Vulkk's Twitch and YouTube

JediAAK

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past few days a big rumor has been roaming around the internet. An article published by one of the biggest gaming blogs - Kotaku, exploded the SWTOR community (and not only!). In the attached video below you will hear my overview and analysis of the situation as well as thoughts and expectations for the future of SWTOR (and Anthem, and Bioware too!).

:csw_xwing:

Complete Beginners Guide to Galactic Star Fighter in Star Wars The Old Republic. This article will teach you all the basics – interface, menus, controls and keybinds, flying techniques, matches and maps. Here you will learn not just how to pilot your own starship, but which model and upgrades are best for your playstyle and more!

Edited by JediAAK

• 3 weeks later...

Check out this This unique cinematic clip that you can only see if your character has not completed the Shadow of Revan Prelude mission Forged Alliances. In it you meet Theron and Lana and cannot recognize them. Here they both appear as STRANGERS and introduce themselves to your character for the FIRST TIME.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I hosted a live stream with special guests Charles Boyd and Eric Musco. They were here to help me introduce the new features and changes coming with Game Update 5.9 as well as talk about new content and surprises panned for 5.10 and beyond.

Notes for Update 5.10 - article

(New Arena, New Rishi Stronghold, Weekly PvP Events and Summer plans)

• 3 weeks later...

Complete Sith Warrior Juggernaut Vengeance Guide, suitable for both beginner players, who have just reached level cap, and more advanced and experienced veterans, who seek to improve their performance!

This Guide is written by Annileator (RogueHax). For more information about the author, please check the bottom of the article

JUGGERNAUT VENGEANCE GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...

Update 5.9 is now live and my coverage of all new features is as thorough as I can possible make it! Today I would like to show you the brand new NATHEMA FLASHPOINT GUIDE and the GUNSLINGER SABOTEUR GUIDE as highlights, but let's not forget that I have updated and upgraded the Everything about SWTOR 5.9 post with all the latest info and events!

THE NATHEMA CONSPIRACY FLASHPOINT GUIDE

SWTOR GUNSLINGER SABOTEUR GUIDE, written by Awetgomk

And the gem of all things SWTOR currently:

EVERYTHING ABOUT THE NATHEMA CONSPIRACY UPDATE IN ONE PLACE

• 2 weeks later...

Several NEW Class Guides have appeared recently on VULKK.com. They are all written by guest-authors and are about Disciplines that have been missing previously in my Guides collection. Take a look!

Operative LETHALITY Guide

Imperial Agent Sniper ENGINEERING Guide

Smuggler Gunslinger SABOTEUR Guide

You can find all Class Guides here: SWTOR Class Guides 5.0+

Vulks guides are decent but one of the key mistakes he makes is his gearing recommendations so I would just like to warn players who are following these guides to pay little attention to the gearing and stats advise, the rotations aren't perfect but they are mostly at least following the general recommendations.

Regarding gearing, Vulks says in his recent Vigilance (and for most other classes as well) that for alacrity, a player should aim for ~750, see below.

due to the new DoT logic with classes like Vigilance, you should actually aim for about 750, this will allow your DoT abilities to keep ticking longer therefor doing more damage

This is of course completely incorrect and I think the mistakes come from limited knowledge of how alacrity works with damage over time effects which might have created some confusion for Vulk. Alacrity speeds up your dots, but you don't get less "ticks" of damage, you get the same amount but in a shorter time span.

For example, assuming 0 Alacrity, Shatter has a 12-second cooldown and places a bleeding effect on your target that also lasts for 12 seconds. However, assuming the player uses the recommended Alacrity level, which is 1876 (in 248/236) your Shatter will have a 10,4-second cooldown and your dots will also last the same amount of time, meaning that the bleed effects ticks the same amount of times but it ticks faster.

Vulk backs up his 750 alacritywith his own parsing, but I would argue that the lowered DPS he experiences with higher alacrity is a direct result of either not using the correct alacrity level, high MS or fault rotation. Most, if not all endgame PvE players are using the higher alacrity level (1876) and this is illustrated perhaps the best on parsley where every single parse in the top is using the 1876 alacrity.

First, thank you for your feedback.

Now on the topic of your comment.

I assume you are talking about the Vigilance guide that was published today. I would like to remind you that I do not play this spec and I am not overly competent with it. I have done some research, of course, but I rely on the author's experience for it. And this guide specifically is a guest-written article.

That quote is likely just wrong wording or you are reading it wrong. I will ask the author to rephrase it to be more clear what they mean.

As for the general rounding of stats, yes, for the min-maxers this might make a difference as the actual threshold for Alacrity is 704 and for Accuracy it's 735. I am mentioning this in most of my own guides - sentinels, marauders, commando and mercenary. As for the guest-guides, I do not alter anything unless the author asks me to. For the regular player (and the min-maxers too, by the way) the points of Alacrity will not make a difference whatsoever. It would not matter at all if you have the +46 to Crit instead of alacrity as my own guides suggest with this rounded number. By the way the "~" symbol serves exactly that purpose - rounded number for simpler presentation. I never show exact gearing template (like the one in the Lethality Guide, for example - another guest-written article). The gearing path for each player is totally different thanks to the RNG in loot drops. All the stats suggestions can be reached with a different combinations of Augments, Enhancements and Ear/Implants.

You are the first one ever to bring up the discussion of the rounded numbers, but I have been thinking of that myself and will alter the Alacrity and Accuracy to exact values.

