Alliance Supply Crate Armor Vendor

LemonsForScience

There have been many times where I needed a specific armor set from the alliance supply crates but already had it in use elsewhere or otherwise had to get rid of it. I have since had to hard farm to get that piece again and this has sometimes taken over a year of dedicated farming to do. Maybe if we already collected a piece of alliance supply crate armor you should allow us to buy it for a small fee from a vendor?

Or, perhaps a simpler idea, adding Alliance Crate armors to collections? ( I would have more room in my Legacy Storage for companion gifts if I could move my Alliance Crate armors to collections---see how this is all connected?)

If the alliance stuff was added to collections, we wouldn't be able to sell duplicates to vendors anymore. To some people the credits from that are insignificant (about 3-4K each), but to some people, that would be a significant negative change. Also, all duplicates would have to be "dragged" off the menu to be destroyed after confirming the popup. This is a much more annoying process than selling them at a vendor. Edited by BRKMSN

If the alliance stuff was added to collections, we wouldn't be able to sell duplicates to vendors anymore. To some people the credits from that are insignificant (about 3-4K each), but to some people, that would be a significant negative change. Also, all duplicates would have to be "dragged" of the menu to be destroyed after confirming the popup. This is a much more annoying process than selling them at a vendor.

Good points! I most definitely did not think through my idea.

I would also like to add +1 to the idea of a Supply Crate Amor Vendor. I recently wanted to get a set of Remnant Arkanian Weaponmasters gear for my Jedi Knights, and I had to farm an insane amount of Ancient Artifacts crates to get all 7 pieces. I actually brought my influence level with Sana-Rae up to 20 on one character, and 19 on another before I got all 7.

Not only that, out of all of that, I was only able to get one Chest Piece, and I wanted to get multiple so I could use different Dye Modules with Unify Colors on different characters. Because I was only able to get one, I have had to keep destroying the dye modules from the chest pieces when I want to change the color.

Given that these items are more cosmetic than anything else now, it would be nice to have a vendor that sells them.

Or... how about add a vendor where you can buy those pieces for let's say 10 alliance crates per piece. Can be any number.

I know I have hundreds of alliance crates just idling in my legacy cargo because opening them and sorting out the drops is way too time consuming and not worth it. The only items I've even interested is the decos and some companion gifts, the rest I'll just vendor. The vendor could have other armor sets as well, such as the ones you get from Yavin/RIshi story. They are bound to the character who does the story line, and there is no way to get them later if you skipped story on Ossus launch for the gear grind. I did that on a lot of alts to be able to gear up faster, and I would like to get the pirate set on some of those alts but it's impossible now.

By exchanging crates to those armor pieces on a vendor would still require some grinding, but it would make acquiring the full sets a bit more reasonable.

Or... how about add a vendor where you can buy those pieces for let's say 10 alliance crates per piece. Can be any number.

I know I have hundreds of alliance crates just idling in my legacy cargo because opening them and sorting out the drops is way too time consuming and not worth it. The only items I've even interested is the decos and some companion gifts, the rest I'll just vendor. The vendor could have other armor sets as well, such as the ones you get from Yavin/RIshi story. They are bound to the character who does the story line, and there is no way to get them later if you skipped story on Ossus launch for the gear grind. I did that on a lot of alts to be able to gear up faster, and I would like to get the pirate set on some of those alts but it's impossible now.

By exchanging crates to those armor pieces on a vendor would still require some grinding, but it would make acquiring the full sets a bit more reasonable.

Maybe the Gemini Iokath gear. I mean that might work.

I know this is off-topic but MAN, I was so angry when I realized that the Rishi Pirate Set was not bound to Legacy! My Sith Warrior was never going to wear it so I stored it away and created a new Smuggler with a pirate theme and was so irked I couldn't use the costume!

I know this is off-topic but MAN, I was so angry when I realized that the Rishi Pirate Set was not bound to Legacy! My Sith Warrior was never going to wear it so I stored it away and created a new Smuggler with a pirate theme and was so irked I couldn't use the costume!
At least you can get it again by doing Rishi on that toon.

Yeah but by then I've found a costume that I've bonded with on that character! So, as with my Sith Warrior, it just becomes a costume slot I use for the character pretending to be a pirate. I want my character to start the story as a pirate!

Edited by Luckjim

Yeah but by then I've found a costume that I've bonded with on that character! So, as with my Sith Warrior, it just becomes a costume slot I use for the character pretending to be a pirate. I want my character to start the story as a pirate!

I'm not sure what all you have added to your collections, but there are cartel market things that are useful for a pirate look. There are a couple eye-patches, there are chest pieces that work (Nomadic Gunslinger, Calo Nord, Relaxed Vestment, Remote Outcast, Cutthroat Buccaneer, Black Vulkar, Exiled Revolutionary, Outlander Observer, Renowned Duelist, Bold Hellion, etc... ), and various cybernetic limb choices. You can dedicate the first outfit slot to a pirate themed look untill you get the Rishi stuff. That way you can start out as a pirate.

Not if you skipped to Ossus. Ossus story completes Rishi/Yavin story, and there is no way to get those later.

And yeah, it wouldn't be a problem if they were legacy bound, because we could just do Rishi & Yavin with a fresh toon and send the armor over, but unfortunately they are BoP.

Not if you skipped to Ossus. Ossus story completes Rishi/Yavin story, and there is no way to get those later.

And yeah, it wouldn't be a problem if they were legacy bound, because we could just do Rishi & Yavin with a fresh toon and send the armor over, but unfortunately they are BoP.

You can still get still get the armor by doing the Rishi datacron puzzle. When you get to the end of that there are a bunch of chests around the datacron that have the armor pieces inside.