Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 2.1: Customization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kilikaa
05.15.2013 , 02:07 AM | #141
Overall, this "update"is very lacking. Other than Cathar there is not a damn thing worth buying. The dye system was done completely the wrong way. Rather than allow crafters to make kits and then let players choose the color they want when they use it, for both primary and secondary, you have to hope you get lucky with the stupid cartel packs. A single slot to place the kit is such a poor idea. We can't even choose the color combinations WE want. Bioware decides what color combos the primary/secondary should be! Totally absurd!.

Then there is the kiosk. It is nothing more than the piss poor character creation system with a very few new options for SOME species. They just took Creation and made it available on the fleets and capital worlds. Same stupidly limited options. Bioware can do so much better. This update is a joke and should make the devs hang their heads in shame. They should all put paper bags over their heads. I don't know how they can sleep at night with updates like this.

Bad job, Bioware! You better seriously improve the kiosk and dye systems over the course of the year. Right now you won't make as much money as you had hoped you would.

Najesus
05.15.2013 , 02:34 AM | #142
Just out of curiosity why, as a subscriber, do I need to pay extra to unlock the new content you guys are putting out? seriously :|

instinks
05.15.2013 , 02:37 AM | #143
What character customization? I already bought the expansion, and i'm subbed, so i shouldn't have to buy anything new on the cartel market. just a rip off and i am very disappointed! No creator of this game truly cares about the players...or if their game is capturing enough for them to keep their players...they are too busy finding ways to suck more money through their little Cartel Market.

instinks
05.15.2013 , 02:39 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Najesus View Post
Just out of curiosity why, as a subscriber, do I need to pay extra to unlock the new content you guys are putting out? seriously :|
Amen!!!

DonLocutus
05.15.2013 , 02:48 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerpentor View Post
we don't care, because many of us can't even get into the game
Exactly as he wrote it. If you cant make a patch without denying us the service, make it optional. TEST it!!! I even run repair to see if anything happens. After about a year and a half you are blocking win xp users?!

Is there going to be some sort of reimbursement for lost payed game time? There should.

And by the way, if you dont want windows xp users, change product description and return the money.

Amonoa
05.15.2013 , 04:24 AM | #146
Still doesn't work!
You screwed totally this time! It's been more than 24 hours ffs, it'd be better if you'd just take back damn update and TEST it before giving us new crap!
And for those smart'***s who love to preach about XP - here's the test and guess what? My XP is BETTER than win7!

http://shrani.si/f/E/rM/3AeE2Am0/xp.png

Shingara
05.15.2013 , 04:30 AM | #147
What you have done to subscribers with this patch and info released reminds me of the old legend of pandoras box, and the last of the evils to be released from pandoras box was hope.

This patch like makeb was a pure money grab against subscribers and you leave is the hope that the sssp and 2.2 will give us hope for the future. well no more i say.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

FreePrometheus
05.15.2013 , 05:12 AM | #148
I dont think i have ever said anything against you guys (Bioware/EA) I have talked about things i would like to see. Heck! I have said that i felt like Roleplayers were a little neglected. But i have never had a full on rant aginst you. I've never felt truly dissapointed. I love this game.

I am dissapointed now.

Faith is what i had. That faith is waning. You promised so much from this patch. But what do we get?
A scheme worthy of con-artists. I feel no entitlement. I know you are a company, and you need to earn revenue. But this latest patch stinks of nothing but money grabbing. I am happy to pay for the armour and other items i like on Cartel. But randomised Dye packs. Really? That is such a blatant attempt at earning more money. Yeah, sure they dont cost much. But what you get out of them rarely comes up with anything decent. I have compromised and used one of the dyes. Its not the sort of thing i was looking for. But i am willing to go along with my choice.
I'd ask why no ability to buy seperate dyes. But as i have stated, that is glaringly obvious.

Hair. Two new hair styles for humans... One that is a Qui-Gon rip off. and another that is ridiculous IMO. And to top it all off, I HAVE to spend CC's if i want to customise anything at all.

What is this guys? I'm not asking for free stuff. What i am asking for is choice. I'm asking for the ability to decide on what dye colour i want, not have it randomised. I'm asking for customisation options that are based on a choice to either spend CC's or Credits.

I came from Star Trek Online, a terribly run MMO in my opinion. It was JUST after your money. And subscribers, they got jack all, as far as i am concerned, for the money they contribute. Their customisation, granted, cost their version of CC's but at least you had choice of colours. Anyway my point was: dont go off in their direction. Dont spoil this MMO by making everything about RL Money.

Sure you might not read this. I suppose i kind of hope you do look through these posts. There is a lot of discontent. And sure you cant please everyone. But this isnt about that. Its about people, subs like me mostly, who feel pretty hurt by the way this was all implemented.

Please, consider what you are doing.

[EDIT] And i just remembered. Not only do we have to pay for customisation, but we also have to buy the new hairstyles and other options with CC's. Which adds to my point that there should be choice on what to spend.

Regards.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. - Yoda

KhalPwno
05.15.2013 , 05:31 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by OrlithNightfire View Post
I agree with you there to a point. untill you realise you have paid for that unlock 3 times over by now from all the monthly subscriptions. so far the only really annoying thing I have found is the dye.

Fine yeah you buy dye, you roll the one you like. awesome. you put it in your armour.......but wait you just got a more awesome armour. now to put it in your colours! But wait. WTH? If i take the dye out...it destroys??? So you are saying after spending god knows how many coins to finally get the colour you like...if i want to take it out and pop it in some new armour i can't? How is that fair? I thought it might be something like Guild wars 2 where random drop it unlocks on your character colour pallet for that character permanently, and to get the good colours you buy of their version of the market.

But you are saying that I only get to use the dye it get once? That is beyond unfair!

I bought the CE i have subscribed since release date. yeah you give us free stuff etc. but seriously what we pay in subs out pays what F2P perks we auto get.

you really need to rethink this dye system!
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is this accurate??? The dyes are usable once!?

DarthZaen
05.15.2013 , 06:12 AM | #150
I'm officially afraid to log in now lol. After reading all of these posts it seems like bioware just couldn't care less about us. What makes it worse is that if you read the developer update blogs....these guys actually talk as if they care! As if they're really listening to the players and have a heartfelt desire to continue to try and make this game better....then these god awful updates come out and I feel like they're just seeing how long they can play us for fools. I feel like they're literally laughing at us as they type "we've listened to the fans and we are excited to showcase our new changes" all the while pointing at us and LAUGHING at the gullible Star Wars faithful....we all waited for so many years for this game....and bioware YOU GUYS NEED TO WAKE THE F UP....because you're turning this game into a colossal failure and I for one want someone to man up and just tell us all you want is our money....at least ill respect you before you eat my knuckles.....

I never thought I would actually consider deleting this game......but it might be better to do that, than to continue and watch it become the biggest laughingstock embarrassment in Star Wars gaming history.
"Try not, do or do not.....then if not, try to do again"