Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

CourtneyWoods

How did you not pick up on my sarcasm? Haha :rolleyes:

Furious Angels (the song) was never featured in any of The Matrix films. Clubbed To Death was the only Rob D track on The Matrix OST.

As a representative of fairness and equality also, I think I am being more than fair as well when I say your assessment of Gabe is in fact unfair as you know very little of his actual experience or qualifications. He is a developer at BioWare. You are not. Are you implying you are more qualified than Gabe? If so, please list your qualifications and experience so we may compare side by side. That is fair. That is equality. That is just.

Sorry again for missing the sarcasm.

Furious Angels (the song) was in fact in a Matrix film.

And let me be clear. This isn't about me this is about the dev (Gabe) that brought us the Resolve bar filling slower because bad players didn't understand Resolve and were filling bars and burning CCs on people with draining Resolve. The same guy that ignored the public outcry from the community and let that release to live. This lead to MORE TIME CCed and lowered the skill bar required to play the game.

I'm not going to compare myself to him on any level other than, I know from experience in this game and many others that people have fun when they can act and control their characters. I challenge you or anyone else to find a statistically meaningful population of gamers that would agree they have more fun when they can't control the game or their character.

That is what Bioware agreed to. They agreed that MORE time CCed is good. That more time wishing we could do something is better than trying to do it. That is what Gabe brought us. That is what was forced on us. And that is one (of many reasons) PvP in this game has been troubled. Fair, factual truth.

If Gabe wants off the hook with me (and a lot of the PvP community), all he needs to do is point to the person that made that decision and I will retract my disdain for him and refocus it to the proper target or targets.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was someone at BW having a psychotic episode when they decided to remove 8v8 RWZs? I guess they were right when they said 2.4 would be a substantial PvP 'update,' since I know a substantial number of players who only keep their subs active for RWZs. I guess BW have made the decision to leave for them... Edited by Methanos

I really, really, really, really do not have any interest whatsoever in the new arenas. I would not care that they were being added (and indeed, be pleased for the people excited for them!), but please don't make me do them. When I queue for WZs, I want to do WZs, not goofy 4v4 deathmatch crap.

Please, please, please, please give us the option to opt out of arenas in the random queue. I find deathmatch-type PvP incredibly dull and would just as soon stop queuing altogether than have a good chance to get stuck doing a bunch of arenas in a row. If it means I have to stand around on fleet for longer, that's fine by me. But I really, really, really, really want to be able to ignore your new arenas as hard as I can, because it simply isn't a type of PvP I enjoy in the least.

No more 8 vs 8 Ranked Warzones? You know how much of your little PvP community you're going to loose if you implement this?
And to others who whine about removing of 8v8 Ranked.

I think it is fair to assume that BW has metrics showing how little are 8v8 RWZ played, which led to this decision.

Back to the original post: Not sure I am happy about removing WZ restrictions on F2P. Is the pass not purchased that much so it will not bring any harm to CM profits?

My 2 cents (cannot read all 30+ pages):

It seems like a major strategy for this dev team is to completely remove parts of the game that aren't exactly working ideally, even where there is no request to remove them from the community. I'm talking Open World PvP areas and 8v8 Ranked here.

Nothing about Open World PvP!! I feel that this is a HUGE chunk of PvP fun that this game is missing out on because the devs just decided to scrap it one day because it wasn't perfect.

We will now be focusing 4v4 Ranked Arenas, but as the blog says that doesn't mean Ranked 8v8 Warzones are off the table forever. But not until we can solve the issues around them.

I don't get this logic. There were no gamebreaking bugs in Ranked 8v8. You guys could have worked the issues while keeping the people that were satisfied with the current state to keep playing.

This game MAY lose a good bit of players over this. Just like we did when you guys scrapped Open World PvP.

You have got to be Kidding.

In a Galaxy in the middle of war the PvP option is based on some Hutt wanting some sport. And the empire and republics best warriors not fighting in a war but participating in some Hutt sponsored leisure pursuit?

