what level do assassins get the skills to 2 GCD, stun, finish off anyone in pvp?

Feztonio

just curious. i've gotten pasted by assassins for so long even with full 2018 and fully min-max'd 65 conq gear and starting to work towards obroan set, that I decided to roll one as it seems like it would be fun to smoosh anyone in 3 seconds. so far up to lvl 38 and i have to say the class feels squishy and not very OP.

what level do you get the skills to own everyone 1v1 in pvp? just curious?

just curious. i've gotten pasted by assassins for so long even with full 2018 and fully min-max'd 65 conq gear and starting to work towards obroan set, that I decided to roll one as it seems like it would be fun to smoosh anyone in 3 seconds. so far up to lvl 38 and i have to say the class feels squishy and not very OP.

Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

There is an assassins guide, but you should have enough burst when you get the duplicity proc for spike. The opener is powerful but easy to counter. Its spike > maul > low slash > crushing darkness > electrocute > recklessness (unless you popped it before) > shock > maul > discharge > voltic slash x2 > shock, or something similar to that. I personally almost never crit on any of my mauls and 70% of the time don't crit on my shocks (even with recklessness), but you have to make due.

Are you going up the middle tree? That's where the extra stuns are.

For a 1 v 1: Spike, Maul, Low Slash, Maul, Force Stun, Force Potency, Discharge, if health is above 30% Maul, below 30% Assassinate. If they use a force/tech immunity (Force Shroud/Resilience) stick with Mauls and Double Strikes until it wears off. If they use a white damage immunity (Dodge) use Shock, Force Lightning, Force Slow and skip the Force Stun until it wears off. Force Slow is a good filler and keeps them in range when you're out of stuns. When Resolve wears off you can restart the rotation at Low Slash or even Force Cloak and open again. Be aware that Maul spam is easily countered so be prepared to change up your rotation and know when to expect things like a stun (hit Shroud) or an Ambush/Aimed Shot with talented knockback + followup root (use death field).

When you're not 1 v 1-ing, you're going to get some focus because people don't like stealths. Gotta deal with it. If you try to take out their healers at the back of their line hopefully unnoticed or peel and taunt for your healer, you'll survive longer.

There's a decent Deception build that takes Death Field from the Madness tree which is helpful for knockbacks and roots when you're out of melee range and works on targets with Dodge up. Also useful for stopping that cap when you're not going to make it to melee range in time or you get rooted (Recklessness gives Force Lightning 30 range while it's active which is also useful for stopping caps out of melee range).

At 38 I wouldn't bother getting blue mods from the planetary vendors because you can spend those WZ comms on the level 40 pvp set (Dromund Kaas Sith Inquisitor PvP Vendor) - start buying the pieces now so you can start on ranked comms at 40.

Edited by Rygho

yeah i should L2P while cc'd. good idea. i guess i'm no good at clicking skills when they're blacked-out and i've been stun lock frozen. good call. you guys are helpful helpers

Unfortunately, some games are like this and you simply cannot do anything about it.

But really, take 3/3 in that box the other poster mentioned.

Well sins are good from around lvl 20 on but they don't get great until 45-48 or so. However, that is mainly because that is where I switch to a different spec. From 20-45 they are still great if you are good. You likely just need more practice and definitely need to keybind.

Once you get 45 switch over to the middle tree and you have most of what is needed to drop people fast.

Edited by DarthRaika

Spike, Maul, Low Slash, Maul

Ummm no, spike and low slash grant duplicity on a ten second rate limit from each other. If you use low slash right after you maul from duplicity you won't get another duplicity so you're best saving low slash for later.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

For a 1 v 1: Spike, Maul, Low Slash, Maul,

one problem, you can proc a second duplicity that fast (unless its a non spike/low slash). low slash and spike are on the same duplicity timer but a different timer then surging charge timer. so using low slash + maul immediately after spike + maul is wasting force.

You have done the right thing... if you get annoyed by something level it and see how it works.

I think there there should be war zones with Assassins against Assassins ONLY. :D

It would be a learning experience for everyone in it. :D

The den in pot5 is probably the most active of the dens out there. Anyway, the dens always house more stealthers than any other class and are a good way to practice.

Edited by MasterFeign

If you have no support from a teammate and a good assassin gets the jump on you, youre probably dead. I got quite literally stunlocked and killed in 4 or 5 globals by an assassin. Between lucky crits for the sin and my decision to not waste my CC break on what I deemed a losing scenario, theres not much I could do w/out outside help. Sometimes its just smarter to take the death, and then try to leave yourself less vulnerable.

But if you see a teammate getting alpha'd by a stealther, HELP THEM.

If you have no support from a teammate and a good assassin gets the jump on you, youre probably dead. I got quite literally stunlocked and killed in 4 or 5 globals by an assassin. Between lucky crits for the sin and my decision to not waste my CC break on what I deemed a losing scenario, theres not much I could do w/out outside help. Sometimes its just smarter to take the death, and then try to leave yourself less vulnerable.

:D good good

Can't tell you how many times I have tried to tell my team that if they see a stealther pop on a teammate, to push them off, root, snare and otherwise peel and let your teammate get away. They usually still don't. It's like they have this mentality of "well, better you than me."

When playing either of the stealth classes, it can be real frustrating when the other team does a good job of getting you seperated from your target and that opener is then negated quite a bit. Completely different story if you leave me to it, especially if there are no heals or anything thrown my targets way and I somehow get the kill without being drawn into combat with another living enemy.

Now you know were not OP were squishy at 38 you have most of your skills accept voltaic slash as you need to be about 47 to have 36 points in the deception tree. Even when you get voltaic slash at 47 you still wont feel any stronger then you are now. Sin takes skill to master there is no 2 hiting people in 3 sec. It takes spike recklessness, maul, discharge, shock low slash shock maul and assassinate to kill you. providing duplicity procs as hitting maul with out it is meh on damage to some one in full pvp gear.

Edited by Neoforcer