10 Years Later

DsevenO

Arguably the most iconic character archetype in Star Wars lore, the Jedi Knight, has long been the laughing stock of the game since the inception of ranked pvp. I'm coming back after a long absence to see if a decade was finally long enough for the devs to make this class spec viable in ranked. Sincerely,

Prepared to Be Disappointed

• 1 month later...

I can't speak to ranked but I see a lot in regs, play one myself. Like most classes it depends on your spec, guardian tanks appear to me to be reasonable in regs and that's what I like to play. I can't speak to Vigilance or Focus, but I have read that Focus lacks many of the advantages of its counterpart Concentration of the Sentinel advanced class, and sometimes dot classes may have a tougher time in pvp because they take time to build up their damage. I like Vigilance in pve but I haven't tried it in pvp.

Anyway, if you do want to try doing guardian tank, you can try to use a high health build using Steadfast and Vigilant enhancements, Lethal B mods, Grit Teeth tactical, 4 piece Force Bound, 2-pc of any set which gives 2% endurance, and an amplified champion helmet. I've read weapon expertise is the amplifier of choice for pvp for non-yellow damage classes. By no means am I good at pvp, certainly not ranked, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. If you don't understand what any of this means, then you probably aren't ready for ranked.

Edited by phalczen

I can't speak to ranked but I see a lot in regs, play one myself. Like most classes it depends on your spec, guardian tanks appear to me to be reasonable in regs and that's what I like to play. I can't speak to Vigilance or Focus, but I have read that Focus lacks many of the advantages of its counterpart Concentration of the Sentinel advanced class, and sometimes dot classes may have a tougher time in pvp because they take time to build up their damage. I like Vigilance in pve but I haven't tried it in pvp.

Anyway, if you do want to try doing guardian tank, you can try to use a high health build using Steadfast and Vigilant enhancements, Lethal B mods, Grit Teeth tactical, 4 piece Force Bound, 2-pc of any set which gives 2% endurance, and an amplified champion helmet. I've read weapon expertise is the amplifier of choice for pvp for non-yellow damage classes. By no means am I good at pvp, certainly not ranked, so take my opinions with a grain of salt. If you don't understand what any of this means, then you probably aren't ready for ranked.

in ranked you are limited to skank rest is flat out a joke

in ranked you are limited to skank rest is flat out a joke

I mean that’s pretty much what I described. Weapon expertise and lethal B mods are pretty much required to do a dps-oriented tanking build, and certainly the extra POW also helps with focused defense healing. I guess you mean the high health versions of crit and alacrity enhancements too, namely discipline and barrage? Or efficient and savant?