoW or ESO, I can buy that you have to physically talk to people because there’s no long distance instant communication. But in Star Wars? You shouldn’t be forced to travel all the way to a planet to listen to like eight lines of dialogue that could’ve taken less time to convey over holo-message.

And sometimes the game tries to give you the old “we need to talk in person because someone could be listening to this holo-communication” excuse. Well, if your lines are that easy to bug, maybe you should review the hell out of your security protocol.

Edited by Enticy

Sith Inquisitor, and that whole “stop what you’re doing and go to Korriban to check on your apprentice” nonsense drove me insane. It’s especially bad because the apprentice you get isn’t even worth all that trouble. He sort of just shows up, does nothing of note, and fades into the background.

I don't remember that one... but did it include going to korriban in the middle of a planet quest or was it just between each planet?

Because the stuff that irked me most with the JC was the "be on planet, get called away from planet, get told to go right back to that same planet" stuff.

I'm semi-ok with the whole "visit your 'homebase' between planetary quests" bit, because it semi-makes sense... most of the time.

And sometimes the game tries to give you the old “we need to talk in person because someone could be listening to this holo-communication” excuse. Well, if your lines are that easy to bug, maybe you should review the hell out of your security protocol.

Hehehe yeah, oddly enough I found that the IA had more holocalls than some of the other classes... if security really was such an issue, surely the IA would have the most in-person meetings :p