In regards to your comment about 750 Alacrity and parsing - I assume you are once again talking about the Vigilance guide? I never ever suggest gearing for parsing. The game is not built for us to parse in it. That is why I personally play with the low alacrity threshold on my Sentinels and Marauders.

Back to the guide you were talking about - Vigilance. I would appreciate if you write this on the guide itself with specific quotes of the sections you believe the author is wrong about. This way I would be able to ask the author to check all comments and consider if they want to revisit parts of the guide and how.

Edited by JediAAK

Thanks to yours and other players' feedback I have decided to take the Vigilance and Vengeance guides down. I have received a proposal for new guides from someone, so I hope to be able to offer them to the community.

If anybody feels ready and knowledgeable enough to offer a class guide that hasn't been covered yet or simply offer their assistance when I need help checking and researching for a new class guide, contact me on info@vulkk.com and I'll file your name and offer for when I need your help. Thank you! :)

All of my own class guides - the 3 for sentinels and 3 for marauders as well as the Gunnery and Arsenal guides have been updated to include more exact stats and suggestions for the gearing process - specifically the thresholds for Accuracy, Alacrity and the recommended by me values for Crit. All changes from recent game updates have also been included.

CLASS GUIDES

Edited by JediAAK

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that I personally never enjoyed the Nightlife event shouldn't stop me from offering a detailed guide for those, who are just finding out about it and might really enjoy participating. Right? Of course!

And so, with a few years delay, but making up in quantity and quality both, I present to you my SWTOR Nightlife event guide with all missions, rewards and achievements available for the 2018 edition, including videos and image galleries.

SWTOR NIGHTLIFE EVENT GUIDE

Edited by JediAAK

• 2 weeks later...

A new Class Guide has arrived! Awetgomk has produced this time one for the Marksmanship Sniper. Check it out at the link below! A mirror translation for the Sharpshooter is coming soon - translated by the author himself!

MARKSMANSHIP SNIPER Guide

Reminder!

If you are a skilled and experienced SWTOR player and you want to help the community by writing an in-depth Class Guide that is missing in the collection on VULKK.com, let me know. Best way to directly contact me via email, so we can discuss the what, when and how - info@vulkk.com

Edited by JediAAK

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the two latest additions I have for you :)

Complete Imperial Agent Operative CONCEALMENT Guide, suitable for both beginner players and more advanced and experienced veterans, who seek to improve their performance!

CONCEALMENT OPERATIVE GUIDE - by Awetgomk and Tailorju

This Star Wars: The Old Republic Beginners Guide focuses on Crafting. Here you will learn everything you need to know about Crew Skills and which combinations work best!

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO CREW SKILLS AND CRAFTING

• 2 weeks later...

SWTOR RISHI STRONGHOLD FULL OVERVIEW AND GUIDE

Bioware has released the new Star Wars: The Old Republic Rishi Stronghold to the open Public Test Server (PTS). This Article (videos included!) will show and tell you everything you need to know about it!

SWTOR 5.9.2 NEW STRONGHOLD DECORATIONS GUIDE

SWTOR 5.9.2 introduces a number of new Strongholds Decorations available for purchase at the Fleet Vendor. Here’s an overview of all of them!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Game Update 5.9.3 "Fame and Fortune" is just around the corner. As tradition dictates, I have prepared for you a "Everything you need to know" post. You can read (and watch) all about the new Huttball map, PvP tank changes, Double XP event and everything else related to this patch.

SWTOR 5.9.3 FAME AND FORTUNE: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

Edited by JediAAK

• 1 month later...

This is an in-depth overview (including videos) of all new Tier 5 Gear Sets added to Star Wars: The Old Republic with Game Update 5.10 “Jedi Under Siege”

SWTOR 5.10 NEW TIER 5 GEAR SETS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW

Note: Please, remember that this is all based on content available on PTS. It is not final. Changes may occur. If or when this happens, I will do my best to keep this post up to date or publish a new one to reflect on the changes.

• 11 months later...

Greetings from Bulgaria!

In written form this time, not as an intro to a video :)

It's been a while, but today I want to show you my first major piece of coverage for the SWTOR 6.0 expansion Onslaught. This is a guide to all armor sets - what is available in the game, where to find it, how to get it, what set bonuses each set has, how it looks and more. This guide is just the beginning. It will be kept updated frequently (as often as I can, of course). Take a look.

SWTOR 6.0 ALL NEW ARMOR SETS AND HOW TO GET THEM GUIDE

I have more coming in the next few days. Next piece will focus on Tactical items - what are they, how they work and where to find them.

• 8 months later...

The All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally Racing event was first released with SWTOR game update 6.1.2 in June 2020. It immediately joined the rest of the recurring events on a rotation cycle.

:csw_speeder: LINK ► SWTOR ALL WORLDS ULTIMATE SWOOP RALLY EVENT GUIDE

This guide will help you understand how to start the event, how to participate in the different types of races, what factions you can race for and what rewards you can earn from your wins! The event allows you to experience a SWTOR-styled simulation of the famous (classic even) Swoop Racing events many KOTOR veterans remember with nostalgia.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to the SWTOR Feast of Prosperity Guide! Update 6.1.4 brings this new seasonal event, which runs from October 20 until November 10, 2020. You can participate in several unusual festivities in the SWTOR universe.

Feast of Prosperity offers new story content, a little bit of drama involving the Hutt, lots of non-combat festive missions and mini-games as well as combat-heavy ones, many new rewards and achievements, including a few hidden ones. This guide will help you start the event, go through all of its features and complete everything from it!

LINK: FEAST OF PROSPERITY: GUIDE TO THE NEW SEASONAL EVENT

Edited by JediAAK