Voss Mystic predicts events of Knights of the Fallen Empire

jacksstarwars

So - dont know if anyone else has catch this - but I've been replaying the Main Class Story Quests and I hit on something --- Gaden-Ko, the Voss the Jedi Consular helps to become a Mystic, foretells Arcann, Thexan and the Eternal Throne.

After you finish Dark Cradle Dark Heart and Gaden-Ko has his first vision, there is a conversation option to ask him what he saw... he replies:

"I saw two sons, one alight and the other dead - and a mountain that touches the stars" --- Sound like anything we've seen recently?

I went back and checked the youtube vids - this dialog hasnt changed since in 4 years... --- Well done Bioware, well done

So - dont know if anyone else has catch this - but I've been replaying the Main Class Story Quests and I hit on something --- Gaden-Ko, the Voss the Jedi Consular helps to become a Mystic, foretells Arcann, Thexan and the Eternal Throne.

After you finish Dark Cradle Dark Heart and Gaden-Ko has his first vision, there is a conversation option to ask him what he saw... he replies:

"I saw two sons, one alight and the other dead - and a mountain that touches the stars" --- Sound like anything we've seen recently?

I went back and checked the youtube vids - this dialog hasnt changed since in 4 years... --- Well done Bioware, well done

Now the question is, did they always know we'd be going into one story line or did they plan something different for us in the beginning that still lead to the Eternal Empire.

Now the question is, did they always know we'd be going into one story line or did they plan something different for us in the beginning that still lead to the Eternal Empire.

I would honestly LOVE to hear from a Musco or someone on the team as to how their plans have changed over the years. WAS everything planned since launched? Or did they adapt as they go along? The game is so different from launch that I'm sure some changes have been necessary, but I REALLY wonder how long they have planned ahead for some aspects of the game.

I would honestly LOVE to hear from a Musco or someone on the team as to how their plans have changed over the years. WAS everything planned since launched? Or did they adapt as they go along? The game is so different from launch that I'm sure some changes have been necessary, but I REALLY wonder how long they have planned ahead for some aspects of the game.

I would bet the over all story was likely planned well in advance. I base that on other MMOs having said as much with their own stories.

So the question I have is, was it planned to be separated by class or was merging into one, always the plan.

The Agent's vanilla story on Voss ends with something similar as well about how if they (the Voss) remained Neutral for 3000 days (approximately 5 years) both Jedi and Empire would cease to exist.

The thing is, I don't THINK they had KotFE planned that far in advance (because we're talking 7+ years ago when they wrote the vanilla stories. Those would have had to have been written before they were animated and voiced).

But any writer who is worth their salt has the ability to pluck some random thing out of their existing story and go from there, thus making it seem like it was planned all along. When I used to write serial fiction, I'd do it all the time. People complimented me on how I kept all those balls juggling in the air when in actuality I really didn't. I forgot about some of those balls. But when I'd reread my stuff, I'd see something that'd inspire me to expand upon it and I'd find a way to tie it in seamlessly, thus making it LOOK like I had whatever planned the entire time.

I'm willing to bet that's what happened here, especially since a lot of the vanilla story writers left SWTOR by the time KotFE was being produced. The new writers went over all the old stuff, plucked out those Voss lines, and went from there.

Edited by AngFour

fascinating! there seem to be lots of little tidbits hidden through all the class stories that in hindsight paid off!

my favorite is the Inquisitor, on Voss she is constantly bothered by some voss commandos regarding how she will bring disaster to the Voss. at first I assumed that was hyperbole over her helping one gormak enter space but now I wonder if it refers to her surviving the mental breakdown caused by the force ghosts in her story, leading her to become the outlander which of course led to the ET chapter 1 mess.

When I used to write serial fiction, I'd do it all the time. People complimented me on how I kept all those balls juggling in the air when in actuality I really didn't. I forgot about some of those balls. But when I'd reread my stuff, I'd see something that'd inspire me to expand upon it and I'd find a way to tie it in seamlessly, thus making it LOOK like I had whatever planned the entire time.

Hmmm, never been able to get myself really into serial fiction until it was already completed (with the exception of the web serial "Worm").

Still, yours is already done so I'd probably be able to make the time.

Is it online still, or moved to Amazon?

Hmmm, never been able to get myself really into serial fiction until it was already completed (with the exception of the web serial "Worm").

Still, yours is already done so I'd probably be able to make the time.

Is it online still, or moved to Amazon?

OMG, my husband read "Worm" as well!

Alas, mine isn't finished and didn't say it was. Ended on an unfortunate cliffhanger as well :(

Or are you being snarky for no reason? Tone is really hard to convey on the internet.

Actually... it kind of makes you wonder about Lord Scourge's vision about the Jedi Knight, too. I had this thought last night on a whim, and now I can't get it out of my head. He says the JK will take the crown from the Emperor, and take that power. Naturally... that never happened because Valkorian is Vitiate... and the JK only killed one of the voices.

It didn't happen to the exact specifications of Scourge's vision (him bowing down, and putting the crown on the JK's head). But it was eerily similar.

OMG, my husband read "Worm" as well!

Alas, mine isn't finished and didn't say it was. Ended on an unfortunate cliffhanger as well :(

Or are you being snarky for no reason? Tone is really hard to convey on the internet.

I am not being sarcastic.

Although, I assumed your work had been finished since you implied you'd stopped writing it.

Still, Twin Peaks season 2 ended on a cliffhanger and after 26 years we're finally getting season 3.

So don't feel bad about the cliffhanger. You've got a long ways to go before you set a record for finishing a story.

I am not being sarcastic.

Although, I assumed your work had been finished since you implied you'd stopped writing it.

Still, Twin Peaks season 2 ended on a cliffhanger and after 26 years we're finally getting season 3.

So don't feel bad about the cliffhanger. You've got a long ways to go before you set a record for finishing a story.

I did stop writing it when I got pregnant three years ago. Pregnancy Brain made it where I literally couldn't remember the most basic words ("F you and that...thing...animal...has hooves and you ride with a saddle?" "Horse?" "YES! HORSE! F you and the horse you rode in on!") And now the imaginative part of my brain and fingers refuse to communicate with each other. I can pontificate for DAYS on forums, but as soon as I start trying to write any sort of fiction, my brain freezes. It sucks. I pulled my story and told my readers that it was cancelled. It was sad.

It wasn't the greatest work of fiction on the face of the planet, but it was mine. Rereading my old documents makes me both cringe but be proud at the same time. Some of the ideas I had I thought up were neat. But I can't even begin to remember where on earth I was going with it anymore so *shrug*

But hey! Maybe I WILL pull a Twin Peaks! Maybe in 30 years I WILL finish my silly little fiction, lol.

Or maybe in thirty years I'll actually get past my block and be able to start writing again. That would also be nice.

ANYWAY, sorry for going off topic :o

Edited by AngFour

• 4 years later...

Necroing this because in the dialogue, it's two SUNS.

Now, it could be referring to kotfe I guess but seems a bit unlikely.