Where is the Galactic War? Where is the Republic vs the Empire, where is the open world PvP and the faction control. You are managing to dumb PvP down to the lowest common denominator. It feels like the PvP team want to be working on some first person shooter rather than a Star Wars MMO. Where is the War?

I have to second that. With each new planet there should be new classic wz with story and mechanic behind it that make sense towards the pve story of the planet.

meh... missed it...

My main is sentinel and I strongly lack 1on1 capability against stealthers because they can simply get out of combat, stun me, and recharge tons of health.

Will there be an "in-combat" tag for the entire match-up time during arena battle?

Will exiting combat abilities be allowed in arenas?

Hope to still get some answer... :cool:

I don't get this logic. There were no gamebreaking bugs in Ranked 8v8. You guys could have worked the issues while keeping the people that were satisfied with the current state to keep playing.

This game MAY lose a good bit of players over this. Just like we did when you guys scrapped Open World PvP.

few team up= no matchmaking, a totaly new team play against the best team, and this is not funny ... so the biggest group of player will never played it.

mutch over they spoken about a temporary elimination of the 8v8 ranked....

Will we be able to choose to join EITHER non-ranked arenas OR normal 8v8 as well? I'm not a fan of deathmatches, and I'd like to be able to queue for objective-based games alone.

From a Dev quote earlier in this thread it seems like we can't choose when doing a non-ranked queue (i.e., Rank queuing will be for Arena only and non-ranked queue will be for both). I agree with you. I like objective based pvp more than death matches.

I'll try them when they come out, and I'm happy that others get new content they will enjoy, but I suspect soon after they launch I will be making life worse for some Arena players by dropping out of matches when I see it is an arena vs. WZ.

Edited by Hardradi

Teams won't be able to practice/perfect 8v8 Normal Warzones, simply because you can't queue as an ops group.

There is no more ranked for now so there is no reason to be able to queue as a ops unless you wanna be that team that gets two 4 man groups to sync queues and only accept when you get in the same warzone.

I really, really, really, really do not have any interest whatsoever in the new arenas. I would not care that they were being added (and indeed, be pleased for the people excited for them!), but please don't make me do them. When I queue for WZs, I want to do WZs, not goofy 4v4 deathmatch crap.

Please, please, please, please give us the option to opt out of arenas in the random queue. I find deathmatch-type PvP incredibly dull and would just as soon stop queuing altogether than have a good chance to get stuck doing a bunch of arenas in a row. If it means I have to stand around on fleet for longer, that's fine by me. But I really, really, really, really want to be able to ignore your new arenas as hard as I can, because it simply isn't a type of PvP I enjoy in the least.

^ This, a thousand times this!

I enjoy playing goal oriented WZs, because it means my characters no matter how bad in 1v1 have a use.

Sure straight PvP sounds fun too, but an option between "classic WZs" (no arenas) and "new WZs"(with arenas) would be a nice queue option to have.

I will love this arenas!

I would like to ask some questions:

1) Any information on reward? There will be reward by rank? There will be different reward from "classic warzone" and arenas? Different commendation? Or is like now with just new reward based on rank?

2) We will see only empire vs republic or also empire vs empire and republic vs republic?

3) Reward based on seasons endings are only thing like title or we will see unique mounts, pets, gear, achievements, etc?

4) Any chance to see "PvP weekend" or something like that, with reward or more valor and so on?

EDIT

5) There will be also team ranking? (like wow for example)

cheers all!

Edited by Elminster_cs

Time to level an op dps for arena and shelf my knight tank , I have play enough games and arenas or pvp to know tanks dont do well on 4vs4 deathmatch unless you have an exceptional group and friends with you.

So any suggestions on which class to level?

Time to level an op dps for arena and shelf my knight tank , I have play enough games and arenas or pvp to know tanks dont do well on 4vs4 deathmatch unless you have an exceptional group and friends with you.

So any suggestions on which class to level?

My guess is that a team of 3 smasher guardian/juggernaut and an Ops/Scoundrel healer will be optimal, high burst aoe dps with heals able to escape from combat if getting focused too hard.